What is at the core of our political instability?

Remove this Banner Ad

Political parties.

Everyone should run as an independent.

You can't blindly follow a team if there's no team to support.
If you are going to follow an Independant I'd be very careful of voting for a career politician defecting from the Liberal Party.. Being so on the nose, some may think standing up and making a statement might save them thier seats.
Julia Banks has declared she won't contest the next election with little hope of retaining her's. Will she change her mind by declaring the strong support that constituents are showing her? The speech she (only mths before the upcoming election with few sitting days) delivered may appeal to the demographic, moderate in nature, womans vote etc A sitting member with many references towards her serving in their best interests. To me it sounded more like a campaign speech .
Then we have Craig Kelly who seems likely to stand as an Independant who could very possibly rejoin the Liberal party, if he is successful. seems his reason maybe different. He may not be preselected in a safe Liberal seat, he does like his chances.though.
It maybe better as an Independant with a strong following in opposition or back in the fold of what would likely be a Liberal Party needing the support of Independants to form government, if the LNP is somehow able to get up. He may well see what's on offer.
None the less the Liberal Party is divided between the moderates and the right with little to do with the Leadership, from day one you willl not get a stable government.

Last edited:
We aren't unstable. but theres was a messiah complex.

In reality before being electd as PM, some aspirants are vastly under rated, and some are rated but total failures

I think the internet and Facebook have introduced people to politics who may not have engaged in the past which has in turn changed the tenor of the debate.
I see these examples in here.

Someone clearly politically naiive posts a propaganda point - gets called on it / fact checked - disappears only to bring up the same point in another thread.

I think you could categorise that as any mainstream media outlet that doesn't objectively report the news. Which is pretty much every single one.
But Newscorpse has such an objectionably dominant position in Australia.

Surely no coincidence that the two anglophone countries with the most stable political scene (Canada and NZ) are also the countries where Murdoch has the weakest market share.

Corruption, make no mistake; it's rife in our society.

What are the reasons behind people knowing exactly what they are seeing and staying quiet about it.?

Are those of us who look on, just as guilty of the crime.?

There are 2 options, conform or either get a 'holiday' and be denied any access or have your opinions belittled by 'acknowledged' posters.

I'm so over the crap that gets by, with Australia Day only just gone; what ever happened to our values as Australians.?

So we have a situation where the govt no longer has the numbers, and has addressed this by cancelling parliament. 3 months to go

We are all OK with this? it has a banana republic feel. are we all privately saying 'well ill just vote them out"

Is there a threshold on this acceptance? would we accept it 12 months or 18 months out from an election?

So we have a situation where the govt no longer has the numbers, and has addressed this by cancelling parliament. 3 months to go

We are all OK with this? it has a banana republic feel. are we all privately saying 'well ill just vote them out"

Is there a threshold on this acceptance? would we accept it 12 months or 18 months out from an election?
They cancelled the final 3 sitting days ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where ?

I’m taking it that you are OK with it. What if there’s a massive election defeat but the campaigners just ignore that?

Just seeing where our ‘ok with that’ threshold is

I’m taking it that you are OK with it. What if there’s a massive election defeat but the campaigners just ignore that?

Just seeing where our ‘ok with that’ threshold is

If they HAD HAVE cancelled the final 3 days of sitting there's no way i'd be cool with it.
All i was doing was trying to get confirmation they HAD cancelled the final 3 sitting days.

Will our jaws hit the ground when, maybe a month from now, scomo says ‘as we no longer have the numbers on the floor of parliament, I have asked the GG to....”

If they HAD HAVE cancelled the final 3 days of sitting there's no way i'd be cool with it.
All i was doing was trying to get confirmation they HAD cancelled the final 3 sitting days.

Without nit picking, if they did this nine months out from an election, we are OK with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back