Who should coach Freo in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh aftrr this year we wont resign, but i dont think ross cares anymore and next year will be a total waste if he is coach.
With the new stadium there is no point whatsoever in being a Freo member, especially for people who's other commitments mean they inevitably miss a game or 2 per season. Its miles cheaper to just go online and grab any old $20-$25 ticket on the morning of a game if you happen to feel like going, heck you can buy one on the bus in if you want. Then when in the ground just take your pick of 30,000 nominally $50, empty seats.
I recall in 2018 a work colleague went to a WC game and it cost him $95 for an average seat. At work I commented I only pay $20 to watch Freo. He said ÿeah but if ya wanna watch a real team play, you've gotta pay more. It would have been a cutting remark if Essendon hadn't flogged WC in that particular game.

How would Pyke go as coach, don't think he will last much longer at the Crows if they continue as they are going. I'm not necessarily a fan but at least they might do a clean out and give him 2-3 quality assistants and he might listen to them..Ross's biggest failing is he thinks his way is the only way and then surrounds himself with yes men.
I rate Pyke but he doesn't seem very good at developing talent
Yeah I’m fan of pyke and would be more than happy yo have him as coach

Adelaide are absolutely cooked.

Going through it something like
Pyke -headcoach, glass -backs , Carr- mids and Teague fwds would be a dream scenario

Just for the extra WA and Freo touch, I d go JLo instead of Teague.
Yeah I thought about that exact change and while I’d have no probs /also like the idea of longmuir in his place I’d really like to reunite the pyke /Teague combo that saw Adelaide a scoring machine in 2017

That said most those are realistic (think Adelaide be happy for pyke to walk ) except for Teague (even if he doesn’t get the Carlton job) and longmuir still has a year to run at Collingwood

With the new stadium there is no point whatsoever in being a Freo member, especially for people who's other commitments mean they inevitably miss a game or 2 per season. Its miles cheaper to just go online and grab any old $20-$25 ticket on the morning of a game if you happen to feel like going, heck you can buy one on the bus in if you want. Then when in the ground just take your pick of 30,000 nominally $50, empty seats.
I recall in 2018 a work colleague went to a WC game and it cost him $95 for an average seat. At work I commented I only pay $20 to watch Freo. He said ÿeah but if ya wanna watch a real team play, you've gotta pay more. It would have been a cutting remark if Essendon hadn't flogged WC in that particular game.
Totally, im not saying I wouldnt go to any matches but with the new stadium its easy to get tickets.

Will we hear though?
I think we should hear if we have resigned the assistants or not and I'd hope we're told which ones.

However this is where it's become tricky for assistants to move clubs as no one would say now I'll be leaving and going to XXX next year now.

The way Ratten moved last year was to inform the club he didn't want his contract renewed and then at he end of season it was announced he was going to St Kilda.

I'm not sure so can someone confirm, but think assistants can be contracted with a club or re-sign and then they can resign at the end of year to go to a another club. The club has to have vacancies or room in the soft salary cap.

Yeah I’m fan of pyke and would be more than happy yo have him as coach

Adelaide are absolutely cooked.

Going through it something like
Pyke -headcoach, glass -backs , Carr- mids and Teague fwds would be a dream scenario
I think Teague has done his apprenticeship and would like to see him head coach with Pike assistant.

I don't understand how people could think J Lo is the right man for the job. Have they heard the man talk? He can barely string a sentence together.

Intelligence and communicarion are crucial qualities for a coach to have, and he dead set has as much as Forest Gump.

That's a hard nope from me, dawg.

As long as the medical and recruiting stays as it is it wouldn't matter who coaches .
There is a reason why all our coaches eventually get burned. We are a coach killing club.
The administration is s**t.
I do agree that our Medical and S&C departments need a clean out. Weber needs the chop immediately. We have had an injury crisis that is coming up to it's 10th straight season. How he survived the last cleanout several seasons back is beyond me.

I don't understand how people could think J Lo is the right man for the job. Have they heard the man talk? He can barely string a sentence together.

Intelligence and communicarion are crucial qualities for a coach to have, and he dead set has as much as Forest Gump.

That's a hard nope from me, dawg.
I must admit I share your concerns regarding Jlo, even though he is a good West Perth boy👌I think he is footy smart but I don’t have confidence in him articulating himself and the club, especially when freo inevitably come under scrutiny - same with Suma for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I share your concerns regarding Jlo, even though he is a good West Perth boyI think he is footy smart but I don’t have confidence in him articulating himself and the club, especially when freo inevitably come under scrutiny - same with Suma for that matter.
Yeah, good ol' Sumich from Spearwood hey

Admittedly, I don't have same reservations that many other people on here have though. He has a track record of success at every level, be it U18's, WAFL or AFL level with WC during the 90's and us during our most successful period. I don't think it's by accident.

The Sumich hate on here is strange.

I must admit I share your concerns regarding Jlo, even though he is a good West Perth boy👌I think he is footy smart but I don’t have confidence in him articulating himself and the club, especially when freo inevitably come under scrutiny - same with Suma for that matter.
Always wondered if that was one of the reasons why Sumich never landed a senior coaching job when he was going for them years ago. He'd get to the interview and then sound pretty unimpressive

It will be refreshing to have a new voice fronting the club, getting very sick of the current jargon.
On coaches I’d love to see; John Worsfold in a manager type role with Jlo calling the shots. Woosha has shown he can adapt to the times with a defensive style taking it up to Roos & the Swans in 05, 06, but has often coached an attacking style, in particular with the current Bombers. I must admit, I enjoy watching the Bombers play.
He’s also very consistent with the media.
That all roundness as a coach is something RTB has never been able grasp.
Edit; Wouldn’t mind seeing Suma come back in charged with development.

Yeah, good ol' Sumich from Spearwood hey

Admittedly, I don't have same reservations that many other people on here have though. He has a track record of success at every level, be it U18's, WAFL or AFL level with WC during the 90's and us during our most successful period. I don't think it's by accident.

The Sumich hate on here is strange.
Why has he been unable to get any AFL head coaching gig for the last 10 plus years he has tried to then?

Sumich is best suited as an assistant. Would have him back to support a new head coach at Freo. Obviously he hates Lyon so he is biding his time.

Sumich is best suited as an assistant. Would have him back to support a new head coach at Freo. Obviously he hates Lyon so he is biding his time.
Fresh start, clean slate is needed, and we need guys involved at AFL level, modern style of play.
Next Freo coach will want to run his own race, be involved in the process.

Suma is returning as an assistant. He told me earlier this year he would never return to Freo as long as Rosich & Ross we’re there. Hearing Longmuir is a 🔒

Suma is returning as an assistant. He told me earlier this year he would never return to Freo as long as Rosich & Ross we’re there. Hearing Longmuir is a 🔒

Why would the club go with an assistant coach that has been out of the big dance for years, overlooked by every club for years incl the Eagles. That makes no sense .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back