Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Since the big rumour of David Noble heading to Brisbane, either as coach or head of footy seems to keep on keeping on, if that situation does eventuate, just who could we look at to replace him?

I'd guess a lot of what we've done as a club would start with him, so do they just hire someone within to keep on his path (Justin Reid? But he's based in Melbourne and didn't want to move last time), or hire someone new with new ideas?

Neil Balme seems to be losing out to Gubby Allen at the Pies, could he be a potential replacement if he loses power over there?

If true, then good luck to him and I wish him all the best.

Maybe he could take campo and Clark with him?

In think for head of football department you need someone who is intelligent, understands football, business minded and street smart.

They need to be outcome focused, able to innovate and be willing be make the hard calls.

Roo could be a good candidate, but not sure he willing to be so hands on.

Whoever's running the Hawks footy department should be our target.

In think for head of football department you need someone who is intelligent, understands football, business minded and street smart.

They need to be outcome focused, able to innovate and be willing be make the hard calls.

Fagan

Chris Fagan at the Hawks has Nobles job as the head of the football department, and he's supposedly a popular pick for coach. It does seem odd that two big names to come out for the coaching gig are current administrators. Must be something specific they're looking for?

Gary Buckenara is still around, he's the head of footy at North Ballarat, could he be an option?

Chris Fagan at the Hawks has Nobles job as the head of the football department, and he's supposedly a popular pick for coach. It does seem odd that two big names to come out for the coaching gig are current administrators. Must be something specific they're looking for?

Gary Buckenara is still around, he's the head of footy at North Ballarat, could he be an option?

I suspect it's because they don't have the money to hire a top quality head of the football department AND head coach. So they'll hire a token person as football manager but in reality the head coach will be acting in both roles with the footy manager as his lackey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect it's because they don't have the money to hire a top quality head of the football department AND head coach. So they'll hire a token person as football manager but in reality the head coach will be acting in both roles with the footy manager as his lackey.
It's a big risk though. I know both have (or supposedly have) coaching aspirations, but it seems a bit like you're half assing both roles. I can't say one way or another if they're good coaches, but neither have done any in awhile.

Would be a tough job replacing him, would need someone who ticks all these box's;

- Can be Interviewed on Radio/TV to take credit for other people's work

- Say they're disappointed with a decision at least 2-5 days after the decision was made

- Has an abnormal attachment to Top 30 draft picks

- Doesn't discuss Individuals

- Can smugly and calmly dismiss any rumour with these 5 simple words, "First. I've. Heard. Of. It"

- Make up roles for under performing players (Non-Statistical)

- Wears tight metrosexual shirts from 2007

- Can hold a GoPro at quarter breaks

Last edited:
Only problem is I think Balme is still under contract at the Pies for two more years.
Gubby Allen has moved in and he has been demoted. Pretty sure that contract will be like Alan Richardsons. '' If a better work offer comes along etc etc''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back