Will Sydney get Ray Hall if he wants it ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2003
Sydney
Other Teams
Not South Melbourne !!!
Or will some spoiler pick him up againt his will ?
Maybe even Richmond. Is that legal ?
Why do Richmond always seem to promise so much, with really passionate fans and good players, but always seem to come up short at the buissness end of the seasone ??

Originally posted by bloodsports
Or will some spoiler pick him up againt his will ?
Maybe even Richmond. Is that legal ?
Why do Richmond always seem to promise so much, with really passionate fans and good players, but always seem to come up short at the buissness end of the seasone ??

Interesting point this one, because there are quite a few teams looking for a ruckman - Adelaide are one - who have a pick well before Sydney.

The only way he'd get there is if he put a ridiculous price on his head and sydney were prepared to pay it IMO.

As for Richmond, they would have to be the greatest enigma in the AFL for the very reasons that you've stated. It all appears to be there but in the end it turns out to be just smoke and mirrors. I'd hate to be a Tigers supporter - you'd have to feel cheated.

I hate to say it, but what they really need is an Eddie Everwhere and a Micky Malthouse to turn the ship around as has happened at Collingwood. It's all related to culture and structure.

Originally posted by DaveW
I doubt we'll be participating in the pre-season draft.
If Richmond don't delist him, he will not be able to nominate for the National Draft.

If they delist him and he nominated for the National Draft, Sydney will pick him up with "our" pick 29. If Geelong or anyone else don't steal him before hand.

I reckon any club would have a go if he went in the draft, and I'm sure his manager is advising him of this (and is why I don't reckon he'll go). He's pretty handy as a backman also, IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back