Where will the Hawks be at next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

We get carded as soon as we break wind on the Hawks board.

Is that because they are sooks, and sore about finishing 2 games out of the finals in a season that had a team get in with 10 and a half wins???

Or is it because we can handle any dribble that comes from the team that was inspired by cleaning filthy toilets?

We actually have a younger side than Essendon and we have already won a premiership. The bombers have made the finals once and lost by 90-odd points.

I don't really understand why Essendon think that they are up and coming and that we are on the way down. For every good young player that the bombers have, we seem to have a player that is just as young and promising and again, we have already won a premiership. Franklin and Roughead still haven't turned 23 yet and Cyril Rioli is 20. We drafted very heavily over a period of 3 years and allot of those guys haven't really played yet.

So where will we be at? Well, this year has really taught us that you need a fair bit of luck to win a premiership even with a good list. If all goes well, I'm expecting top 4 with a shot at the flag.

If we ever needed confirmation that the Hawks faitful are delusional.

I doubt we ever did, but if you want another laugh at thier expense.

Have a read of this opening post of a new thread on thier board!
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648325

LMAO!

We actually have a younger side than Essendon and we have already won a premiership. The bombers have made the finals once and lost by 90-odd points.

I don't really understand why Essendon think that they are up and coming and that we are on the way down. For every good young player that the bombers have, we seem to have a player that is just as young and promising and again, we have already won a premiership. Franklin and Roughead still haven't turned 23 yet and Cyril Rioli is 20. We drafted very heavily over a period of 3 years and allot of those guys haven't really played yet.

So where will we be at? Well, this year has really taught us that you need a fair bit of luck to win a premiership even with a good list. If all goes well, I'm expecting top 4 with a shot at the flag.

Your midfield isnt young anymore, and once they start to get dominated, then your brittle defence will get smashed.

By the way, Josh Gibson is a hack.

As for Backline, yeah, Croady, a loss. Other than that, we've added Shoey, Gilham is back on the park, and we now have Gibbo as another option on tall forwards. I think it's at least as strong as 2008, if not better.
Who do you - honestly - think is capable of taking the Tippet, Brown, Fev, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Kennedy and Hall in your backline?

Gilham? Unlikely.
Schoenmakers? Not for a few years.
Gibson? Perhaps Fev, Pav or Hall. Anything more than that is extremely unlikely.

Your midfield trashed us? Come on Crusher, did you forget the first half of the game? You only got on top when you took out the guy who was dominating the midfield, making no longer "full strength".

Our Ruck combo, isn't great, isn't terrible. Robbie Campbell wasn't a great ruckman, but learnt how to be serviceable, if Taylor can go 10 minutes without doing something stupid, he can fill the same role.

As for Backline, yeah, Croady, a loss. Other than that, we've added Shoey, Gilham is back on the park, and we now have Gibbo as another option on tall forwards. I think it's at least as strong as 2008, if not better.

FWIW, Rucks, you've got us covered, Backs, yeah, got us covered. But, Forwards, we have you covered easily, and midfield, well, barely a contest. Look forward to next year boys.

By the way, I am becoming amazed with TeamHurley's obsession with the Hawks. First I noticed his attack on Robbie Campbell, which I found amazing, and now this tripe.

In contrast to the HFC's respect and tributes paid to lloyd when he retired.
More spectacular double standards from the hawks.

For the record I got no problem with Campbell. It was done soley to highlight your efforts against lloyd in the preceding weeks. What I said about Campbell was nothing compared to what you bunch of flogs peddled against lloyd.

Who do you - honestly - think is capable of taking the Tippet, Brown, Fev, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Kennedy and Hall in your backline?

Gilham? Unlikely.
Schoenmakers? Not for a few years.
Gibson? Perhaps Fev, Pav or Hall. Anything more than that is extremely unlikely.

Pavlich, honestly, not a concern, he plays for Freo, the poor bloke. If Gibbo is given the same license to scrag and grab at all the players above that he had against Buddy, then he's always a chance.

How is it all that different to 2008? The key, effect the delivery. Yeah, the "rolling zone" or "cluster" failed this year, but at the end of the day, its about midfield pressure and effecting the ball coming in. Good ball from the midfield can make anybody a good forward. Mark Williams kicked 8 against a Geelong backline which boasted Scarlett, Milburn and co. Why was Buddy's output down 40 goals on last year? Because our delivery to the forward line was woeful.
Those guys in the backline are there to effect a contest and win the occasional one. Will they win most? probably not, but thats not where we will win or lose a game.

Honestly, if Fev, Brown, Riewoldt or Tippett decide to turn it on, not much most backmen can do to stop them. Its upto our midfield to put the pressure on.

In contrast to the HFC's respect and tributes paid to lloyd when he retired.
More spectacular double standards from the hawks.

For the record I got no problem with Campbell. It was done soley to highlight your efforts against lloyd in the preceding weeks. What I said about Campbell was nothing compared to what you bunch of flogs peddled against lloyd.
Sorry, is being a flog in retaliation any better?
If you do believe the supporters who had a go at Lloyd were flogs, why emulate them? There were also many Hawthorn supporters who wished him all the best, but if you decide to be like the others, well good luck chief.

You acknowledge this.

So where will we be at? Well, this year has really taught us that you need a fair bit of luck to win a premiership even with a good list.

Then claim this in the next sentence..

If all goes well, I'm expecting top 4 with a shot at the flag.

After your performance this year, I wouldn't be expecting much at all. You're really setting yourself up for disappointment.. unless you're figuring on quite a bit of luck next year.

Sorry, is being a flog in retaliation any better?
If you do believe the supporters who had a go at Lloyd were flogs, why emulate them? There were also many Hawthorn supporters who wished him all the best, but if you decide to be like the others, well good luck chief.

