Opinion What happens if we don't play finals in 2013?

Will Hardwick get sacked if we miss finals?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • No way

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Depends on the sort of season we have

Votes: 49 58.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant imagine the devastation I would feel if the words rebuild were to pop up in the next 24 months. Thankfully I just cant see it all falling apart this time around.
Could you imagine it? The press conference announcing Kevin Sheedy has finally come home to take the reins as senior coach. He states that The Tigers will be strong participants in the coming trade period as we look to build a competitive unit for round one but it will take time to get where we want to be, finals that is....

I feel sick

My last day of work is the 21st of December. I'm pretty sure that's the last day of the world as well. So don't stress we won't be around to see us miss finals. :p

Dont laugh about it dude...over the last 3 decades, tipping there were prophecies that had the world ending but they didnt happen. Now that we have got our ******* club out of basket case status and on the road to becoming a top notch side, this one will hit pay dirt, purely because they ******* want to * with us even when the world ends...it was based on us and the jinx that has reigned over us. Yes the world will suffer from the devastation, but they wanted the tigerheads to not only suffer from the dvastation of the end of the world, but to be spitting chips while it was happening, holding onto their GF tickets as they plunged into the abyss. ;)

I cant imagine the devastation I would feel if the words rebuild were to pop up in the next 24 months. Thankfully I just cant see it all falling apart this time around.
Could you imagine it? The press conference announcing Kevin Sheedy has finally come home to take the reins as senior coach. He states that The Tigers will be strong participants in the coming trade period as we look to build a competitive unit for round one but it will take time to get where we want to be, finals that is....

I feel sick
This won't happen. Even if we were to fail this year and a new coach was appointed, just about everyone recognises that our list is no longer the basket cases it was three years ago. A new coach would not go into rebuild mode. He would just add a player or two that he believed bettered our structure. Introduce his game and go for it straight away! We are close now.. No going back...

Napalm.jpg

this in order:

848533-damien-hardwick.jpg

richmond157.jpg

0.jpg

Royal+Riot+d.JPG

Not quite sure if burning london will help, but I guess we can give it a try as part of our leaving no stone unturned to improve policy. :confused:

In all honesty though I think it will be impossible for us not to improve barring catastrophic injuries to key personnel. Given our recruitment of mature players especially. As well as improvement from younger team members. I am very optimistic, after all I'm a Tigers member :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what exactly would sacking hardwick prove ?? .... why would we want to rebuild again ?? ... i have 1 word to describe the tigers finals chances 'patience'

what exactly would sacking hardwick prove ?? .... why would we want to rebuild again ?? ... i have 1 word to describe the tigers finals chances 'patience'

Agree.. No matter what happens next year I wouldn't want Hardwick sacked which is why I voted No way.. Just look at Bomber Thompson with Geelong and what happened there.

If we sack Hardwick just because we don't make the finals, then this club is as weak as the floggy Soccer clubs and Poort Power. Hardwick has done more for this club than any of the previous coaches maybe all the way back to Bourke, Jewell and Hafey. We as a club need to put our trust in a coach and give him a chance instead of chopping and changing every few years......... otherwise i will be doing the same with this club come the end of the season.

If we sack Hardwick just because we don't make the finals, then this club is as weak as the floggy Soccer clubs and Poort Power. Hardwick has done more for this club than any of the previous coaches maybe all the way back to Bourke, Jewell and Hafey. We as a club need to put our trust in a coach and give him a chance instead of chopping and changing every few years......... otherwise i will be doing the same with this club come the end of the season.

Agree with your sentiments but what happens if we go backwards in 2013 and win 6 games, lose to Gold Coast again and get smashed against teams we have finally beaten like St Kilda & Essendon? IMO thats unacceptable and the coach should cop it if heaven forbid that ever happens.

I think Dimma is great but he isnt immune to being held responsible for failure.

Agree with your sentiments but what happens if we go backwards in 2013 and win 6 games, lose to Gold Coast again and get smashed against teams we have finally beaten like St Kilda & Essendon? IMO thats unacceptable and the coach should cop it if heaven forbid that ever happens.

I think Dimma is great but he isnt immune to being held responsible for failure.

That's the thing tho it isn't just The Coach it is all of the selection panel, the committee and draft selectors.
Yes game day is ultimately Hardwick's domain, but what he has given to the club through pride and culture has turned the Tigers around and as you can see with membership numbers and merchandise sales people are returning.

Try not to slit his throat to early.

because we like rebuilding. Before you know it the rest of the comp will work out that its better to rebuild than to win flags...we are at the forefront of new innovative ideas on what success really is..

I mean how good does it feel to have a team in rebuild stage? It creates all the s**t on this board that we continue to debate about...lets face it, how would life be if we won a flag and we couldnt post...dud, delist?

Back