Play Nice Who finishes highest out of Melbourne, Carlton and Gold Coast in 2020?

Who finishes highest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What will the Demons front 6(8) look like? Really struggled to score last year without Hogan.
McDonald, Melksham and one of Weidemann or Brown as leading targets.
Smaller or mid-sized types from Neal-Bulleen, Petracca, Spargo, Pickett and Jayden Hunt.
Petracca obviously play about 40% midfield time you would think. I'd have Fritsch towards half forward too if I was them.
Vandenbeerg if he ever not injured sort of decent high half forward too. They got options but crumbing quick forward is the one they need straight away. Whether Pickett is answer as teenager is big ask. Lockhart played a bit small forward last year but seems the little bit of yesterday game I saw he was much further up ground towards wing area. Weidemann and Petracca are the two that need to take hold on forward line if Dees are to become a power team up forward like they were when they made finals. Both about 24 now. L and P plates should be well and truly off for 2020 for those two.

Last edited:
McDonald, Melksham and one of Weidemann or Brown as leading targets.
Smaller or mid-sized types from Neal-Bulleen, Petracca, Spargo, Pickett and Jayden Hunt.
Petracca obviously play about 40% midfield time you would think. I'd have Fritsch towards half forward too if I was them.
Vandenbeerg if he ever not injured sort of decent high half forward too. They got options but crumbing quick forward is the one they need straight away. Whether Pickett is answer as teenager is big ask. Lockhart played a bit small forward last year but seems the little bit of yesterday game I saw he was much further up ground towards wing area. Weidemann and Petracca are the two that need to take hold on forward line if Dees are to become a power team up forward like they were when they made finals. Both about 24 now. L and P should be well and truly off for 2020 for those two.

Petracca will play 70-80% midfield like he did . Our forwardline is pretty average but we can get by without Trac down there, Melksham and Fritsch are better medium options anyway.

Lockhart played back yesterday like he does in the VFL and honestly looked alright, we struggle at defending ground balls in D50 so he could help there.

So much for us depends on Tom McDonald not playing like a 50 yr old. If he fires it’ll make it significantly easier for the rest of the forwards.

Petracca will play 70-80% midfield like he did . Our forwardline is pretty average but we can get by without Trac down there, Melksham and Fritsch are better medium options anyway.

Lockhart played back yesterday like he does in the VFL and honestly looked alright, we struggle at defending ground balls in D50 so he could help there.

So much for us depends on Tom McDonald not playing like a 50 yr old. If he fires it’ll make it significantly easier for the rest of the forwards.
Just my opinion but McDonald is a far better 2nd option than #1.
His best year was when Hogan was playing well. How Weiderman goes this year will be huge for the dees

Just my opinion but McDonald is a far better 2nd option than #1.
His best year was when Hogan was playing well. How Weiderman goes this year will be huge for the dees
It’s funny, he was obviously full of confidence that year but he played well I remember when hogan was injured for the last part of the season.

If Petracca can consistently perform at the level he did in that match he will be a top5 player in the comp. He will probably start getting tagged and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

A big factor for the Dees will be confidence. They need to start the season well.

At this stage though in answer to the OP, Dees comfortably.

If Petracca can consistently perform at the level he did in that match he will be a top5 player in the comp. He will probably start getting tagged and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

A big factor for the Dees will be confidence. They need to start the season well.

Desperately need to start the season well. Win at least one of eagles/gws then need to beat Freo at mcg and saints at marvel. Saints vs melb will be a very interesting game unless one team has already shat the bed by then.

How many players in the comp can break a tag these days? You can't out run a good tagger, your team mates can't belt them and they get away with a lot at stoppages.

If Petracca draws a tag I think he'll struggle in the midfield but the call should come out pretty quickly to send him forward.

Some promising signs from Melbourne yesterday but factoring the wind Adelaide were probably ahead for 3/4's - at worst case even. Hold your horses on the Dees. Still way too open defensively at times and butchering scoring chances.

Gold Coast were very solid last night but they've started seasons looking like fringe finals contenders for the first month before not winning for the rest of the year. They'll be better, but not sure by how much just yet.

Some promising signs from Melbourne yesterday but factoring the wind Adelaide were probably ahead for 3/4's - at worst case even. Hold your horses on the Dees. Still way too open defensively at times and butchering scoring chances.

Gold Coast were very solid last night but they've started seasons looking like fringe finals contenders for the first month before not winning for the rest of the year. They'll be better, but not sure by how much just yet.

It was game one of the pre-season, making judgments about anything is ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a given Gold Coast finish top of the ladder now so they'll definitely finish above those two bottom feeders.

How many players in the comp can break a tag these days? You can't out run a good tagger, your team mates can't belt them and they get away with a lot at stoppages.

If Petracca draws a tag I think he'll struggle in the midfield but the call should come out pretty quickly to send him forward.
Cripps

It’s just pre-season game, but 38 touches indicates a big boost in Petracca’s endurance base.

I’m very keen to see how this translates to the H&A season.

Clarke and De Boer both got him last season.
Clarke got ******* nothing. Cripps said himself he nearly called it quits. The Bolton s**t got the better of him. So a first season muppet beats The best mid in the game then he annihilates the entire Brisbane midfield with 40d and 4g with the best half of footy anyone has seen this century. Please put the crayons down.

Clarke got ******* nothing. Cripps said himself he nearly called it quits. The Bolton s**t got the better of him. So a first season muppet beats The best mid in the game then he annihilates the entire Brisbane midfield with 40d and 4g with the best half of footy anyone has seen this century. Please put the crayons down.

Sorry, didn’t realise Cripps didn’t try that day.

Setterfield will play as a permanent mid this season, which will be huge for Cripps. He’s really bulked up and increased his running tenfold. No more sitting on a flank to just get some sort of game time into him; he looks primed.

AFL should do the right thing by the planet and cancel the season now.

Why waste all the resources (think about all the flights, jet fuel, flood lights etc etc etc) for a result we already know.

Save some greenhouse gases and just give the Mighty Suns the Cup now rather than wait 8 months.

Underrated post :thumbsu::fire:

Back