Wimbledon

Remove this Banner Ad

JohnF said:
Well if you are into tennis, how about the fact that he shows more grit, determination and has a bigger heart than anyone else in the sport?

But if you are a soft kock who thinks it is more important not to swear or scream in moments of passion, I can understand why this wouldn't mean much to you.

Couldn't be more correct! :)

Go Federer for Final, he is a champion!

Hewitt No. 2 player in the world.

Roddick won in 4

Aussie Stephen Huss and South African Wesley Moodie have won the men's doubles championships, coming through qualifying and beating the 6th, 9th, 3rd, 1st and 2nd seeds from the second round to the final. Huss had won $225,600 before this tournament, today he picked up $514,000

In the women's doubles Stosur and Stewart lost in the semis.

Solid performance by Federer and at his best hes unstoppable. The only differenc was that Federer broke Hewitt's serve about 4 times for the whole match and hewitt broke only once and that was a key to the outcome. Federer should win the final comfortably. Roddick will take it up to him with a go or broke power game but Federer will just be too solid and probably win in straight sets.

Venus fell over to concede the second set break at 5-5

Followed it up with 10 brilliant points to break back to love and take a 3-0 and then 5-1 lead in the tiebreak, Davenport gave her a scare winning the next 3 points, before Venus took the two points on Davenport's serve for a 7-4 result levelled the match at a set all

Drummond said:
I sure would prefer to see Venus win. How exactly is Davenport an 'inspiration'? What wouldn't I understand?
Extremely close but a big congratulations to Williams for winning it for the 3rd time. I think the game really came to a close when they played that 25 shot rally in about the 10th game of the 3rd set. After that you can see Davenport was visibly tired and her game started to fall apart and Williams slowly took over.

Now onto tomorrow night, Federer vs Roddick, go FEDERER !!!!!!!! :D

Thats Power said:
Federer will win, in easy 3 sets.Maybe one tiebreak set.But its a no brainer :) I got some good odds at $.70 :D and i put 500 on federer
Centrebet has him at $1.14 now, not really worth it. I still had Williams at $1.60 before the start of the final, that is good enough :D

shiva25 said:
I would say that sort of loss in straight sets is a bit of a whipping and i am willing to bet that Roddick will put up a better performance in the final agianst Federer than what Hewitt did thus prooving the rankings were correct

Nicolas Kiefer nearly took Federer to a fifth set proving he is easily the second best player in the world.

I reckon Hewitt now has a genuine plan to beat Federer. Go all out attack, hit it deep, and make him run. If he changed his game to play like this permanently, then he will eventually reach Federer's standard. Hewitt can take a lot out of that encounter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
Am I only one who doesn't like Federer?
Yes

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
When he loses, albeit which is not very often, he is a complete sook and fails to pay any credit to his opponent.
That reminds me of the Collingwood game vs Sydney, no credit given to Sydney, it was all the cheating time keepers fault :rolleyes:

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
You mean like how the AFL cost you the 2004 premiership?
Please explain?

Brisbane lost the 2004 GF because Port played much better on the day. End of story.

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
Oh, you don't know.

Never mind, ask your coach - he'll tell you.
If you're talking about the fairness in forcing teams to play finals at the MCG even though they earnt the home game I fully agree with whatever Lethal said, and this is not just for Brisbane but also for the other 5 non-Victorian teams. The AFL can't on one hand say it's a national competition and then on the other say Victoria is the home of AFL so finals should be played there.

Anyways, this is off topic, back to Wimbledon....

Funkalicous said:
I reckon Hewitt now has a genuine plan to beat Federer. Go all out attack, hit it deep, and make him run. If he changed his game to play like this permanently, then he will eventually reach Federer's standard. Hewitt can take a lot out of that encounter.

Hewitt will never in a million years come close to Federer's standard.
The Swiss champ is so much more talented than the SA Bogan it's not funny. (Well it is if you happen to dislike Hewitt)

celtic_pride said:
Hewitt will never in a million years come close to Federer's standard.
The Swiss champ is so much more talented than the SA Bogan it's not funny. (Well it is if you happen to dislike Hewitt)

Can't resist can you? What is Victoria's answer for a tennis player? Someone who is a gutless wimp. I know who I'll take.
Go the blues! :D

Funkalicous said:
Ridiculous call. If he had a plan, he forgot all about it. Rod Laver himself said that he'd be privileged to be mentioned in the same class as Federer, yet you think that Hewitt could "eventually reach Federer's standard". Stupid stupid call. The way Hewitt's going, he'd be lucky to even win another set off Federer.

Bull******** that Roddick is number two and Henman number six. Henman is the most overrated tennis player i have ever seen always hyp bout him winning the major but always gets bundled out early. Hewitt,Nadal and Safin should be ahead of Roddick. Never really understood the Seeds and Rankings on how it works.

Chops18 said:
Bull******** that Roddick is number two and Henman number six. Henman is the most overrated tennis player i have ever seen always hyp bout him winning the major but always gets bundled out early. Hewitt,Nadal and Safin should be ahead of Roddick. Never really understood the Seeds and Rankings on how it works.
Henmann is British so of course they're going to rally him up for his home Grand Slam. We do the same thing over here for Hewitt and the Poo, and all the other big name players. It's all about local public interest :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back