What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett the grub taking the comments around media performance from the club personal.

Another dig at club and Beveridge. Not predictable at all.

He’ll tell you he’s an objective journalist but truth is, he’s an unprofessional muck racking light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In the same way the failed fireman's name should be over-ridden by BF, that hack you guys have referenced above should not have his name acknowledged on here, IMO. Complaining about him but still referencing him feeds into browser algorithms to promote his 'brand' (I baulk at calling it 'journalism'). I'd suggest BF alters his name to Mauve Ambulance-chasing Coward... too long maybe?

He’ll tell you he’s an objective journalist but truth is, he’s an unprofessional muck racking light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He hides all journalistic accountability behind the word "If". Just trash that's not worthy of the official site of a professional elite sport.

It's one thing members and supporters those who are passionate about the club having a crack, it's another altogether to read the driblings of the bespectacled POS this morning.

The campaigner, like Cornes, has a personal grudge and that clouds his judgement on all things in involving the club.

It's deeply unprofessional and any organisation with any shred of credibility wouldn't tolerate it or would at the least tell the p**** to pull his head in, but no, it's the AFL the most p***weak, gutless organisation on Earth. Let's not forget he is writing for code's own website. Can you imagine any other code tolerating the trashing of a club and the brand of the code in such a way? Wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
Sen Article

Western Bulldogs utility Caleb Daniel has found himself out of favour with selection early in 2024 – but there’s no indication he’ll seek a trade at the end of this year as a consequence.

Daniel, a 2020 All-Australian, has only played once this year after Round 4, with that appearance against Fremantle coming as the sub. The 27-year-old has played his entire career at Whitten Oval and since breaking into Luke Beveridge’s side in mid-2015, has never had any major challenges with selection.
2024 is the first time that Daniel’s position now and into the future is in jeopardy.

However, AFL Media’s Josh Gabelich has a reassuring message for Bulldogs fans, explaining that Daniel currently has no overriding qualms with his situation.

“I’ve checked on this. I’m understanding that he’s fine with how things are,” Gabelich told SEN’s Sportsday of Daniel.

“Not in terms of not being selected, he’s not unhappy, he understands where things sit right now.

“He did come in against Fremantle and didn’t perform, but it is a big watch. We are only at Round 9, however.”

Daniel has a contract at the Kennel until 2026, having signed a four-year deal to extend his time at the club back in 2022.

In the shortened season that was 2020, when Daniel was named All-Australian, he averaged 20 possessions at over 80 per cent efficiency as well as 5.2 intercepts.
The Bulldogs this weekend omitted three players after a surprise loss to Hawthorn in Round 8, with the likes of Joel Freijah (debut) and Luke Cleary (one game in 2023) among the four ins over Daniel.

Beveridge has previously explained he has “no doubt” Daniel will be back in the senior team at some point.

“When we think about Caleb and what role he might play week to week, he’s been pretty adept in playing all over the ground. He’s one of those players who doesn’t settle in one area,” Beveridge said in mid-April.

“The team needs have come before Caleb’s to a degree and that’s always hard to process and deal with. He, as you would expect, such a great character and with his integrity, he’ll always put things in accord with what’s best for the team.

“If he plays state league (VFL), maybe there is a period of time he spends there, it just depends on who is playing well in different areas at AFL level and when he gets his claws into the competition again. We have no doubt that will happen.”

Daniel is in a similar position to experienced teammates Jack Macrae and Bailey Dale, with all three fighting for their spots in Beveridge’s best side in 2024.

Daniel has recorded 26, 21 and 28 touches in his three VFL games this season.

Sen Article

Western Bulldogs utility Caleb Daniel has found himself out of favour with selection early in 2024 – but there’s no indication he’ll seek a trade at the end of this year as a consequence.

Daniel, a 2020 All-Australian, has only played once this year after Round 4, with that appearance against Fremantle coming as the sub. The 27-year-old has played his entire career at Whitten Oval and since breaking into Luke Beveridge’s side in mid-2015, has never had any major challenges with selection.
2024 is the first time that Daniel’s position now and into the future is in jeopardy.

However, AFL Media’s Josh Gabelich has a reassuring message for Bulldogs fans, explaining that Daniel currently has no overriding qualms with his situation.

“I’ve checked on this. I’m understanding that he’s fine with how things are,” Gabelich told SEN’s Sportsday of Daniel.

“Not in terms of not being selected, he’s not unhappy, he understands where things sit right now.

“He did come in against Fremantle and didn’t perform, but it is a big watch. We are only at Round 9, however.”

Daniel has a contract at the Kennel until 2026, having signed a four-year deal to extend his time at the club back in 2022.

In the shortened season that was 2020, when Daniel was named All-Australian, he averaged 20 possessions at over 80 per cent efficiency as well as 5.2 intercepts.
The Bulldogs this weekend omitted three players after a surprise loss to Hawthorn in Round 8, with the likes of Joel Freijah (debut) and Luke Cleary (one game in 2023) among the four ins over Daniel.

