Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong looking typically shaky at the wrong time of the year (again).
Two very ordinary performances back2back and a few players out of form.

More concerning, it was left to Dangerfield to drag the team over the line.

Port Adelaide would love to get a crack at us again opposed to facing Richmond.

You know that Geelong is one of the other 3 in the top 4...... or have I spoiled your recorded viewing of today's game?
Didn't we finish 5th?

In case you couldn't tell, its my way of saying Brisbane have been gifted this years Premiership on a silver platter and won't get an easier run at it ever again

so win = premiership in silver platter, lose = will never ever win again..
Given yourself pretty good odds there !

Doesn't seem to matter if your team is good enough. See Richmond.
I just want to know how many. Why is it so difficult?

I was about to tell you earlier, but....... now it's become very funny. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
You could google this too, you know..
Na you kept avoiding it for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows.
Never far from my memory is 2018 where we were on top and about two minutes into the prelim knew we were f’ed.
Hopefully that experience will hold us in good stead. In 2018 you could sense something was wrong. We had two dead rubbers to finish the season, then a week off, then a walk in the park against Hawthorn, then a week off. Then all the sudden come up against a red hot collingwood outfit in a prelim. It was terrible preparation.

This year I don't think we'll be caught off guard.

Are we finallly in peoples minds for the premiership? Ontop since rnd 1, but continued to be disregarded in most premiership considerations.

No reason we can’t but inretested to know why we’ve been continually discounted all year?

Lost to Brisbane in 1 bad qtr of footy
Lost to the Saints after the best goal kicking accuracy in 150 years
Lost to the Cats in a poor game by us

why are we being ignored?

We would have to be the most underestimated too team in history. Every week the media is about the vic teams in Geelong or Richmond, the hard road WCE have taken with this season or how Brisbane have improved. But why not ever port? What is it that we are being discounted for? Are port not a good media story or the story sells better this year being anyone else?

Last edited:
Are we finallly in peoples minds for the premiership? Ontop since rnd 1, but continued to be disregarded in most premiership considerations.

No reason we can’t but inretested to know why we’ve been continually discounted all year?

119?

not sure how a season from 13 years ago is relevant but nice troll

It’s about as relevant as Port are this season ;)

Nah in all seriousness, you have to be in consideration as you could get a home prelim final. If Cats beat you though, I don’t see you getting past the prelim week

We would have to be the most underestimated too team in history. Every week the media is about the vic teams in Geelong or Richmond, the hard road WCE have taken with this season or how Brisbane have improved. But why not ever port? What is it that we are being discounted for? Are port not a good media story or the story sells better this year being anyone else?

Because you’re in Adelaide and people forget the place exists.

Good call.

Port were good tonight and the Pies came to play.

They can beat anyone, and everyone has had a bad game.

Cats are a bit off, Port beat them pretty easily as early as last year. Being markets have that game as 50 50. Win that and it's game on.

Back