Wikileaks founder and good North man Julian Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

I was having a discussion with my old man about this last night. He seems very confident that we will never see Julian Assange's face in public again.

Yeah. nah. I'd question that.

JA has become such a public face, with such a public enemy, and with such a high profile "cause" to his name, that I would be very surprised to see him "disappear."

The spooks will have to be much more subtle than that, and a character assassination (some of which has already been set in motion) is the most likely outcome.

Don't worry, as an Aussie citizen he has the full weight of our government behind him. :rolleyes: :cool:

Received this today
408330_10151177410151265_763844647_n.jpg

Yeah. nah. I'd question that.

JA has become such a public face, with such a public enemy, and with such a high profile "cause" to his name, that I would be very surprised to see him "disappear."

The spooks will have to be much more subtle than that, and a character assassination (some of which has already been set in motion) is the most likely outcome.

JFK gave a speech not long before his face fell off saying that America's biggest threat is from within, CIA etc.

JA is such low profile I reckon they could build a book depository across the road from his place of hiding, buy him a convertible and still get away with it.

Not brave, his a tool.

Yes, his.

Mind you, I didn't always think that way. But then a short time ago I happened across your deeply intellectual summation, and now consider myself one of his biggest opponents. Burn in Hell, Assange.

DR you've condemned him without hearing/reading evidence.......you ever been to Sweden before??
Youre not Swedish if you're not permiscuous. Its a scandinavian thing.........their national pastime.

Assange reminds me of our Jack - both have recently been on the receiving end of trumped-up charges related to errant tackles.

DR you've condemned him without hearing/reading evidence.......you ever been to Sweden before??
Youre not Swedish if you're not permiscuous. Its a scandinavian thing.........their national pastime.

Wouldn't surprise me to find out he is a St Kilda supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I am and a r*** victim has the right to justice. How many of you give a s**t who Bradley Manning is?

Sweden and the UK have refused to guarantee that they will not extradite him to the US, where he would no doubt disappear into a hole for the rest of his life like Manning. That is why Ecuador have offered him asylum.

Ok then champ inform us.

I understood there was no r*** but rather some dubious complaints about a condom breaking during consensual sex? In any case it's just an excuse for a witch hunt, that is very clear. The guy is going to be tied up in court for as long as can legally be managed by prosecutors.

I understood there was no r*** but rather some dubious complaints about a condom breaking during consensual sex? In any case it's just an excuse for a witch hunt, that is very clear. The guy is going to be tied up in court for as long as can legally be managed by prosecutors.

Isn't that for a jury to decide upon hearing all the evidence?

Clearly we need to replace every jury with DR, he doesn't even need to view the evidence before making a verdict! Imagine the cost/time savings.

Isn't that for a jury to decide upon hearing all the evidence?

Not every allegation is for a jury to decide. Many allegations are baseless and so never result in charges being laid. The matter of grave concern to many in this instance is that the Swedish authorities don't seem to be at all interested in determining whether or not the allegations actually warrant charges and a trial. They have the opportunity to question Assange to establish the bona fides of the allegations but they do not appear to be interested in taking up that opportunity. It's not a huge leap to assume that their only interest is in getting Assange to Stockholm so that they can then extradite him to Washington.

If Assange is genuinely guilty of sexual assault as most of us have come to understand the crime, then he should cop his right whack. However, if this is just a political ploy on the part of Sweden and the USA, then the cynical bastards responsible are effectively exploiting the suffering of genuine sexual assault victims to justify their political ends. I sincerely trust, Darwin Roo, that you would not exploit the suffering of sexual violence victims just to make a political point.

Clearly we need to replace every jury with DR, he doesn't even need to view the evidence before making a verdict! Imagine the cost/time savings.

Clearly we need to use the Bigfooty barracked for North as a kid test.

I had forgotten the Swedes have form too. In 2006 they gave up a bloke to the CIA who used "rendition" to take him to Egypt where he was tortured.

Why don't we get Julian to hack into our rivals computer systems. How hard could it possibly be for him??
If he can hack into the CIA's, FBI's, Scotland Yard's, KGB's, US govt's etc etc computer systems and find out all this dodgy s**t that's going on then I'm sure hacking into Hawthorn's system in grand final week to find out their tactics and match ups would be a breeze. I'm sure he's pretty bored at the moment holed up in the Ecuador embassy in London and needs a 'special project' to keep himself occupied. A North premiership would lift his spirits I reckon.

Word from a good thourthe that Snowden wants to come to Rd1, Abbott Govt terrified of consequences of arresting him at airport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back