Beveridge has previously explained he has “no doubt” Daniel will be back in the senior team at some point.

“When we think about Caleb and what role he might play week to week, he’s been pretty adept in playing all over the ground. He’s one of those players who doesn’t settle in one area,” Beveridge said in mid-April.

“The team needs have come before Caleb’s to a degree and that’s always hard to process and deal with. He, as you would expect, such a great character and with his integrity, he’ll always put things in accord with what’s best for the team.

“If he plays state league (VFL), maybe there is a period of time he spends there, it just depends on who is playing well in different areas at AFL level and when he gets his claws into the competition again. We have no doubt that will happen.”

Daniel is in a similar position to experienced teammates Jack Macrae and Bailey Dale, with all three fighting for their spots in Beveridge’s best side in 2024.

Daniel has recorded 26, 21 and 28 touches in his three VFL games this season.
A bit refreshing, isn't it?

The cesspit that is the AFL media would have us believe that every bloke who gets dropped has sooked it up and wants to leave.

Surprise, surprise, you hacks.

Some players actually play for their clubs, not just themselves. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cesspit that is the AFL media would have us believe that every bloke who gets dropped has sooked it up and wants to leave.

Particularly those hacks who give us the line that 'Player X is gone' when in reality they have NFI.

You’d think no other club ever drops players.

You’d think no other club ever drops players.

I never thought I would get to the 'back in my day' age, but back in the 90s, I don't recall every time a player was dropped speculation that player was disgruntled and would seek a trade. Think it says more about there been far too many AFL media hacks who have to make up s*** to get clicks and stay relevant.

I never thought I would get to the 'back in my day' age, but back in the 90s, I don't recall every time a player was dropped speculation that player was disgruntled and would seek a trade. Think it says more about there been far too many AFL media hacks who have to make up s*** to get clicks and stay relevant.
Exactly.

Do not go gentle into that good night DR. This is still your day. If anyone says otherwise tell them to FRO.

Hang onto it kicking and screaming.

COACH Luke Beveridge is the man to lead the Western Bulldogs, says gun forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

After a pressure-relieving 91-point win over Richmond, Ugle-Hagan also believes the Bulldogs' plethora of key forwards are figuring out how to play together.
Concerted heat has come for the Bulldogs – and especially long-time mentor Beveridge – amid a rollercoaster start to the season.

But Ugle-Hagan was unequivocal in his support for his coach.
"It would be a tough job obviously as a head coach, especially when you're not as consistent as we should be," he said.

"But he's doing really well. I feel like I love him as a coach just the way he goes about it with the culture stuff and the love and care he has for us as players outside of the football game. He's a genuine good bloke.
"He's definitely the man.

"Because I've never had, obviously, another AFL coach before at the high level. At the moment he's my coach and I love the way he coaches me."

Ugle-Hagan indicated it was on the Bulldogs' players to deliver.

"We've just got to find a good consistency at the moment. We need to be a lot better with that," he said.
The Bulldogs' tall forward line clicked into gear against the Tigers with Sam Darcy and Aaron Naughton kicking four goals apiece and Ugle-Hagan adding another.

"I felt like we were not flying for the same ball in that game. We actually really opened up," Ugle-Hagan said.

"We've definitely tweaked a lot of things.
"We've just got to know that we're obviously three good targets down in the forward line. We've got a couple of really good midfielders to get us the ball.

"We've just got to work together. Obviously, we all want the win at the end of the day. It doesn't really matter about the performance, as long as we get that win.

"So we've kind of gone a selfless look at it – it doesn't matter who's kicking the goals."
Former No.1 draft pick Ugle-Hagan is one of the AFL's hottest prospects and recently re-signed until the end of 2026.

"It was a massive decision but I'm glad I got it done," he said.

"I feel a lot lighter. I feel like I can just go out and have fun now and play some football instead of having that stress."
Ugle-Hagan, a Gunditjmara, Ballardong Noongar and Whadjuk Noongar man, was at the MCG to launch this year's Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

"It's definitely the one you pencil in," he said.

"When this one comes around, especially when you're wearing an (Indigenous) jumper to represent your family and other people's stories, it just means a lot."

So both Naughton and JUH are suddenly aware they should try to avoid flying for the same contest all the time.
Putting aside its something that's pretty self evident to u18s, let alone a 24yo and 22yo AFL KPF, the fact that not just the forward coach, nor the senior coach, nor any other assistant even, has failed to reinforce this is a tad... I'll be nice... disappointing.

The forward line functioned well with Bruce there to guide other forwards - plus he was pretty selfless blocking or leading away from Naughton to create separation himself. Lobb at times too seems to have a decent understanding of forward craft.

It's taken until 9 games into 2024 for this to register with these 2. English at times, and Weightman often, also end up in the same contest with Naughton and/or JUH. (English usually takes the mark though.)

These are forwards in the apex competition in the country, repeatedly making blatant errors.

BF posters have banged on about it ad nauseum for several years.

It's good to see the players and coaches have caught on... 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back