Analysis Why isn’t McClarty getting a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's like saying that there are plenty of people in elite training programs who struggle to walk so you doubt that's why the person with no legs struggles to move.

Fixed. It indicates that the skill/ability may not be an essential requirement for the pursuit.

If he struggles to hear his teammates calling him back to a contest or directing traffic, then it would absolutely impede his awareness.

Maybe there are other ways of communicating?

If we put earmuffs on all our players during a training session or a game - it’d likely be bedlam at first, but they’d quickly figure out a way to make it work.

Fixed. It indicates that the skill/ability may not be an essential requirement for the pursuit.

Maybe there are other ways of communicating?

If we put earmuffs on all our players during a training session or a game - it’d likely be bedlam at first, but they’d quickly figure out a way to make it work.
Set plays, knowing team mates running patterns, strengths & weaknesses.

It’s been almost two years since he was drafted.

What is he missing?
It’s a good question.

I think the game today is more suited to smalls. I would have thought though with losses we’ve had over the past month (in the tall department) that he’d a be a certain in. He seems too benpkaying well in the 2’s.

Buckley knows what he’s doing, he’s not afraid of trying untried talent...I’m sure his time will come when he’s ready.

This is a genuine question so don't crucify me...

Is his awareness an issue? Because of his hearing.
This is the feeling I got at the mid season review. From then I gathered he wasn’t as close to debuting as those on here seemed to think. Will take time according to Gary Hocking and Brad Gotch.

This is the feeling I got at the mid season review. From then I gathered he wasn’t as close to debuting as those on here seemed to think. Will take time according to Gary Hocking and Brad Gotch.

Maybe with his hearing issues he's better off plyaing deep either FB or FF as theres less need to have 360% vision as you do in the middle of the ground?k

Thats assuming his hearing is an issue. Personally I think hes just another young tall kid who needs time and is a backup for two of our players who actually have managed to avoid injury.

Chris Dawes managed 3 goals in a final a couple of seasons before he was ready to play a meaningful role in our side.

I see McLarty having that same potential and he could yet prove a surprise packet come September if called upon.

Because if he played too early he risks turning into Jack Watts.

Too bad whomever gets Lukosius etc will do the same thing :(

Luckily Lukosious is getting a good grounding against men in SANFL, not sure ay team could do more harm then Melb did to Watts at that stage in their *not tanking but tanking* period where they got rid of any and all experienced players.

I’ve culled a lot of posters so haven’t seen those replies. The consensus seems to be that he is not physically ready.

There aren't any replies as such yet, but good to see "BJ" living up to his reputation.

Now where did I put that gif of that massive utensil??

oh right here it is:

offset_564761.jpg

There aren't any replies as such yet, but good to see "BJ" living up to his reputation.

Now where did I put that gif of that massive utensil??

oh right here it is:

offset_564761.jpg
That’s a fine looking bird.

They have taken him from CHB last year to the s**t truck role. This indicates to me that there are concerns on his leg speed/mobility at AFL level.

I'm not sure that's it, at all. His speed and mobility for a big bloke have been quite noticeable for a while. I think he's a plodder as a ruckman, and I do think that his dash and agility were more evident in defence last year, but he has shown more than a few glimpses of it in the forward line as well.

My own sense is that his ruck work is mostly about following the ball around and building up his fitness base, as well as giving him experience in positioning himself against bigger bodies.

L
My own sense is that his ruck work is mostly about following the ball around and building up his fitness base, as well as giving him experience in positioning himself against bigger bodies.
I reckon it's more than that. He's our only back up if Grundy misses any games. He and Cox sharing the ruck tall forward roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that's it, at all. His speed and mobility for a big bloke have been quite noticeable for a while. I think he's a plodder as a ruckman, and I do think that his dash and agility were more evident in defence last year, but he has shown more than a few glimpses of it in the forward line as well.

You may very well be right.

I just find it unusual that a guy recruited as a KPP isn't being developed in those positions and is instead being played in a tweener role in an area where we have coverage.

Now with Reid done for year and no Dunn, Moore, Scharenberg (and maybe Goldy) he needs to play vs Port and Freo to get a little bit of experience before finals.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back