Opinion Will the Essendon loss prove to be 2007 North loss re-visited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our season could not have mirrored last year much closer so far.

A win over the Eagles after the bye, may be a sign we are improving from a mental point of view. But gee we had some great wins last year, I don’t think any single win will convince me we have fully eradicated our weakness until Prelim Final day. Particularly after that awful three week stretch.

Lol compare our current team with our 07 team... the answer is no, we have too many passengers. Weve just had 3 games in a row at home and had good wins because teams don't generally play well there...
Again...not comparing the 2 teams. I'm comparing the change in outlook and execution based on a publicly humiliating performance! The question is, will we look back on the Essendon game as the moment that spurred this group to finally duo what it takes to play to their potential?

Our season could not have mirrored last year much closer so far.

A win over the Eagles after the bye, may be a sign we are improving from a mental point of view. But gee we had some great wins last year, I don’t think any single win will convince me we have fully eradicated our weakness until Prelim Final day. Particularly after that awful three week stretch.

I agree.

Its pretty obvious the top teams are weaker than last year though which creates a window for us to climb through if we get our game together.

I think it will. Not saying our 2017 team is as good as the 2007 team was but the competition as a whole is weaker in 2017 than it was in 2007.

Looking likely so far. Have barely put a foot wrong since that loss, and the group has shown ticker to dig deep in games and grind out wins.

Interestingly Essendon are no slouches, as recent results have proven. They have a sniff about them. Could that win have been their 'Geelong v Richmond' moment?
Another AFL fairytale in the making?:eek:
Hope not, but nice to see one J Kelly still racking them up in their backline.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back