Its a vicious cycle..

Your midfield trashed us? Come on Crusher, did you forget the first half of the game? You only got on top when you took out the guy who was dominating the midfield, making no longer "full strength".
Not to mention that Mitchell was playing off the half back line with a dud shoulder for the last 1/4 of the season. Of course we were full strength. ;)

Not to mention that Mitchell was playing off the half back line with a dud shoulder for the last 1/4 of the season. Of course we were full strength. ;)
As compared to Essendon who were on their last legs for the season, ran their race, got done by 9 goals against Freo the week before and 16 goals by Adelaide the week after. I could not imagine you guys having an easier opponent.

Maybe we should look at round 7 instead?

As compared to Essendon who were on their last legs for the season, ran their race, got done by 9 goals against Freo the week before and 16 goals by Adelaide the week after. I could not imagine you guys having an easier opponent.

Maybe we should look at round 7 instead?
You think you were on your last legs?? Our season was spluttering to a halt for weeks. But seemingly no one wanted 8th spot, which was almost comical. All I wanted was someone to knock us out of the finals so the conjecture of us making would stop. We would've beendone nothing come finals time with the blokes we had out or who were needing a break.
I thought we made a real effort in round 22 to be honest.

Round 7 was a different kettle of fish, we were shite, and that was when it became clear that something was up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think you were on your last legs??
Yes.
We both were.

Essendon sucked it up, dug deep and won. Hawthorn embarrassed themselves both on and off field. While you may have wanted to be put of your misery for season 2009 your midget coach and idiot President certainly wanted to win.

Total domination by us I'm afraid.

Yes.
We both were.

Essendon sucked it up, dug deep and won. Hawthorn embarrassed themselves both on and off field. While you may have wanted to be put of your misery for season 2009 your midget coach and idiot President certainly wanted to win.

Total domination by us I'm afraid.
I give you an honest and mature response and get that in return?

Enjoy your thread.:thumbsu:

Wow, I came here seriously interested in what other opposition supporters thought of where we were at, this time from an Essendon supporters view. Yet straight away it degenerates into slagging us supporters based on a minority of idiots, in the same manner we've been accused of behaving. :confused:

Really makes me laugh watching them tear their hair out over us. Even funnier because they pay so much attention to our club yet we pay no attention to theirs.

Thread title: Where will the Hawks be at next year?
Started by: Essendon supporter

Now THAT'S irony.

Good luck next year. :thumbsu: And I seriously mean that. Not being in/from Melbourne I don't have the same hatred for other Vic teams. That and I know a few Bombers fans up here and there ok. :thumbsu:

Wow, I came here seriously interested in what other opposition supporters thought of where we were at, this time from an Essendon supporters view. Yet straight away it degenerates into slagging us supporters based on a minority of idiots, in the same manner we've been accused of behaving. :confused:

Thread title: Where will the Hawks be at next year?
Started by: Essendon supporter

Now THAT'S irony.

Good luck next year. :thumbsu: And I seriously mean that. Not being in/from Melbourne I don't have the same hatred for other Vic teams. That and I know a few Bombers fans up here and there ok. :thumbsu:

I started this thread to get my fellow bombers opinions on where the hawks were at and also to have a laugh at some of the comments going around on the hawks board.

Of course it didnt take long for hawks supporters to get in here and give their optimisitc views on 2010 and the bickering to begin.

If you look on the hawks board the EFC and its players are mentioned in every second thread and the nature of the comments is amusing.

You have picked out one thread and tried to point it out as ironic when in reality the majority of the bitterness seems to come from the hawks.

There is a rivalry between us. But most EFC supporters dont consider it on par with the rivalry with the other big four teams in Carlton and Collingwood whereas it seems to be consuming the hawthorn board.

Alot of hawks supporters have a grudge since the round 22 match where we knocked you out of the finals, lloyd knocked out sewell and C.Brown cried. Understandable. Hawks fans that have acted gracefully over the past two months are few and far between.

Alot of hawks supporters have a grudge since the round 22 match where we knocked you out of the finals, lloyd knocked out sewell and C.Brown cried. Understandable. Hawks fans that have acted gracefully over the past two months are few and far between.
On here anyway. Mind you, the vast majority of Hawks fans on here are muppets to start with, rarely have a problem with them IRL.
Same with the Hawks in general - if C Brown and Kennett shut up, they'd be fine. I've never really had a problem with their actions, it's the stupid needless sniping comments that get me.

This is IMHO the defining post-season for the Hawks. Find a ruck & a couple of defenders and they can be right back in it. If they can't, they won't challenge.

If the key players play like this season the hawkes will be down there with melb and Melb may be up higher on the lader wanklin is NOT!!!! a team player anymore sadley.

This is IMHO the defining post-season for the Hawks. Find a ruck & a couple of defenders and they can be right back in it. If they can't, they won't challenge.

As the paper stated today hawks are "wild cards" next year. I agree with Slats here. If they sure up their rucks and backs or unearth some talent there they will be right back up there. I hope we can keep the wood on them tho as we play them twice and i would imagine there would be a few proud hawks supporters making remarks about we are no good without a sniper taking someone out... along those lines. But rivalries are good outside of bigfooty and i enjoy the passion both teams have showed in recent history.

Btw i thought dowler looked okay against us wonder whats going to happen with him roughie and buddy. couldnt move roughie to chb be a waist but might be better for structure however i dont know there list well enough to comment i guess.

It is a widely accepted fact on the main board that the current batch of Hawks posters are a disgrace to this site and the biggest bunch of collective flogs in the history of the site.

If anyone disagrees with this i'm happy for them to post a poll on the main board.

Not sure why this thread is needed.

We all already know what a bunch of tossers they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back