Which features do you find useful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
I really like the ability to link to a football related website in my signature.... oh hang on. :rolleyes:

I really like the ability to link to a humour related website in my signature.... oh hang on... cant do that on ***** :rolleyes:

Originally posted by cnk
I really like the ability to link to a humour related website in my signature.... oh hang on... cant do that on ***** :rolleyes:

You'd have to find one first anyway.:D

The dots are handy, avatars are cosmetic, birthdays aren't that important and who's online doesn't work anyway - too many people are on invisible which defeats the purpose. If I had to choose one, it would be the dots then daylight.

I think avatars add a bit of colour to the site and make it more personalised as opposed to just a whole stack of words.

I don't usually use any of the other features much.... the dots I didn't even know existed until a few days ago.

Originally posted by ScouseCat
I think avatars add a bit of colour to the site and make it more personalised as opposed to just a whole stack of words.
Agreed.

I vote for Avatars and Mr. Dots.

Avatars first should remain, the users online works if invisibility is taken away (which it should be, what's the point of it?). So I'd like to keep that if the above happens.

Stuff the dots, you should be able to remember what topics you've posted in.

Birthday's are good to see for some niceness but that could encourage Peanut enterances, eg. when mantis found out it was Stealth Bomber's b'day so she not only wished him well in suggestions, but started a thread in general.

Nothing against SB either by the way.

I would ask why anyone would want any of the four removed. They are harmless and a lot of people like them all.

Also, this is the first poll I've seen that you can tick more than one box. How many didn't realise that?

It is not that we WANT any of them removed.

The fact is they take up resources on the server.

This leads to more "The server is busy." messages.

Which nobody likes.

If we had better income we'd be able to get our own server. Everyone joined ebay through the banner on the front page yet? Made your donation yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Bluey
It is not that we WANT any of them removed.

The fact is they take up resources on the server.

This leads to more "The server is busy." messages.

Which nobody likes.

If we had better income we'd be able to get our own server. Everyone joined ebay through the banner on the front page yet? Made your donation yet?

I can't work out how to do the eBay thing ... there was no link I could see that was relevant.

Originally posted by Mobbenfuhrer
I can't work out how to do the eBay thing ... there was no link I could see that was relevant.

The banner on the top of the front page.

The link "Donate 16 Hours - Join Ebay" in the BigFooty Recommends box.

I really like the dots. I forget what I do from hour to hour.

Another suggestion. Is there a way where you can be seen online ie by the little box in the left corner of a post, but your name doesn't go up in 'lights' up top? That is to say you can be found but only by those who really are interested.

Everything else can go I s'pose. :(

Originally posted by Katthawk
I really like the dots. I forget what I do from hour to hour.

Another suggestion. Is there a way where you can be seen online ie by the little box in the left corner of a post, but your name doesn't go up in 'lights' up top? That is to say you can be found but only by those who really are interested.

Everything else can go I s'pose. :(

"but your name doesn't go up in 'lights' up top?"

How do you mean?

Bluey,

I think that it was great to have all the mods and admins names in bold and italics in the users online function. It did look good.

Originally posted by suzi_olsen
Bluey,

I think that it was great to have all the mods and admins names in bold and italics in the users online function. It did look good.
It's pointless. It might make the moderators feel special, but it's a pointless contraption.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back