Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

YeoShuey

All Australian
Aug 24, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Novak isn’t done yet. Wasn’t it Monfils, Nishkori.
Be incredible if he nabs 25.
I think you are missing the point completely.

Firstly, I haven’t even mentioned Novak but since you brought him up, he does have a few years left in him of winning Grand Slams. I’d say 3-4 maximum. Not going to be playing the same at 39 and I do see 25 Grand Slams for him as likely.

Secondly, you are comparing young talent to players (Monfils and Nishikori) similar to Novak’s age who have not made it. Unsure of others views of Monfils and Nishikori but I personally never rated them highly. It was clear that Novak and Nadal would be the standouts of their age group.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I think you are missing the point completely.

Firstly, I haven’t even mentioned Novak but since you brought him up, he does have a few years left in him of winning Grand Slams. I’d say 3-4 maximum. Not going to be playing the same at 39 and I do see 25 Grand Slams for him as likely.

Secondly, you are comparing young talent to players (Monfils and Nishikori) similar to Novak’s age who have not made it. Unsure of others views of Monfils and Nishikori but I personally never rated them highly. It was clear that Novak and Nadal would be the standouts of their age group.
Just saying that the young talent that has come up over the last 10 years. Simply remarkable Djokovic has pushed aside a generation. Monfils, Tsonga etc at that time were highly rated.
Djokovic has a better longevity technique and fitness that has put him in incredible stead.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
I want to add my congratulations to a brilliant performance and achievement by a fabulous young lady.

I really do hope that she inspires a generation of young Australians to try and emulate her ambition and drive as well as her humility.

She's speaks English in the Australian way as well!

Whiskers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Looks pretty epic to me bro.View attachment 1175610
It’s just fake like him. You always knew he would fall on his back no matter what. It’s not a natural celebration, just a copycat one.

When he blows kisses and bows in a stadium of no fans, everything about him is so fake. Kyrgios sums him up so well.

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s just fake like him. You always knew he would fall on his back no matter what. It’s not a natural celebration, just a copycat one.

When he blows kisses and bows in a stadium of no fans, everything about him is so fake. Kyrgios sums him up so well.

He's like Milos from Seinfeld (same personality), only he can actually play lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lethality

Most successful team in your lifetime
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers

All, or a lot of tennis players, or even athletes copy the customs and traditions of their sport from past generations.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic

You have no idea how stupid this sounds.

Then you mention Kyrgios and I realise why you have a stupid opinion.

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is and where it started...
I think that incrediby menacing yell he does when he wins.. like he just slayed a foreign army does not help. Not a lot of humility shown in that. The covid partying did not help his cause either. Seems to have a lot of fans though. Good luck to him.
What COVID partying - At the time clubs were open so Joker was not breaking rules - His exhibition tournament was given the tick of approval by health authorities - There are too many sheep in the world.

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
btw. It is going to be tough for Barty to lose the number 1 ranking for a while. probably only Sabelenka and I guess Krejcikova is a realistic chance. But if Barty plays after the US(big if), she wont lose it for the year on her current level

Osaka will be fav for the US and is the number one player on the hardcourt. But Barty is the better all court tennis player, as shown by the fact she will be number 1 for 3 straight years*. That discussion is over.
Barty will play on after the US Open - There is big money to be won in the Asian swing which includes the end of season Masters and of course who knows when she can get on a flight to return to Australia.

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
It's great to see a well-rounded player who displays excellent court craft win Wimbledon - Congratulations to Barty. Another routine day at the office for Djokovic.

On another note well respected tennis journalist and promoter Craig Gabriel who travelled over for the French and Wimbledon is now stranded overseas because of the 50% reduction for overseas arrivals - At this stage he is unable to get a flight until September 1 at the earliest.

myblueroan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It's great to see a well-rounded player who displays excellent court craft win Wimbledon - Congratulations to Barty. Another routine day at the office for Djokovic.

On another note well respected tennis journalist and promoter Craig Gabriel who travelled over for the French and Wimbledon is now stranded overseas because of the 50% reduction for overseas arrivals - At this stage he is unable to get a flight until September 1 at the earliest.
Your point?
He should get an exemption because he is well respected? Or?

Last edited:

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
So what! Tell that to the other million Australians stranded least he's able to work over there and as a journalist most work is remote.

BobbyMorri

Community Leader
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
So what! Tell that to the other million Australians stranded least he's able to work over there and as a journalist most work is remote.
Its not really fair on any overseas Aussies. Covid sucks

Barty will play on after the US Open - There is big money to be won in the Asian swing which includes the end of season Masters and of course who knows when she can get on a flight to return to Australia.
No China this year. You have Indian Wells in October, plus the Year End Champs hosted somewhere. But by the time the US Open comes around, she would have been overseas for 6 months. That is a long time. Especially if the Australian Open isn't held in Australia, then you would barely have a break.

She should ask for a special exemption like the Hollywood stars get. She could easily afford a mansion and a private plane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad