Finals effectively gone. What do we do from here for the 2023 season?

Will we still play finals in 2023?

• YES

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • NO

Votes: 73 79.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are just about at the point where we should get into play the kids mode, maybe another week or two just to not completely cook them all.

But its gotta be the time to be playing Banks, Bauer, Sonsie, Nyuon, Dow, Brown rotating through the AFL side, we need to pump games into them and see who might be able to offer something for 2024.

We are just about at the point where we should get into play the kids mode, maybe another week or two just to not completely cook them all.

But its gotta be the time to be playing Banks, Bauer, Sonsie, Nyuon, Dow, Brown rotating through the AFL side, we need to pump games into them and see who might be able to offer something for 2024.

We are kidding ourselves if we think we can steal a premiership this year. Other teams like the Lions would have to be well down

You can see Lions are still building, improving and getting stronger

We are kidding ourselves if we think we can steal a premiership this year. Other teams like the Lions would have to be well down

You can see Lions are still building, improving and getting stronger
I hope the club don't still think that.

If they do, it's only gonna take another loss or two which probably isn't far away for it to become apparant to them.

I'd hope we have more realism than that though at the club.

I havenā€™t lost hope yet, but Iā€™m getting there. Losing to Sydney would seal the deal for me as I donā€™t think weā€™ll beat 3 of Melbourne, Bulldogs (Marvel), St Kilda (Marvel), and Port Adelaide (AO). Beating Sydneyā€™s our last chance in keeping our season alive IMO.

I havenā€™t lost hope yet, but Iā€™m getting there. Losing to Sydney would seal the deal for me as I donā€™t think weā€™ll beat 3 of Melbourne, Bulldogs (Marvel), St Kilda (Marvel), and Port Adelaide (AO). Beating Sydneyā€™s our last chance in keeping our season alive IMO.
Port in Adelaide is a loss.

We pretty much need to win every other game from here. It ain't happening, we ain't that good.

Cumberland should stay in the side for the remainder of the year. Brown in for Grimes. Sonsie and Dow should also get games. Miller should also be developed as a hard leading half forward flanker.
I would float Baker as trade bait maybe WCE second round pick.

Wat

Cumberland should stay in the side for the remainder of the year. Brown in for Grimes. Sonsie and Dow should also get games. Miller should also be developed as a hard leading half forward flanker.
What logic is there to trading baker for a second round pick?

Heā€™s heart and soul dudeā€¦Thatā€™s a No, and heā€™s worth a first rounder anywayā€¦

Pre bye effort and intensity.

Mrj to play mids in vfl

Banks brown coulthard need to be given a taste.

Keep playing Clarke

Ryan miller depending on the week but Iā€™d prefer soldo in and one of them out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're 1 win out of the 8. We should and will keep playing best available. Plus it's in Mini's best interest to win as many games as possible.

Need to win at least 6 of swans, eagles, hawks, saints, dogs, dees, norf and port. We may well start favortirs in all of them bar port and dees.

Buckle up campaigners, losing is for losers.

We're 1 win out of the 8. We should and will keep playing best available. Plus it's in Mini's best interest to win as many games as possible.

Need to win at least 6 of swans, eagles, hawks, saints, dogs, dees, norf and port. We may well start favortirs in all of them bar port and dees.

We should beat Swans at the G, eagles at OS, hawks, and North at the G (4 wins). That leaves dees. Dogs and Saints at Marvel and Port at AO
Need to win two of those 4 games to make it. Dees at the G and hope to split a win out of dogs or saints at Marvel. Port at AO can't see it.

Sydney thrashed us without a defense no way we can beat them with a full list. Especially now they have hit form.

IMO will beat Eagles, Hawks, North and one of the Dogs or Saints.

Swans are 50/50 at the G.

We just aren't that good

Yeah they are gonna drop a captain after giving him an extension , and as for one foot only Cumberland meh

Are we gone though? Thought we are still an outside chance. Did not think last night was a true reflection of where the list was at

to get to 12 wins we would need to win every game for the rest of the season bar 2

this includes

Sydney At MCG
Hawthorn
West coast in WA
Melbourne
Dogs at Marvel
Saints at Marvel
Port in Radelaide
North at MCG

13 would guarantee finals, but then we can only lose one game for the rest of the year

pretty safe to assume were now gone, the losses to the bombers, suns, dogs and sydney killed our season

But what is best available though? Is it really the mix we've been going with the past 5 weeks add or take away a couple of players?

In our premiership years, we always changed things up by adding new players. We only debuted one player this year and are going with the same conservative lineup every week. I don't know why Brisbane have room to debut two first-year players and we have only room for one 24-year-old first-year player that'll turn 25 this year. I don't get it tbh.

We can only lose 2 more games if we want to make finals IMO, which would take us to 12-1-10. With two Marvel games, Melbourne at the MCG, and a trip to AO for Port Adelaide remaining, we can't just rely on the same lineup. St Kilda and Bulldogs will kick our behinds at Marvel stadium with our current forward set-up (see the Gold Coast game for a preview of how our forwards perform at Marvel). Port Adelaide is yet to lose at AO against a travelling side, and I'm not waiting for a win against Melbourne.

If we want to make finals, then we need to do something different. This current side is good enough to push Port Adelaide at the MCG and beat Fremantle away, GWS away, and St Kilda at the MCG. However, it's not good enough to beat Bulldogs at Marvel, St Kilda at Marvel, Melbourne, and Port Adelaide at AO.

I haven't even started talking about the danger game that's Sydney at the MCG either, so playing players we haven't played this year is our only hope for making finals IMO. It might be the spark we need.

Horseshit, we lost because of the list, where they are at in terms of timings, not Mini last night.

His only chance to become senior coach is to prove he can develop the kids and he should be in close with Morris to see how our kids are going.

We did a few stuff ups but the Lions did a few stuff ups as well. Sure we had a few missing but we are declining overall while they are rising clearly. Blind Freddy can see the Lions are entering a sweet spot for around the next 3-4 years same with the Pies for maybe a couple of years

Last edited:
Back