Discussion What I would like to hear about St Kilda this off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

A big name signing that doesn't have a history of violence, alcohol abuse or gambling problems.

I would love to hear about how good the yonug players we picked up in trade week are.
Let's get rid of the old and bring in the new. Please do'nt pick up anyone older than 22. That wold really annoy me.

Go Saints

A few headlines I would like to read:

St.Kilda resign Ross Lyon to 3 year deal
Saints hire new PR team
ST.Kilda invite members to deliver feedback on memberships
Riewoldt surgery success, skipper looking forward to big pre season
Saints negotiate new stadium deal
Lenny in line for RD 1

A few headlines I would like to read:

St.Kilda resign Ross Lyon to 3 year deal
Saints hire new PR team
ST.Kilda invite members to deliver feedback on memberships
Riewoldt surgery success, skipper looking forward to big pre season
Saints negotiate new stadium deal
Lenny in line for RD 1

Yes! For Sure. Sign Ross, hell, give him 5 years!

Nothing. No trades resulting in discreded players from other clubs. Just grabbing a few younger kids in the national draft and maybe getting a mature aged recruit from a state league with a late pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny Hayes, Robert Harvey, Tony Lockett, Nick Riewoldt, Stewart Loewe, Danny Frawley all become 18 year olds again ;)

"David Swallow makes shock move to St Kilda for 250k per year"
"Jonathan Brown says his body is perfect and discusses his desicion to move south"
"Gary Ablett decides to follow David Swallow for similar money to the Saints"
"Sandilands heads to Seaford: Why he wanted to get away from WA"
"Cloning technology: How the Lenny Hayes replica will reach adult maturity in only 1 year"
"Demetriou: Clones covered under F/S"

I'd be fairly happy with that.

"Cloning technology: How the Lenny Hayes replica will reach adult maturity in only 1 year"
"Demetriou: Clones covered under F/S"

You may as well just cancel the AFL forever.

No other club has someone they can clone enough times to beat 22 of Lenny Hayes.

1. "off season untroubled"
2. "ross lyon signs for 2 more years"
3. "pelchen brings a new youth policy to the saints"

the first is the best

this offseason all ross needs to say is this:

"if you **** UP, you **** OFF"

I think we'll hear about everything, including the usual stuff that didn't happen (disproved rumours with no apology from the media).

The hacks are still catty towards us:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ore-fans-losing-the-faith-20110911-1k47y.html

Jason Blake patiently offered a bit of a post-mortem. At one stage, he paused to ask a senior teammate for a hand. The teammate, who does OK out of the media himself, dismissively shot back: "I'm not talking to journalists", and returned to his private conversation. That's fairly typical.

Earlier this season, 3AW was kept waiting half-an-hour for a post-match interview before being told the player had actually snuck out the back way and gone home.

We'll not name the two players, but seriously guys, are you still in sixth grade or something?

It's been as much a frustration for Lyon, who carries the vast bulk of media responsibilities, and with whom I've been fortunate to share a couple of revealing interviews.

But the public face of St Kilda remains closed, scowling, and with a huge metaphorical "keep out" sign plastered across it. What some of the more immature Saints fail to realise is how badly that reflects the club to their own dedicated supporters.

Requests for interviews are consistently knocked back, players having to be dragged kicking and screaming before a microphone.

It's certainly a dinosaur mentality that has little place in the 21st century.

I think we'll hear about everything, including the usual stuff that didn't happen (disproved rumours with no apology from the media).

The hacks are still catty towards us:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ore-fans-losing-the-faith-20110911-1k47y.html

Jason Blake patiently offered a bit of a post-mortem. At one stage, he paused to ask a senior teammate for a hand. The teammate, who does OK out of the media himself, dismissively shot back: "I'm not talking to journalists", and returned to his private conversation. That's fairly typical.

Earlier this season, 3AW was kept waiting half-an-hour for a post-match interview before being told the player had actually snuck out the back way and gone home.

We'll not name the two players, but seriously guys, are you still in sixth grade or something?

It's been as much a frustration for Lyon, who carries the vast bulk of media responsibilities, and with whom I've been fortunate to share a couple of revealing interviews.

But the public face of St Kilda remains closed, scowling, and with a huge metaphorical "keep out" sign plastered across it. What some of the more immature Saints fail to realise is how badly that reflects the club to their own dedicated supporters.

Requests for interviews are consistently knocked back, players having to be dragged kicking and screaming before a microphone.

It's certainly a dinosaur mentality that has little place in the 21st century.

Hmm , I've seen Montagna, BJ, a rare James Gwilt, Lenny, Plenty of DalSanto and Riewoldt more than usual of Milne on TV.

Could it be.... surely not, but maybe its only the flogs they dont want to talk to. Biting the hand that feeds you maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back