Prediction Will St Kilda get a free to air match televised before finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogflogger

Senior List
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
All of the currently fixtured matches are televised on Foxtel and we are playing Collingwood and Richmond in the coming weeks.
Do any of you hold any hope of St Kilda getting any televised games off of Foxtel?

It's ridiculous really. I don't understand why the AFL being so unreasonable. It's as if they want to hold down certain teams. I really hope AFL wakes up and does schedule a game for you guys.

Its a real shame because I hate the thought of giving Murdoch any of my money but its not like i can go and attend any games anytime soon. I wish the club sold viewing rights to their own games.

Channel 7 are broke. They just canned their two actual football programs for the rest of the year.

Its not fair and all that, but they want and need maximum rating return for their footy now. The AFL want to suck up to Seven to get maximum rights dollars,

This will mean that Clubs like ours NEED to be in finals contention to get a run on Seven. That means, we win games, we get exposure

If we drop the next two, we can kiss goodbye any FTA in the next block (will be announced in a fortnight) and the Club knows it

It sucks, its not fair, but thats sadly how its gonna work.

lol you're not wrong its not fair, makes the rich clubs richer and the poor clubs poorer, and if any new viewers to AFL were deciding what club to follow why would they ever choose St Kilda? they would have never seen them play.

They may be be broke but that's pretty piss poor from channel 7 to get rid of their 2 footy shows when they have the rights to the games!

To be upstaged by a rival network like 9 who have no footy to show, yet they have 2 footy programs is rather embarrassing i would have thought!

it's utterly hilarious the own goal the AFL scored here. they've absolutely set them selves up for every bit of criticism they receive. you can't bullshit fans and tell them it's about the quality of football played then turn around and further fixture these two clubs again in what was the worst game we have seen in a LOOOOONNNGGG TIME.

Travis Auld has ****ed it royally.

At least the AFL have stuck to their guns and are going to punish Collingwood and Richmond after that mess on Thursday night. They will punish Collingwood next week and Richmond the week after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back