Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the other teams in the top 8..
Collingwood? Richmond? WC? GWS they did last year I remember but other than that no notable road wins. Lions had a dream draw last year and have had a dream draw so far this year too

Collingwood? Richmond? WC? GWS they did last year I remember but other than that no notable road wins. Lions had a dream draw last year and have had a dream draw so far this year too
I conceded already that the Lions are yet to beat Richmond. As for Collingwood, the Lions would have loved nothing more than to face them next weekend as originally scheduled, and would have steam rolled them. As for WC, they're 15th on the ladder..

Surprised at the lack of excitement around St Kilda. 5-2, in fourth position and playing some of the most attractive football in the comp (highest score two weeks running). If we beat Adelaide and Freo as we should, a finals spot will be extremely likely.

I'm not saying we are going to win the Flag, but at this stage, we should at least be in the conversation.

Keep under the radar mate, we know how we are travelling all that matters!

Hmmm yeah nah, who are these big boys you speak of? Only team the Lions have been unable to beat in the past 12 months are Richmond, in fact I was at the Gabba Rd22 when the Lions got it done against Geelong a tough one..
The only reason Brisbane did well last year is because of an extremely soft draw, which is the case this year also.

See how you go when you leave Queensland for once.

We are still the best team but it will depend if opposition clubs get lucky and we have heaps of injuries. In that case the second best side will win it like they did in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I conceded already that the Lions are yet to beat Richmond. As for Collingwood, the Lions would have loved nothing more than to face them next weekend as originally scheduled, and would have steam rolled them. As for WC, they're 15th on the ladder..
Sure they would. Brisbane have played WC 2 years in a row at home, last year they got Richmond away in last round then home in finals and lost both times, Collingwood they got at home last year as well. Brisbane will probably be in the NSW hub given they've played the WA and SA teams so again more luck for them in terms of draw.

The only reason Brisbane did well last year is because of an extremely soft draw, which is the case this year also.

See how you go when you leave Queensland for once.
* this season has really gone full circle. Vic club supporters using the phrase " see what happens when you play away from home for once".

Sure they would. Brisbane have played WC 2 years in a row at home, last year they got Richmond away in last round then home in finals and lost both times, Collingwood they got at home last year as well. Brisbane will probably be in the NSW hub given they've played the WA and SA teams so again more luck for them in terms of draw.
So.. what, you reckon the pies would beat the Lions if they played next week?

We absolutely are. We always start slow. No one will want to play us when the real stuff starts.
Yeah yeah.

Shame you guys are making every excuse this year....

Too much change in performance week on week, plus injuries look like they might play an even bigger role than normal.

That said, I like Port and a late-surging WC - particularly if the GF ends up being at Optus or AO, which looks more likely than not at this stage.

Always chuckle when supporters complain about a soft draw. You have to play each team once regardless this season, and until recently, most of the stadiums were empty anyway. How is the Lions fault that the QLD government has things under control unlike Victoria? If the shoe were on the other foot and all teams were relocated to Victoria, the onus would have been "It's 2020, what can we do?"

Weren't West Coast pre-season favourites to win the flag after the acquisition of Tim Kelly?

Most of the other teams in the top 8..
We smashed Brisbane at home last year.

This premiership is going to have a massive asterisk and if there’s one team that doesn’t mind an asterisk or two, it’s mine.

welcome home number 17*
We should take this one off everyone else to spare them the anguish of dealing with trolls. If any fanbase is well conditioned to handle this *, it's us.

Back