Universal Love Willem "big willy style" Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Drew is just as smart when he doesn't have the ball as he is with it. His tackles count, he never over commits, and he knows exactly the time to release an opponent so as not to give away a free kick. Just look at the tackle he laid on Pendles last night. Pendles took no further part but there was never any thought Drew was even close to giving away a free kick, which would have been the case had he held on too long.

I remember watching his TAC Cup highlights in the months leading up to the draft and thinking (and possibly saying) how unbelievably quick and clean his hands were in tight.

Still very much his stand out attribute I'd say, but the rest of his game is starting to rise to the same level. Will be in AA conversations when his ball-finding ability gets to the point that he consistently picks up 25+ touches.

Love him and so glad that he seems to be over his injury problems.

Plays a bit like hugh Greenwood which isn't an insult, I like Greenwood. But drew is a lot younger with more upside
I'd be more than happy if he spent his career at 2020 Hugh Greenwood standard, Hugh was great for the SUNS last year.

I remember watching his TAC Cup highlights in the months leading up to the draft and thinking (and possibly saying) how unbelievably quick and clean his hands were in tight.

Still very much his stand out attribute I'd say, but the rest of his game is starting to rise to the same level. Will be in AA conversations when his ball-finding ability gets to the point that he consistently picks up 25+ touches.

[/QUOTE
I think he played in 3 A grade senior premierships for Koroit prior to be drafted. Bloody fair effort as that competition is very strong as far as I know.

It could just be the red hair, but this guy is everything we hoped Andrew Moore would be.

Tough as old boot leather, disciplined, really quick hands in tight and good to see him finding the ball. If he adds being a marking target forward at his height, would make him even more valuable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory Knightmare had a crush on him in his draft year and had him in his top 10.

the awesome thing about "big willy" is that even if he doesn't get a lot of the ball he adds so much defensively that he's still a good asset to the team.

no one likes to see players get injured but that run down tackle on pendlebury was a thing of beauty. perfectly executed tackle just unfortunate that pendles tweaked something out of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back