Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
Simple enough, who will become the scapegoat for 2018? The contenders are:

Chris Masten.
Really just a token vote, only here because I may not sponsor him next year.
images-18.jpg

Mark Lecras.
Summed up or 2017 season. Down hill skier of the highest order.

images-16.jpg

Jack Darling.
Most talked about player to trade out pretrade period.

images-12.jpg

Jack Redden.
If he drops back to his early form, many will call for his head.

2017-11-04-19-59-40-.jpg

Nick Suban.
Once his paperwork is finalised many on here will be decided. Only way I could really see him as a scapegoat is if I don' get to sponsor him.
20171104_195629.jpg
Jack Whats
images-21.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of BigFooty, it'll all be on Jetta now that Hill is gone. Not that the Facebook mouthbreathers are racist or anything but I'm pretty sure Hill was blamed for losses in games he wasn't even playing... :$

On BigFooty it'll be LeCras or Cripps (especially if we see a Partington-style situation where Rioli is dominating in the WAFL but can't get a game) or Jetta.

Last edited:
Outside of BigFooty, it'll all be on Jetta now that Hill is gone. Not that the Facebook mouthbreathers are racist or anything but I'm pretty sure Hill was blamed for losses in games he wasn't even playing... :$

On BigFooty it'll be LeCras or Cripps (especially if we see a Partington-style situation where Rioli is dominating in the WAFL but can't get a game) or Jetta.
It's crazy how often Jetta gets scapegoated. Poor bastard

So you think Simmo will be the scapegoat for his non selection of youth

So you think Simmo will be the scapegoat for his non selection of youth
The problem with his selections last year were that he was picking players that weren't really contributing positively to the side (Hill, Masten, Wellingham, Lecras) based on the fact that they might play well because they had in the past. When it comes down to it I'd have much rather played a young guy who might not have been quite up to their level to help their development. Don't think it would have made much difference to our win/loss record at all and we'd be a better side this year for having given the young guys more opportunity.

The problem with his selections last year were that he was picking players that weren't really contributing positively to the side (Hill, Masten, Wellingham, Lecras) based on the fact that they might play well because they had in the past. When it comes down to it I'd have much rather played a young guy who might not have been quite up to their level to help their development. Don't think it would have made much difference to our win/loss record at all and we'd be a better side this year for having given the young guys more opportunity.
Spot on! Couldn't agree more

Agree in theory, but you need to be mindful of going too far the other way.

matt_bas hopefully becomes the whipping boy around here.

surely hutch becomes the whipping boys and then gets delisted #thedream

I actually think it'll be Hurn, reckon he'll drop off a cliff this year but we'll keep playing him.
I know it sounds stupid but I wonder if Priddis leaving will have an effect on him. They were joined at the hip and Matt is no longer at the club. Lecras is Hurns fishing mate too so if he gets the treatment he may feel like its time to move on.

Back