What have you come to accept over the years?

Remove this Banner Ad

what have i come to accept over the years?

Australians will always root for the under dog. regardless of your position in life, if you can portray an image of a hardworking battler that is hard done by from those in power, then you can write your own future.

intelligence is no longer a measure of where you can ascend in life - trump is living proof.

study is not as important as networking. its not what you know, but who you know.

the Australian education system is a contest as to who can regurgitate the most information, not who can show they are able to apply what they have learned.

regardless of what my year 8 math teacher told me, quadratic and reciprocal functions will not be useful knowledge in the work force.

iu
When did Starbucks start offering sex services?

A revolution beckons. Yet we will destroy ourselves in the process.

The timeline is that we will sit back and watch the US destroy itself.

Then the LibNatLabor-corporate-MSM-brainwashed underclass will rise up and be squashed US-style and start blaming Andrews for not having saved them.

Anyone not of the underclass will still be too apathetic to do s**t-all except whinge about how unfair the system is since the corona caused them to lose their jerbs. And those above that will continue to not give the slightest of *s.

I think it depends, in the corporate world definitely, perhaps in a small business you might be wrong.

It all comes back to people. No company cares or has the capacity to. I've worked for companies from ~10 to 100,000+ employees. Different experiences along the way. Even in soulless corporate world if you don't recognise good people and treat them accordingly you are an idiot.

People only remember your mistakes.

Not the good attitude and work ethic you gave and the things you do right.

Some employers are also frighteningly small minded over trivial personality differences.

True and not just employers. If someone has a set against you they have a set against you. You could cure cancer and it wouldnt be enough. Not worth engaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There does seem to be an undercurrent of dissatisfaction in this thread.

A revolution beckons. Yet we will destroy ourselves in the process.
A good look at Twitter, Facebook, Reddit gives you a good indication that Western democracy is cannibalizing itself.

The future is Asia.

People only remember your mistakes.

Not the good attitude and work ethic you gave and the things you do right.

Some employers are also frighteningly small minded over trivial personality differences.

I was brought up being taught that when you start a new job to always do extra work and work extra hard to make a good first impression.

The problem I have experienced with this is people start expecting you to work like this all the time and after a while when you have a day where you can't sustain it then suddenly people question why are you slacking off when in fact the work you are doing is still satisfactory.

If you start a new job, my advice is to do the work that is expected of you and thats it, don't do more.

I was brought up being taught that when you start a new job to always do extra work and work extra hard to make a good first impression.

The problem I have experienced with this is people start expecting you to work like this all the time and after a while when you have a day where you can't sustain it then suddenly people question why are you slacking off when in fact the work you are doing is still satisfactory.

If you start a new job, my advice is to do the work that is expected of you and thats it, don't do more.

In a similar vein, 'look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves'.

* the pennies, worry about the pounds. It's good to have sensible habits, but no point skipping on a coffee to save $4 if you are earning $20k less than everyone around you doing the same job and paying 1% higher on your home loan.

This is really, really wise advice. I've recently experienced this very thing. (to my own detriment of course)

R.e work, that money is the only thing that matters. Going into the workforce naive af, believing all the BS about "team", "family" and "exist to serve our customers" yet in real life practice it's anything but. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it does my head in how companies trot out the same lines and expect you to swallow them.
Ideally I would like to find a job that is autonomous

R.e work, that money is the only thing that matters. Going into the workforce naive af, believing all the BS about "team", "family" and "exist to serve our customers" yet in real life practice it's anything but. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it does my head in how companies trot out the same lines and expect you to swallow them....Ideally I would like to find a job that is autonomous.

Find a job that YOU want to do, that makes you happy & fulfills your life & emotions....anything less is being a servant & a slave to someone else's needs & agenda....If that means or requires 4 years at Uni or undertaking a new apprenticeship to follow your dreams, , then so be it.

a job & employment shouldn't be drudgery....You're just wasting your life & time away then.

Find what makes you passionate & energizes you & then follow that....all industry jingoistic speak is BS.

That people will never realize there isn't two sides to politics, there is no left and right, lab lib, dem rep....Choice....Lol

How dare you question our Democratic institutionalized illusions.....Go outside & slaughter a sacred cow this instant.

Find a job that YOU want to do, that makes you happy & fulfills your life & emotions....anything less is being a servant & a slave to someone else's needs & agenda....If that means or requires 4 years at Uni or undertaking a new apprenticeship to follow your dreams, , then so be it.

a job & employment shouldn't be drudgery....You're just wasting your life & time away then.

Find what makes you passionate & energizes you & then follow that....all industry jingoistic speak is BS.

Cause of my misery and extreme depression. What do you do when you're unable to do what you wanna do because of other circumstances that make it impossible to do? Live in misery and unhappiness? Pm me.....

Cause of my misery and extreme depression. What do you do when you're unable to do what you wanna do because of other circumstances that make it impossible to do? Live in misery and unhappiness? Pm me.....

That function is blocked on my account.

The first task you need to undertake is getting to the source of your depression. That might entail questioning ritualized behaviors that block you from doing so....Depression is ultimately the soul's call for attention....It requires owning & opening up to your emotional history & being. You might need a therapist to help you along that road....Someone who can guide you through the emotional maze & help in undoing your emotional blockages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back