Opinion Who's use-by date has run out on the AFC board? The weakest link is.....?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2019
Baird Bay, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
The cesspool of incompetence:
  1. Rob Chapman (Chairman)
  2. Jim Hazel (Deputy Chairman)
  3. The Hon Kate Ellis MP
  4. Linda Fellows
  5. Richard Fennell
  6. Rod Jameson
  7. Jim McDowell
  8. Mark Ricciuto
  9. Kym Ryder

Attachments

• 145150-mark-ricciuto-620x366.jpg
    145150-mark-ricciuto-620x366.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 163

I have always been a firm believer in a maximum 10 year tenure for any CE, Chairman, Board member et al, plus yearly performance reviews for each and every year that you are sitting.

If a CE cannot see his vision fulfilled within 10 years, then frankly, it isn't going to happen. You are simply allowing your organisation to be exposed to the risk of complacency.

Based on this criteria, its time for Chapman to go. His vision of the AFC, whatever it was (for it was never really clear to me what it actually was/is), has been a mixed bag of hits and spectacular misses. Change clearly needs to occur.

Why is Roo highlighted? He's found some good coaches for us in the past. Guess everyone needs someone to put the blame on.

He's been involved in 3 senior coaching recruitments. The first we cannot judge, the second was pretty average, a Neil Craig clone and we've no idea whether Nicks is any good or not as a senior coach yet. Outside of that, we've recruited bargain basement castaway Ben Hart that nobody else wanted, including us and first time AFL coaches. Oh, we did bring in Francou, but he told us to GAGF after 1 year into his 3 year deal. Yeh, Roo's been magnificent in finding us good coaches.

He's been involved in 3 senior coaching recruitments. The first we cannot judge, the second was pretty average, a Neil Craig clone and we've no idea whether Nicks is any good or not as a senior coach yet. Outside of that, we've recruited bargain basement castaway Ben Hart that nobody else wanted, including us and first time AFL coaches. Oh, we did bring in Francou, but he told us to GAGF after 1 year into his 3 year deal. Yeh, Roo's been magnificent in finding us good coaches.
First coach no one has really had a bad thing to say about, pretty much everyone knew he was going to be good.
Second coach although he might not have been the most enthusiastic, still gave us the best winning percentage out of any of our coaches, just behind Alastair Clarkson and he also got us to a grand final, so I would not call that an average coach..
Who is to say it was Roos decision to hire Nicks?
As I said, you're making it seem like all these decisions to hire certain people was at Riccuitos sole discretion. Ben Hart may be bad, but the players must not have thought so as he wasn't booted out after the review

I read the title and thought this thread would be about posters on the afc BF board
He's been involved in 3 senior coaching recruitments. The first we cannot judge, the second was pretty average, a Neil Craig clone and we've no idea whether Nicks is any good or not as a senior coach yet.

Pyke's winning % is the 13th best of all time for coaches with >50 games. Over the magic 60% mark.

1. Chris Scott (259 games) 69% wins
2. Peter Pianto (106) 67%
3. Neil Mann (66) 65%
4. John Nicholls (94) 65%
5. Adam Simpson (142) 65%
6. John Coleman (59) 64%
7. Tom Hafey (493) 64%
8. John Longmuire (218) 64%
9. Allan Jeans (494) 62%
10. Alastair Clarkson (351) 62%
11. Alan Joyce (150) 61%
12. Mark Thompson (283) 61%
13. Don Pyke (93) 60%

Unsurprisingly 3 of those are Geelong coaches that get to bank tons of HA wins playing at their weird incest oval.

When it comes to Finals winning % from that list, Pyke is 4th behind Simpson, Clarkson and Hafey.

Far from average.

Rob Chapman (Chairman)
Since 2009

Jim Hazel (Deputy Chairman)
Since 2010

The Hon Kate Ellis MP
Since 2017

Linda Fellows
Since 2015

Richard Fennell
Since 2017

Rod Jameson
Since 2015

Jim McDowell
Since 2017

Mark Ricciuto
Since 2014

Kym Ryder
Since 2019
The Chair & Deputy need to go for starters as have been at the club too long. This would give the Board a much needed refresh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weakest link is they can only sack each other, no one can sa k them and only they determine who gets on the board.

Dictatorship.

America admitted they bullied North Korea into what they are. North Korea never did anything wrong but be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Uncanny.
Lol, is this some sort of reference to Burton... ;)

The cesspool of incompetence:
  1. Rob Chapman (Chairman)
  2. Jim Hazel (Deputy Chairman)
  3. The Hon Kate Ellis MP
  4. Linda Fellows
  5. Richard Fennell
  6. Rod Jameson
  7. Jim McDowell
  8. Mark Ricciuto
  9. Kym Ryder

For a second I thought you were going to name posters. :$

I was just waiting for my name to be posted. :drunk:

:p

Why is Roo highlighted? He's found some good coaches for us in the past. Guess everyone needs someone to put the blame on.

giphy.gif

For a second I thought you were going to name posters. :$

I was just waiting for my name to be posted. :drunk:

:p
Lol 100%
I think Roo needs to get out. Full autonomy as DOF has been not good. You knock his pillar over and Chapman will be right behind it quick.
Chapman first, not so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back