Wimbledon 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It's always rubbish in the few few rounds on Centre.
Yeah but those who bought for today would have arrived thinking they'd at least be able to watch Fed and Djok run all over some bloke for 3 sets apiece. Got 2.5 sets between them and a straight sets women's match.

Fed and Djok both agreeing that the Slams should reward qualifiers with the prize money even if they had to withdraw with injury.

Would stop the likes of Kyrgios taking the spot of someone who actually wanted to be there.

Just saw Tomic's press conference.

My first instinct is what a waste of talent. But when I think about it, he's no different from anyone else whose motto is 'work to live not live to work', he just has a much more fun job. Fair play to him, and I can't help but admire him being so honest about it too.

Personally I think I would eventually regret it if was born with that sort of talent and didn't make the most of it, but as someone else said, it's his life, so as long as he's happy.

Bernard isn't wrong about the fact he won't have to work again post his tennis career, its just a bit of our shame he does not really want to maximise his potential that's all.

With his extravagant lifestyle I'm not sure how long his money will last if he refuses to work after tennis. It seems like sponsors don't touch him. I remember in the Hewitt/Rafter era every second ad they were in. Tomic/Kyrgios not so much.

Don't have much time for either of them and would rather watch randoms from other countries. Was very excited Kokkinakis was on last night for something different

I've always defended Tomic and Krygios because of their undoubted talent, but I can't anymore. Both are pea-hearts for different reasons.

Nik just needs to get his injuries sorted before even thinking about stepping onto a tennis court. He obviously could be anything if he got his body and his head right.

Tomic on the other hand, should never step on a court again. Admitting he doesn't care about the game is an insult to Australian taxpayers who have invested in his training over the years. And to turn around and say he will retire in 10 years and never have to work again is also insulting to all of us who work hard for our money. I'm not a nasty person but deep down I hope he gets knocked out in qualifiers every tournament and ends up giving up. The tennis watching public deserve better than he offers and should boycott any match he plays .

That press conference by Tomic provided plenty of quality quotes for journalists. Career definitely at the crossroads now. Actually it may have already crossed the road and it is all downhill from here!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Aussie media (and general public) will be out in force today denouncing Tomic based on his performance and comments. I think today we actually got a proper admission for the first time that he doesn't really care about tennis and is just in it for the money. But why is that so bad? The funding argument stands up, but the notion that he needs to love tennis and try hard just because he's been able to carve out a career in the sport doesn't fly with me.

If you can make a few million without really trying then good luck to you.

With his extravagant lifestyle I'm not sure how long his money will last if he refuses to work after tennis. It seems like sponsors don't touch him. I remember in the Hewitt/Rafter era every second ad they were in. Tomic/Kyrgios not so much.

Don't have much time for either of them and would rather watch randoms from other countries. Was very excited Kokkinakis was on last night for something different

Reminds of the Scud, he ended up spending all his money on cars etc

Tomic clearly has a few mental health issues he was pretty open about in his press conference. The Keyboard warriors in the Fox Sports Facebook comments and media people including Renae Stubbs show just how ill informed the public are around dealing with this issue.

That press conference by Tomic provided plenty of quality quotes for journalists. Career definitely at the crossroads now. Actually it may have already crossed the road and it is all downhill from here!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Another amazing, gutsy, never say die performance by Tennis Legend (Not going to say Australian, that'd be embarrassing) Bernard Tomic.
What a fighter, what an icon.

Move over Rosewall, Sedgman, Laver, Newc, The 2 Pats, Lleyton.
You guys having nothing on BT.

i personally think players who have a genuine injury they sustain during the match they should be able to collect there paycheck. The ones that carry an injury into the match who clearly know there not going to win should have to put that money back into grass roots tennis. Whats happening in the next gen of aussie tennis players behind kyrgios/kokkanakis etc. you dont hear a peep. More money needs to be invested

I think we need to step back and consider that while it sucks, he has been playing the sport since 12 and he's just burned out. There are several athletes that are there for the cheque and it is what it is.

I love that he is honest about it because we take for granted how athletes go through stuff at a young age with a lot of pressure. Still it sucks that he admitted that he lost interest but what can you do?

Seeds Out

(16)
Pavlyuchenkova - Defending 430 - Loses 420 - 2160
(19) Lopez - Defending 90 - Loses 80 - 1595
(20) Gavrilova - Defending 70 - Loses 60 - 1740
(22) Gasquet - Defending 180 - Loses 170 - 1390
(23) Bertens - Defending 130 - Loses 120 - 1565
(28) Davis - Defending 20 - Loses 10 - 1636

Tomic needs to decide whether he wants to play tennis or not, he obviously doesn't want to anymore and he's just in it for the money. With that attitude he'll go down the drain very very quickly as we've already seen. He won't be able to make much playing challenges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back