When the bar is lowered, Freo go lower

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 22: Geelong v Fremantle

I think the Geelong we see in Round 22 will be very different to the Geelong we saw tonight.

I officially feel sorry for the Freo fans (not the players, how heartless was that?!): just went on to their board...it is the most depressing place on earth; more depressing than a stroll through Launceston mall!

Just wow. Kudos to those Freo fans who watched that whole match.

They had a very young side out there tonight but geez, their list is in a horrid state. How Murphy still gets a go...

Can someone tell me how many collective games of experience Adelaide vs Freo tonight?

Seriously, what were you expecting? Freo's list was lacking depth coming into 2009. They could hardly afford to be without the majority of their best players (Pav, Sandi, Hayden, Johnson, etc.) at any point.

one goal from a team with 22 AFL listed players.....i would expect more than that tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way Murphy will be dropped. He was our leading goalscorer out there tonight. :p

Gotta laugh at that. At least we scored a goal. :eek:

"fighting on the internet is like the special olympics - even if you win, you're still *ed"

never, ever has this saying been more appropriate than in this thread...

hawthorn fans bagging another team for terrible performances? fremantle fans defending their team on the basis that another team are worse? adelaide fans piping up and suggesting that the awesomeness of their team is the actual reason for tonights result?

OH my GOD, this thread hurts to read!

at least there was one semblance of sence from red+black... yes, hawthorn were so, so, soooo bad last week and there can be no defending that performance. but they won a premiership. some suggest it makes their performance last week seem worse - i don't, they won it all last year, they can do what they want!

fremantle on the other half are a rabble. they've won nothing. and the most disappointing thing about it is that this might be the worst loss in their history - yet they will continue to do nothing about it. their coach and their fans will continue to go on about a rebuilding list, not realising that the argument is and always was a moot point when mark harvey is taking mark johnson to freo with him.

i want to see freo do well. i doesn't help the competition to have a basket case club like this. it doesn't help the AFL, the fans, the club (or my club, for that matter) that they're a rabble who continue to hide this fact because they get up for 2 games a year and beat west coast.

until they recognise and admit that the entire establishment is a failure in need of an overhaul, they will go nowhere.

i realise it's unrealistic and won't happen - i'd bury the club and start again. bury the colours, the name, the song, the staff - and start again as a FOOTBALL team... rather than a marketers wet dream.

oh, and yes, adelaide were amazing tonight. but when a team scores one goal in match, it must surely be due to their ineptness moreso than their opponent.

1953..Round 4...I was a kid..rode my bike to Footscray..the Roys kicked one goal..wings were underwater.. I ate my first cabbage roll (later called chiko rolls)..threw it up! Loved the ride home to Nth Fitzroy in the rain..To Freo supporters..who I love cos they gave the Roys the farewell the VFL/AFL whatever it was then would not! Stick in!! At least , you have a chance to come good!!

Don't get me wrong, hawthorn were abysmal last week scoring 4 points to half time.

But tonight Freo have shown that when the bottom of the barrel gets scraped, they are the sludge underneath the barrel.

1 point to half time, 68 points down.

What a club, what a coach, what a president, and what a fan group. i hope the fans come out and defend the coach, process and players after this game.

I really liked that comment. Im going to sound like an a-hole for saying this, but that really sums Fremantle up.

Obviously they will get out of this 14 year rut, but right now: that metaphor paints an accurate picture.

Good luck Freo! Prove us all wrong please.

PS, when you do get good, at least you guys can be: "I was there when we were s**t".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back