Vic Who stands with Dan on this?

Remove this Banner Ad

this is hardly new - even in the 1980's huge numbers of beaches were off limits to all camping, and a number of areas had access restrictions (ie no caravans, trailers, etc).

as i mentioned before, im hearing both sides on this via facebook from my family - a lot of farmers are over the way their land gets shat on around the rivers and streams

Is there not a way of addressing the grievances of farmers, which I don't doubt, without wholesale closure of all but a "select few suitable" sites?

Is there not a way of addressing the grievances of farmers, which I don't doubt, without wholesale closure of all but a "select few suitable" sites?

political death is telling a farmer they dont have the right to protect their land. even wind turbines on a neighbours joint are enough to cost sitting members their seat

political death is telling a farmer they dont have the right to protect their land. even wind turbines on a neighbours joint are enough to cost sitting members their seat

Yeah I agree. And so it should be. But that doesn't address the point. I'm not advocating wholesale permission to camp on private property.

Yeah I agree. And so it should be. But that doesn't address the point. I'm not advocating wholesale permission to camp on private property.

issue is often it needs to be accessed

The sites aren't new. There are no "new" sites.
So these 27 sites are not the 27 sites referenced in this article?
because from my reading, they haven't been open to the public for camping.

As a first step, the Victorian government is allowing camping on 27 river frontages in northern Victoria that are currently licensed by farmers.

Last edited:
So these 27 sites are not the 27 sites referenced in this article?
because from my reading, they haven't been open to the public for camping.

As a first step, the Victorian government is allowing camping on 27 river frontages in northern Victoria that are currently licensed by farmers.

It looks as though I have misinterpreted the press release.

OP amended.

My apologies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back