Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
We all obviously want to finsh 1-4 to give ourselves the best crack at the flag, but assuming that is out of the question, what would you prefer:

a) play no kids and finish 5-8
b) play a couple of kids and finish 9-12
c) load up on juniors and finish 12-16

Can we get this question asked sometime down the track Not after one game :rolleyes:

Im not judging where we are now, as yes it is only after one game, and anything can happen. But the question is if the Top 4 wasnt an option what would you prefer?

if finals arent on the cards then i'd rather finish 12-16 so we get a top draft pick and hopefully dont waste it this time....

***cough** laurence angwin **cough**

I would prefer we get though to round 11 or 12 and see what player we have available for the rest of the year and make a decision then.

If we are struggling to kick a winning score and have only managed to win 3 or 4 games then I wouldn’t mind playing as many kids as we can and look towards the future.

But after 1 loss, this is not the right time to start asking questions of this magnitude.

However if for some reason by round 16 or 17 we are sitting in the bottom 4, its tank time and we go for Mathew Pavlich.

Agree with Stiffy_18, it's only been one game but I do think it's time to start shifting the dead wood regardless, the players that have been mediocre for a long time and there's no excuse for it. You know who I'm talking about; it's only a select few players but they give us the same headaches every single year.

What I think people are missing here is the question was IF, Im not saying we arent going to make the finals. But I was curious to know what would be the consensus if we couldnt.

What I think people are missing here is the question was IF, Im not saying we arent going to make the finals. But I was curious to know what would be the consensus if we couldnt.

As Stiffy said it's not a relevant question after only one game. However if we play every game as we did game 1 then your question will still be irrelevant as it won't be necessary to ask it.

Ask the same question after round 12 and there'll be some merit in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all obviously want to finsh 1-4 to give ourselves the best crack at the flag, but assuming that is out of the question, what would you prefer:

a) play no kids and finish 5-8
b) play a couple of kids and finish 9-12
c) load up on juniors and finish 12-16

the flaw here is that you assume there is a direct correlation between playing younglings....and lower position on the ladder.

That is not necessarily the case

• We could play no juniors and end up 14th
  • We could play a team of no names and finish Minor Premiers (see 2005 outcome v's expectations)

A club must pick the best possible side to win games regardless of age or experience.......

......only when a club cannot mathematically make the 8 ......should it look at it's list.....determine who will and won't be there next year.....and pick the side for the rest of the year accordingly....

.....but hey..... we have this chat each year after a loss

the flaw here is that you assume there is a direct correlation between playing younglings....and lower position on the ladder.

That is not necessarily the case

• We could play no juniors and end up 14th
  • We could play a team of no names and finish Minor Premiers (see 2005 outcome v's expectations)

A club must pick the best possible side to win games regardless of age or experience.......

......only when a club cannot mathematically make the 8 ......should it look at it's list.....determine who will and won't be there next year.....and pick the side for the rest of the year accordingly....
.....but hey..... we have this chat each year after a loss

Spot On.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back