Opinion What happens if we don't play finals in 2013?

Will Hardwick get sacked if we miss finals?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • No way

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Depends on the sort of season we have

Votes: 49 58.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't make finals consistently from next year, with a flag in the next 4 or 5 years - with the potential we have, i'll give up on AFL all together.

That's my 5 year plan.

Terry...?

If we come a tight 9th and win say 12+ games, I can't see any reason to get rid of him. One problem I do have though; have always seen Dimma as more of a motivator than a tactician. Would love to see him get a brilliant tactical mind to sit with him in the box and help guide the boys. Not sure on the role Mark Williams will play on game-day, but even somebody like an experienced ex-coach, similar to the Hird/Thompson system at Essendon.

I think the problem with next season is the draw for other clubs. With more teams, it gets harder and harder to be in the top 8.

Because the weaker clubs have easier draws (have a look at them!), it will mean the middle ground area will be very tight as opposed to normal years when the weaker teams getting more hammered and vice versa. Eg Melbourne play only one top eight team twice, only once in Perth and get to face both Gold Coast and GWS twice each. Bulldogs, port the same, so i reckon a lot of teams will end around the 8-12 wins mark which means we have to win around 13-14 to be comfortable... doesnt leave too much margin for error to get into the 8.

I think the problem with next season is the draw for other clubs. With more teams, it gets harder and harder to be in the top 8.

Because the weaker clubs have easier draws (have a look at them!), it will mean the middle ground area will be very tight as opposed to normal years when the weaker teams getting more hammered and vice versa. Eg Melbourne play only one top eight team twice, only once in Perth and get to face both Gold Coast and GWS twice each. Bulldogs, port the same, so i reckon a lot of teams will end around the 8-12 wins mark which means we have to win around 13-14 to be comfortable... doesnt leave too much margin for error to get into the 8.
The Dogs do NOT have an easy draw at all.

What a waste of time you have got to be joking weve got the players that would have helped us win more games this year so I think this post is going nowhere we will finish top 4 so forget this stupidity

Back