Rumour Shuey to join Freo’s coaching team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Along with Henry to walk to the Eagles and also Darcy to replace Draper as the Bombers No 1 ruck.

barf GIF

David Mundy would be a Norm Smith medalist Premiership player if his forwards kicked straight too, but just being a player doesn't qualify someone to be a coach.

Dave comes across like a dad, JL does too, so I'm not sure having two dads will lead to as much benefit as having a dad and a wilder older brother.

Who says we can?

I am all for it. The more successful winner we can have at the club the better.

Yeah, we need to get over this pride/chip on our shoulder as a fan base (it was endearing once) now it's old news. We've done our time. If they're qualified and know/have had success, I would much rather get them in rather than someone who has achieved SFA just because they're a good guy or from a good club

Nice guys finish last. We need to be ruthless. Not saying Shuey is the answer, but getting assistant coaches or even some perspective from teams who have had success is a far better option than continually looking into our own unsuccessful, stagnant backyard for the next leader to lead us to potential glory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need to get over this pride/chip on our shoulder as a fan base
Disagree. Outside of impact on memberships and ticket and merchandise sales, what we as a fan base feel or think has very little impact on club operations. The fan base is precisely the place for being proud and carrying a chip on one's shoulder.

If club management start making their decisions around coaches, etc., like a fan base, that's a problem.

In short: Eagles suck and I don't want a single one of them anywhere near my club.

Disagree. Outside of impact on memberships and ticket and merchandise sales, what we as a fan base feel or think has very little impact on club operations. The fan base is precisely the place for being proud and carrying a chip on one's shoulder.

If club management start making their decisions around coaches, etc., like a fan base, that's a problem.

In short: Eagles suck and I don't want a single one of them anywhere near my club.
We already have Jaymie Graham. So * him off too?

We aren't going to get over it without winning a flag though. And going for old freo boys who have never tasted success isn't going to get us there any quicker. Meanwhile the mob up the road have got four - two in our time - and a few more GF appearances along the way (not to mention however many years of playing finals).

Yes, there are other successful clubs in Victoria, however, in terms of navigating WA footy, knowing what it takes to be successful while being in WA is what we need to buy in to. Yes, we'd have to swallow a bit of pride to admit that, but **** me that attitude is holding us back as a club.

We can bang on about hating them all we want as a fan-base (and I encourage us all to do so - it's a part of a healthy rivalry) however, behind closed doors I'm sure the club will admit they need some of that successful - and relevant - DNA to add t our makeup as a club.

Look, if they're barely remembered as WC players, and they're willing to undergo industrial-level cleaning, and they more or less stop being ex-WC and start being Freo, then I'm able to ignore (forgive) their past. Don't think that could happen with a Shuey.

Look, if they're barely remembered as WC players, and they're willing to undergo industrial-level cleaning, and they more or less stop being ex-WC and start being Freo, then I'm able to ignore (forgive) their past. Don't think that could happen with a Shuey.
Sounds a bit flakey. You either have a rule or you don’t.

Get the best man for the job, if Shuey is that guy so be it, excluding players based off of who they played for or coached for is ridiculous. should we get rid of Longmuir and Graham while we're at it? They both coached at West Coast.

Why do people have a problem with Eagles being involved in our club? We have JG, and we had? Mark LeCras as well. I personally love the idea of ex-eagles making our club better over their own.

Why do people have a problem with Eagles being involved in our club? We have JG, and we had? Mark LeCras as well. I personally love the idea of ex-eagles making our club better over their own.
Its not about the fact that he is an ex Eagle, its the fact that he has virtually no coaching experience. We need to stop having the mindset that because someone was a good player they would be a good coach. Our team needs to be ruthless and poach the best of 1 or 2 midfield coaches already in the system with proven success in the position.

Its not about the fact that he is an ex Eagle, its the fact that he has virtually no coaching experience. We need to stop having the mindset that because someone was a good player they would be a good coach. Our team needs to be ruthless and poach the best of 1 or 2 midfield coaches already in the system with proven success in the position.
I’m not talking about this situation in particular. But just the general god forbid an ex-eagle joins our club comments.

Imagine having this black & white attitude though - the demolition derby perception would be warped as it would have been an eagle throwing haymakers at his own teammates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back