Opinion What happens if we don't play finals in 2013?

Will Hardwick get sacked if we miss finals?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • No way

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Depends on the sort of season we have

Votes: 49 58.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So it's already started

The top 12 from last year would all be extremely stiff to miss finals next year.

There are going to be at least 4 teams with hugely disappointing seasons who might have made finals any other given year.

We need to take it easy.

We would need to keep the faith.
Hardwick has done a massive job in turning around our list and has only really started to see the benefits of the FTF.
The new facilities have only been around for a couple of years as have our extra recruiters, whilst the bombers, magpies and eagles of this world have been ahead of us for a while in these departments.
It will take time, but I'm confident 2013 onwards we will be a feared team.

this in order:

848533-damien-hardwick.jpg

richmond157.jpg

0.jpg

Royal+Riot+d.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, the great hypotheticals, gotta love them.
Anythings possible, especially in a year. But you'd think the only way that Dimma would get sacked if there was a player revolt against Dimma (and not just a couple of the players either) and basically the players threw the towel in for the year. Unlikely, but possible.
Even with a crappy game plan, the style of players that we are targeting will keep us competitive. But we could well finish outside the 8 again.

Two more wins should get us into the finals, no?

We'd have a horrific injury run to key players for us not to be playing finals in 2013. We could've been playing finals this season.

Two more wins would not have got us in the eight this year. We actually finished a long way off the pace when you look at win/loss only

Turns out i'm moving over the the England for work for the next 12-24 months (perfect timing for the ashes ;) ) so if we don't play finals next year it saves me a trip to Melbourne in September!

With the draw we have been given, to miss finals the only reasonable excuse would be if our top 4 players all got heaven forbid injured for a lengthy period.

It's game on at Tigerland, no more excuses.

Back