When the bar is lowered, Freo go lower

Remove this Banner Ad

I am only mildly surprised by the extent of the result when you look at the following

- Fremantle is in the middle of a rebuidling exercise after delisting 12 players at the end of 2008

- They have suffered a poor run with injuries = only Melbourne and Essendon have suffered similarly

- They lead Carlton by 18 points at 3 quarter time last week - So it not as if their form has been desperately bad.

Look at some other lopsided games this year

- StKilda destroyed Collingwood by about 80 or 90 points.
- Geelong destroyed Essendon by about 70 points.
- Bulldogs destroying HAWthorn by 88 points last week.

And the Daddy of them all.

Geelong destroying Brisbane by 90 points on a very wet day at Skilled Stadium.

I don't recall any of these teams receiving such criticism.

All you holier than thou types - you support your team, through thick and thin.

The fact that we don't jump off, we support and love our club is actually noble.

For all of those mocking us - ask yourself if your club had a decade like ours ...would you jump off?

If the answer is 'No' - then lay off us (mock our team by all means ;)), if the answer is 'Yes' that says a lot about you.

To support, or not support: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?

I choose life.

Freo you suck dog balls but I love you, you cruel, heartless mistress - one day.

Yes, Freo are the champion limbo dancers of the AFL, the Barbados Slims, if you will. We love setting records so much we might just go for a whole new set in Round 18.

Fremantle Football Club-If only History had a Mulligan.

Made me chuckle:D

That quotation is subject to copyright.

the thing is fremantle has torn the whole thing down, built it up, and torn it down again so many times, it makes me wonder what else they can do to be taken seriously as an afl football club?

initially they wanted a 'members only board' or m.o.b. and they got that.

then they had some good years when cameron schwab was in charge of football operations, he made fremantle a club that took things seriously on and off the field, and as a result the opposition took fremantle seriously

now its back to fremantle around 1998-1999 era when they have become a joke - again, most opponents expect just to turn up and get a win. i mean i was very reluctant to tip brisbane last night because i thought the WA HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE would gift fremantle a victory over a team better than them. but i just couldnt do it

what more can they possibly do?

the thing is fremantle has torn the whole thing down, built it up, and torn it down again so many times, it makes me wonder what else they can do to be taken seriously as an afl football club?

initially they wanted a 'members only board' or m.o.b. and they got that.

:confused: The vast majority of their board is appointed by the WAFC. They have two token member elected board members who serve 2 years on the board and one position is up for election every year.

then they had some good years when cameron schwab was in charge of football operations, he made fremantle a club that took things seriously on and off the field, and as a result the opposition took fremantle seriously

now its back to fremantle around 1998-1999 era when they have become a joke - again, most opponents expect just to turn up and get a win. i mean i was very reluctant to tip brisbane last night because i thought the WA HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE would gift fremantle a victory over a team better than them. but i just couldnt do it

what more can they possibly do?

Yeah, I mean, who can win given the WA home ground advantage? West Coast are undefeated at home since 1987.

:confused: The vast majority of their board is appointed by the WAFC. They have two token member elected board members who serve 2 years on the board and one position is up for election every year.

Yeah, I mean, who can win given the WA home ground advantage? West Coast are undefeated at home since 1987.

home ground advantage counts y'know? brisbane dont play subi well

west coast's home ground advantage is substantial, its unlikely they wouldve beaten hawthorn if they played anywhere else y'know?

home ground advantage counts y'know? brisbane dont play subi well

west coast's home ground advantage is substantial, its unlikely they wouldve beaten hawthorn if they played anywhere else y'know?

It's not much of a stretch to think a top 8 side would defeat the bottom of the ladder side with 8 first year players and 8+ of their best 22 missing, regardless of the venue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back