Ancient What is the oldest man made structure on earth?

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Here is a picture of gobekli tepe:

Göbekli-Tepe-main-view.png

It should be noted that this impressive site is only partially excavated, ie this is merely the start of what looks to be an enormous ancient site. They are suggesting it was built around 9,000 BC or earlier. It is 800m above sea level, the monoliths at the site weigh up to 20 tons, and all had to be transported to the site.

According to modern ball loving "science", this is what mankind was like back then:

cavemen-food-nutrition.jpg

Entirely incapable of forming a society, let alone building a monolithic site like gobekli tepe.

Science got this wrong. Again. Science gets a lot wrong. Science says we were little more than monkeys eating bananas in 10,000 BC, flinging faeces at one another shouting "ooga booga! ooga booga!", so when gobekli tepe comes along science goes mysteriously quiet.

Why? Because modern science is wrong about a lot of stuff, but hides behind this facade of intelligentsia to pull off its con trick, so that scientists can get funding to pay for their worthless existences. That's what it comes down to. Scientists will say whatever they need to in order to get funding, no matter how ridiculous it is, and Joe Public eat it up. Scientists are essentially prostitutes. They whore themselves for money.

Last edited:

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not a scientist and i don't give enough of a s**t to look it up, but isn't the position that homo sapiens moved out of africa several hundred thousand years ago.

It's not hard to imagine that there were peaks in some areas where development occurred and advances were made that were then lost. Look at Rome for example, something we have plenty of evidence for, they created technology and architectural achievements that the knowledge was lost and couldn't be replciated for 1000+ years...

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not a scientist and i don't give enough of a s**t to look it up, but isn't the position that homo sapiens moved out of africa several hundred thousand years ago.

It's not hard to imagine that there were peaks in some areas where development occurred and advances were made that were then lost. Look at Rome for example, something we have plenty of evidence for, they created technology and architectural achievements that the knowledge was lost and couldn't be replciated for 1000+ years...
Or the best example, Greek fire.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Don't bother. He's the only one in the world who is right and can't accept that scientific consensus changes with new discoveries. He must have been laughed out of grad school for suggesting pyramids were alien landing sites.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels

So basically a lost civilization that shakes up the general consensus on the history and advancement of humans...?

Putting aside all the anti-scientist ranting, I think that Duritz's point.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
So basically a lost civilization that shakes up the general consensus on the history and advancement of humans...?

Putting aside all the anti-scientist ranting, I think that Duritz's point.
So you mean, what happens in science frequently, happened again and he can't hack it and whinges.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Id be more interested in the first use of mind expanding drugs - probably cam before the structures

"Hey guys, I dreamed something up, wanna find some big rocks?"
didnt a chimpanzee munch on some phychadelics and skipped a few steps in evolution and is why we here today

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
didnt a chimpanzee munch on some phychadelics and skipped a few steps in evolution and is why we here today
There is now some serious investigation into this and the possibility that this is the reason for what we call consciousness!

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Yeah mushrooms are thought to have had contributed, as is fire and the ability for us to cook our food which unlocked loads of previous proteins that we never had up until then, another one was the thumb and the ability to pick things up and use tools, also the ability for us to think as a group and plan hunting wild animals together e.t.c theres lots of factors.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here is a picture of gobekli tepe:

Göbekli-Tepe-main-view.png

It should be noted that this impressive site is only partially excavated, ie this is merely the start of what looks to be an enormous ancient site. They are suggesting it was built around 9,000 BC or earlier. It is 800m above sea level, the monoliths at the site weigh up to 20 tons, and all had to be transported to the site.

According to modern ball loving "science", this is what mankind was like back then:

cavemen-food-nutrition.jpg

Entirely incapable of forming a society, let alone building a monolithic site like gobekli tepe.

Science got this wrong. Again. Science gets a lot wrong. Science says we were little more than monkeys eating bananas in 10,000 BC, flinging faeces at one another shouting "ooga booga! ooga booga!", so when gobekli tepe comes along science goes mysteriously quiet.

Why? Because modern science is wrong about a lot of stuff, but hides behind this facade of intelligentsia to pull off its con trick, so that scientists can get funding to pay for their worthless existences. That's what it comes down to. Scientists will say whatever they need to in order to get funding, no matter how ridiculous it is, and Joe Public eat it up. Scientists are essentially prostitutes. They whore themselves for money.
Yep. Nowhere more so than the shamfest than is Acient Egypt .

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I love when people talk about history in absolutes.

Does Duritz's favourite historic site prove that most humans weren't hunter gatherers as has been previously inferred? Of course it doesn't. It's entirely possible that most humans at the time were hunting and gathering but that one society had developed a bit faster. So 9000BC could have been a mix of hunter gatherers as well as some settlement-dwellers.

Also, much like the Budj-Bim eel traps, while Gobekli Tepe might be dated from a certain period, that doesn't mean the image of the layout as its shown has been that way throughout history.

That's a very earthquake prone area. it's likely that building was demolished and rebuilt many times.

The eel traps were almost certainly managed, maintained and changed through floods and improved techniques. So while it might have started 6,000 years ago, it might only have been around in it's current form for maybe 200 years (or maybe 2,000 or more). We will never know.

You can all argue about it, that's what history is all about, really. But don't talk in absolutes like "This bit of info proves this once and for all". That's not history.

Back