Which players did you once detest but now respect since they’ve retired?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavy B

?????
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, New York Knicks
Which players did you once detest but now respect since they’ve retired?

For me:

Matty Lloyd- Great full forward but couldn’t stand his constant staging/diving. Plus just for being a captain of *
Really like his media input. Not afraid to call it as he sees it. Doesn’t sit on the fence or back away from his opinions, even if they’re unpopular. Also happy to call out * on their steady stream of bullshit

Nathan Buckley- Spent most of his career as a Qtr back getting cheap possessions in a s**t truck side.
Love his honesty as a coach. Not sure he’s a that good a coach but owns his deficiencies and plays the media game well. Really admired the way he handled himself during the whole transition period when Malthouse was being moved on.

Nick Maxwell - Thought he was a thug when he played footy. Met him at a mcgrath foundation high tea in october 2009 where i was volunteering and found him to be the nicest guy ever.

Kevin Sheedy - always hated kevin until i met him at the same function. He treats everyone like he is their grandpa.
Mark Harvey - didn’t like him when he played. Met him at the same function and he was sitting next to sheeds. Mark was a little shy, but was lovely.

Nick Maxwell - Thought he was a thug when he played footy. Met him at a mcgrath foundation high tea in october 2009 where i was volunteering and found him to be the nicest guy ever.

Kevin Sheedy - always hated kevin until i met him at the same function. He treats everyone like he is their grandpa.
Mark Harvey - didn’t like him when he played. Met him at the same function and he was sitting next to sheeds. Mark was a little shy, but was lovely.
WTF did they put in the tea at that function?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much any player that was good and played for another club, actually probably not.

Cam Mooney used to piss me off, think he is pretty decent these days.
Good Call on Lloyd.
Matthews

On the Flip side, loved Carey when he played, he irritates me now though.

What the **** is a Qtr back?!
Plays behind the center and delivers to the ball to guys who can run through the middle or guys out wide who can receive a long pass.

Also the guy that pulls the chicks.

Or maybe the guy that spends one quarter of the game in each of the backs, midfield, forwards and bench. And Quarter Back sounds a lot better than Quarter Bench.

Brendan Fevola. Used to think he was an absolute flog playing (especially for Brisbane) but in retirement seems like a reasonable funny guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back