Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

LNP gives millions to Harvey Norman via jobkeeper, for example. Harvey Norman gives that money to Murdoch, via front page ads.

Murdoch uses that money to get LNP elected.

You have basically subscribed to a Harvey Norman catalog, Kwality.
The cycle of life.
Blessed we be.

Here it is in all it's glory

JpvorJA.jpg
Chin doesnt look enough like a testicle…

LNP gives millions to Harvey Norman via jobkeeper, for example. Harvey Norman gives that money to Murdoch, via front page ads.

Murdoch uses that money to get LNP elected.

You have basically subscribed to a Harvey Norman catalog, Seeds (and Kwality)
Lnp also gives millions to murdoch as well as not investigating his dodgy write offs.

Here it is in all it's glory

Reckon Credlin & Jones will do a better job of dissecting the politics, one slice at a time.

THOSE SCOUNDRELS !!!!!!!

JFC they actually PAY this guy ???

I refuse to click the clickbaity headline but how is "the left" (hate that term) killing romance when in the 2013 election Labor was going to bring in a bill for gay marriage within 100 days killing romance?

Isn't marriage supposed to be romance?

The actual ******* *?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I refuse to click the clickbaity headline but how is "the left" (hate that term) killing romance when in the 2013 election Labor was going to bring in a bill for gay marriage within 100 days killing romance?

Isn't marriage supposed to be romance?

The actual ******* fu**?
Again, that scene in GLADIATOR comes to mind

He probably wanks with his left hand
As a leftie (left handed not left-wing, the correct usage of the term) I find this incredibly offensive /s

It's probably fine, as long as you wipe your ass with your rightie.
I stock up on toilet paper every election when we get Liberal party How to Vote cards

Did I read this right, so only the ALP should regulate the 'unethical' paying player who influences the rules?
Does it not suit the conservatives not to?

The ALP national conference is a transparent example of money for power, so there can be no attempt to dodge the issue that is totally institutionalised in Australian politics.

Albo seems to think its worth penning an article for 'Murdoch'.
Has he pulled his punches to suit the audience or done a 'Shorten 2019' by telling people what they want to believe: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/co...n/news-story/888d55d2995ad8cfa55091e656a1ee9a

'Vision, ambition and a solid plan to power the nation' is the headline to the article.
'Building a better Australia demands vision, ambition and a concrete plan. Thursday marks the 49th anniversary of the opening of the biggest nation-building project conducted in Australia – construction of the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme.'

Chin Nappy and Toilet Creep are full of sh*t.

They are doing a better job of challenging the content that has the ability to isolate Morrison from his base & turn away the miners who delivered the 2019 election win.
Governments lose elections requires a bit more understanding than 'Murdoch the excuse'.

When Gina Rinehart bought into Fairfax with the desire for editorial influence, she was no doubt thinking of replicating the effect the media had on the Labor Government during the Mining tax debate. But in the Victorian election both Murdoch's Herald Sun and Rinehart's The Age editorialised for the Liberals and the Coalition still lost easily.

If you ever bother to check Murdoch's Twitter feed you will find that he isn't a political genius, but just an old man with strong views that are often not very well articulated. Here's his last 5 tweets, where he uses the sort of debating tactics his papers are accused of doing, but which they wouldn't normally make so obvious (and he also seems to mistake the highly-controlled oil market as a free market):

In the last Federal election and State election Murdoch papers haven't bothered to pretend to be balanced, and the result was drops in circulation (as Fairfax had too), a one-term Vic Coalition govt, and Abbott's popularity beginning low and seemingly unable to recover despite the cheerleading. More importantly, there has been a huge loss in credibility for the News Corp voice.

The dropping of the pretence of balance is most likely because News Corp are getting desperate. Advertising dollars are diversifying and Murdoch's empire is getting far less revenue. Fox News in America is the model they appear to be trying to create here, but Australia is too small a market (and generally a better educated market) for it to be a money-spinner big enough to effect politics. Also, compulsory voting means hard-line views don't win out. What's more, Fox News helped legitimise the Tea Party politics that have divided the Republicans in the US and made a Presidential win less likely. A loss in 2016 to Hillary Clinton is expected.

Rinehart has tried and failed to sell a third of her Fairfax shares, and now there are rumours of Fairfax buying Channel 10. That is seen as more about the survival of the two, rather than the expansion of influence that was suggested by Bolt as the reason Rinehart first bought in to Fairfax. Speaking of which, a Fairfax merger would give Bolt an excuse to leave Channel 10 without ratings being brought into it.

Murdoch is also under attack from News Corp shareholders. Not for the first time, but he came close to being effected (47.4% of votes) and has a year to try and shore up support, like from the Saudi Prince, Alwaleed bin Talal. Rupert will be 84 in March.

He's had an outstanding run, but politics again seem to be turning away from his views (in his tweets you'll see he criticises David Cameron in the UK, perhaps due to Climate Change or immigration, or simply because of BSkyB). I think Murdoch's time is ending. And by way of homage (I originally typed "hammage' - probably more appropriate) I will end this on a partisan note:
  • Hopefully this will stop 'the left' talking about Murdoch, rather than the real reasons people don't agree with them.

The go to excuse is approaching 7 years of delusion & must be a big disappointment for the OP:
'I will end this on a partisan note:
  • Hopefully this will stop 'the left' talking about Murdoch, rather than the real reasons people don't agree with them.'
Imagine not having Murdoch the excuse for the feeble, the mindnumbed that clearly the OP saw coming like a moth to the light.

There's no more canarys left to kill.

I get the feeling there's one or 2 simps out there who'd salt it like a *en pre-teen if MUH RUPERT was even attributed to 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% blame.

Best part is kwality and the like can shill and sook as hard as much as they want, i don't see it :p

There's no more canarys left to kill.

I get the feeling there's one or 2 simps out there who'd salt it like a fu**en pre-teen if MUH RUPERT was even attributed to 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% blame.

Best part is kwality and the like can shill and sook as hard as much as they want, i don't see it :p

:thumbsu: & I love your work, just not always ;)

That is exactly what the poster who started the thread appeared to be concerned about. Simps as a catch all is exactly what the OP was afraid of, not the ole 90 year olds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back