Why Geelong's performance today mirrors their true selves and why they're nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

benrey_demons

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Demons
Geelongs "Premier midfield" were smashed today

Soft

Chapmans performance after he pulled a goal out his a**, and pushed the brisbane players into the ground showed that whilst arrogance can be good (eg. Aka) it makes you look like a tool when your losing, badly

And where were their defence that was going to win them a premiership?

They're weak at the contest, have a sheer refusal to put their head over the ball and have a fear of manning up.

This is why West Coast, Melbourne and Port Power will hammer the Cats in the finals.

Until guys like Scarlett, Ablett and Byrnes learn what accountability, toughness, and hardness is, then kiss your chances goodbye and ponder another 40 years without success.

Soft as butter - they can be thankful Scott McLaren was umpiring last week or it would be 4 losses in a row.

Though to be fair, they were missing Brad "recruit of the year" Ottens. He would have made all the difference today with his sublime rucking and joyful second efforts. Brisbane should thank their lucky stars he wasn't out there.

It will be good if this is the beginning of Geelong's slide, hopefully they will lose 3 or 4 in a row - then they will be under the pump to even make the finals!

You look at their list on paper, and really, it's crap (not as bad as Carlton's). They have no key forward, but obvousily there strength is their midfield.

You would have thought the weather conditions would be right up there alley.

benrey_demons said:
Geelongs "Premier midfield" were smashed today

Soft

Chapmans performance after he pulled a goal out his a**, and pushed the brisbane players into the ground showed that whilst arrogance can be good (eg. Aka) it makes you look like a tool when your losing, badly

And where were their defence that was going to win them a premiership?

Hmmmm....this from a supporter of the team playing the Lions in 2 weeks at the Gabba........I'm sure some folks will bookmark this "Just in case".......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murray said:
Phat - you have gone very quiet

Hey where is my mate Jub Jub also?

These guys make a lot of noise when the Cats are flying, but are always nowhere to be found after a loss.................lol

If the theory that the best players get booed and abused the most also holds true for teams, Geelong must be the best team in the league. By my estimation Geelong were missing 8 players from their best side plus they lost 2 early in the game.

Being 10 players down + playing Brisbane at close to full strength in Brisbane + Akermanis playing by far the best game I have seen from an individual in the past 2 years = 69 point demolition. Don't lose heart Geelong fans, it's just the obligatory slump. Brisbane and Port were in much the same position a month or so ago, and look at them now.

On an unrelated note, I would have liked to see Melbourne v WC with Neitz playing - methinks the result may have been different.

Take WC out of the equation and the rest of the ladder possies will be determined by injury, or who has the least (even tho WC seems to be having a very good injury run anyway, but also seem to have good depth).

P.S - good on Garry Lyon for calling a goal of the year, only to be made to look like a complete fool today when Akermanis bettered it and then bettered that one too.

Super Demon said:
These guys make a lot of noise when the Cats are flying, but are always nowhere to be found after a loss.................lol
I think all the clubs have supporters like that.

Vaughan Pitt said:
If the theory that the best players get booed and abused the most also holds true for teams, Geelong must be the best team in the league. By my estimation Geelong were missing 8 players from their best side plus they lost 2 early in the game.

Being 10 players down + playing Brisbane at close to full strength in Brisbane + Akermanis playing by far the best game I have seen from an individual in the past 2 years = 69 point demolition. Don't lose heart Geelong fans, it's just the obligatory slump. Brisbane and Port were in much the same position a month or so ago, and look at them now.

On an unrelated note, I would have liked to see Melbourne v WC with Neitz playing - methinks the result may have been different.

Take WC out of the equation and the rest of the ladder possies will be determined by injury, or who has the least (even tho WC seems to be having a very good injury run anyway, but also seem to have good depth).

P.S - good on Garry Lyon for calling a goal of the year, only to be made to look like a complete fool today when Akermanis bettered it and then bettered that one too.

Pitty ... be brave and declare your allegiance!

Merely elaborating on a conversation that took place on ABC today regarding inuries and ladder position... interesting it was - barring some exceptions (Geelong being one of them actually) good ladder position = low injuries.

Allegiances are for mere mortals - I prefer to remain aloof, aloft in my ivory tower like some sort of football-watching reclusive deity (I doubt anyone is buying this, but if you are and wish to worship at the Pitt altar, send money to this address...).

Er, thee shall be smoten (or something)!

Vaughan Pitt said:
Merely elaborating on a conversation that took place on ABC today regarding inuries and ladder position... interesting it was - barring some exceptions (Geelong being one of them actually) good ladder position = low injuries.

Allegiances are for mere mortals - I prefer to remain aloof, aloft in my ivory tower like some sort of football-watching reclusive deity (I doubt anyone is buying this, but if you are and wish to worship at the Pitt altar, send money to this address...).

Er, thee shall be smoten (or something)!

Err, but suddenly geeeeelong become mortal!

Fair enuf, Geelong were ******** today, and have been for past month, but some of the things said so far have been bloody stupid, any team with 8 from there best 22 out would stuggle, and brisbane still have one of the best teams in the comp, also neone that can leave out the Scotts, triple premiership players, and white to a lesser extent cant be to bad.

Solid defense (well Scarlett anyway), great midfield, NO forward line.

Imagine what they would be like with a Hall, Brown or Tredrea? If they ever get one, watch out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back