Where are Richmond at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardwick comes out and says he's given up on finals (again) team not good enough (again) rebuild (again). I can't believe he's still there.

Even allowing for the possibility that he's been given dud cattle, surely the coach has to be able to manufacture a consistent output at the minimum?
Wasn't this the best list he'd ever had a few months back?

Remember when they drafted the hard nosed genuine midfielder instead of the soft flashy half back flanker?

Thanks Richmond
How is Heppell doing by the way? I havent seen him in a while wheres he been?

Disagree, reckon a few coaches would fancy their chances to make him more productive.
I know what you mean but I don't think he is redeemable. If some coach could do it then it reflects poorly on Hardwick. If some coach could do it I'd rather that coach be a new coach at Richmond.

I know what you mean but I don't think he is redeemable. If some coach could do it then it reflects poorly on Hardwick. If some coach could do it I'd rather that coach be a new coach at Richmond.

Then nobody would change clubs except the likes of Dangerfield and Franklin.

Tall goalkickers fetch a premium. He could improve his value 50% just by (consistently) putting himself in position A in marking contests. He'd be considerably better than e.g. David "Three Flags" Hale.

Remember when they drafted the hard nosed genuine midfielder instead of the soft flashy half back flanker?

Thanks Richmond
Every club has their hits and misses. Like when you drafted Gumbleton ahead of Selwood. A good strong leader like Joel instead of Jobe might not have seen your team in the situation they are now.

Tall goalkickers fetch a premium. He could improve his value 50% just by (consistently) putting himself in position A in marking contests. He'd be considerably better than e.g. David "Three Flags" Hale.
David Hale played his role perfectly. Ty could learn a lot from him.

"Could"....... Well he's not is he!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt plays as a defender. Tries hard but his execution is diabolical. Time for Castagna to have another run.

Don't think Broad is up to it. Harsh after two games, but he's not a kid. That said, I'd continue to play him so we know where his ceiling is.

Lambert also looking very VFL-ish since getting crunched in R6.

Conca has to be shaky. Has rarely had a clear run at it but must do a lot better than the past two weeks. May have some minor trade value, but it won't be as high as when West Coast came knocking three years ago.

Astbury was pretty good last night but I'm far from convinced he's a long-termer. Numerous injuries have slowed him down and cruelled his potential. Would like to see Elton given a chance to show something, five years is long enough.

McBean? Lennon? Why have these players with natural talent not developed to senior level?

Then there's Andrew Moore...

On the bright side, Menadue and Short have shown a fair bit in the past fortnight, C.Ellis has been a steady improver this year and Rioli's shown glimpses. But it's nowhere near enough of a foundation for the next decade.

You've got what, 8 games to go, time to see what McBean, Lennon, Moore, Townsend, Broad, Short etc etc can do. Hunt, Chaplin, Grigg probably, Maric need to be not played at all. Time to find out what you have and what you need and go from there.

I actually think the defence is ok, with Rance, Astbury and Grimes. If you can find some small around them you can build your defence from there. Vlastuin, Ellis shouldn't be down there, they should be in the midfield rotation.

It seems odd because this is the list he has built himself

Indeed.

I think a sensible club should always give a coach a few years to rebuild the club, but this effort needs to be put out of its misery.

Wasting the careers of Riewoldt and Rance, and arguably some others who'd dominate with some better support.

Some of my friends who support the Tiges seem kind of resigned to it all, which also sucks.

I admire the reflexive effort there mate, but really?

Ah well, enjoy that one while it lasts.

Ironically he'll probably be back the same time Conca is desisted
And after Jobe hands back his ill gotten Brownlow. The great man would be turning in his grave that a grubby cheat won his medal.

You've got what, 8 games to go, time to see what McBean, Lennon, Moore, Townsend, Broad, Short etc etc can do. Hunt, Chaplin, Grigg probably, Maric need to be not played at all. Time to find out what you have and what you need and go from there.

I actually think the defence is ok, with Rance, Astbury and Grimes. If you can find some small around them you can build your defence from there. Vlastuin, Ellis shouldn't be down there, they should be in the midfield rotation.

Grigg has actually been good this year. Seems to be a lightning rod for criticism but has done his best to step up where others have gone missing.

Most Richmond supporters agree re Vlastuin. Has done well on the ball, only to be moved back the next week. Ellis is one who cops a lot of flak these days; played a pretty good match and showed improved hardness at the contest. Bit of a Grigg Mk II.

I asked this 180 odd posts ago. Still no answer

- avoid going long down the line; look to switch long or for a series of short hit-ups
- avoid the corridor unless we're desperate
- force a stoppage at every opportunity
- don't take low-percentage shots at goal - look instead to go to the hotspot and hope Vickery or Griffiths will decide to make a hard contest
- be 'safe' with the ball

- avoid going long down the line; look to switch long or for a series of short hit-ups
- avoid the corridor unless we're desperate
- force a stoppage at every opportunity
- don't take low-percentage shots at goal - look instead to go to the hotspot and hope Vickery or Griffiths will decide to make a hard contest
- be 'safe' with the ball
That sums it up quite decently

Has been awful for about six weeks and needs a jolt. Having been a backer I think we now must trade unless his form improves dramatically. Trade value will be at a peak - still on track for ~35 goals which puts him top-20 for tall forwards.

Actually thought Griffiths was worse, but on the whole he's shown improvement this season and is ~1.5 years younger.
Griffiths has no idea. No grunt, no vision, can't play. Vickery the same and we will be making the same observation in 5 years time. I am angry that there are coaches around who think they can play. They would be lucky to get a kick in the amateurs. But that is not all. There are a whole lot more. If they don't give the others in the VFL a go I won't join again until the coach, recruiting staff and other important people are sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back