Scandal What's each clubs biggest scandal over the years?

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt anyone on BF knows the facts.

As a general rule - not necessarily relevant to this scenario - I should point out that it is very, very possible to rape your own girlfriend.

Yep I understand that. But was just wondering if it was someone he knew or a complete random.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched my first VFL game in the early 80's as a young tacker, have seen plenty at the Swans:

Forced relocation to Sydney
Barry Round/Ricky Quade
Dr Geoffery Edelsten, where do I start?
Leanne Edelsten, where do I start?
You could have bought the club for $10 in the late 80s
Warwick Capper leaving for the Bears
Club almost folded in 92
If you thought Carlton where bad in the mid 2000s or Fitzroy in the mid 90s, we won about half a dozen games from 92-94.
Cross dressing Heuskes
Dunkley's court challenge to play 96 grand final
Fliandia biting someones testicle in reserves game
Richard Colless flipping the bird at Eddie on Footy Show
Recruiting Buddy

just to name a few

Carlton's litany of sins are numerous but the curse some Yorta Yorta elders laid on to John Elliot sticks out for me as pretty bad

Without knowing for sure, I have a feeling that the indigenous players gathered at Carlton, now at the club are in a better environment than their equivalents of the day during the Elliot reign. If that's actually the case I sometimes wonder if by some miracle the curse could one day be released by some kind Yorta Yorta elder.

Maybe someone should ask.

Carlton's litany of sins are numerous but the curse some Yorta Yorta elders laid on to John Elliot sticks out for me as pretty bad

Without knowing for sure, I have a feeling that the indigenous players gathered at Carlton, now at the club are in a better environment than their equivalents of the day during the Elliot reign. If that's actually the case I sometimes wonder if by some miracle the curse could one day be released by some kind Yorta Yorta elder.

Maybe someone should ask.

Nah, why mess with a good thing?

Some idiot purged the colliwobbles and those fools won a flag*. Let not make the same.mistake twice

*melbourne, stkilda, richmond, north, and even carlton did the right thing by humanity. The one time i wanted essendon to do good for the world...,...

Post your suggestions below, we'll fill the blanks in and make a combined list

Adelaide: Kurt Tippett
Brisbane: Sackings
Carlton: Salary Cap
Collingwood: Collingwood against Muslims/The Rat Pack
Essendon: doping
Fremantle: Ross Lyon
Geelong:?
Gold Coast: Harley Benell
GWS: Lachie Whitfield
Hawthorn:?
Melbourne: Tanking
North Melbourne: Carey vs Stevens
Port Adelaide: drink driving
Richmond: steroids
St. Kilda: Stephen Milne
Sydney: Buddy Franklin "mental illness"
West Coast: 2006 Premiers/drugs
Western Bulldogs:?
Essendrugs where cap also

Saints sacking Milne before he'd been investigated always sat badly with me. No presumption of innocence; ended the career of a long-time player who in the end was not convicted.

All to spare some headlines? Poor loyalty from the club I reckon.

Saints sacking Milne before he'd been investigated always sat badly with me. No presumption of innocence; ended the career of a long-time player who in the end was not convicted.

All to spare some headlines? Poor loyalty from the club I reckon.
Yeh but he wasn’t fined $15k for getting confused about which room he was sleeping in. A first grade maggot that got off lightly.

Yeh but he wasn’t fined $15k for getting confused about which room he was sleeping in. A first grade maggot that got off lightly.
Yeah, sounds pretty grotty, no question. My point is that the club gave him no support at all, before he plead down or was fined for anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back