Rumour Winderlich [Staying with the Cartel]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to the fact that we have a few recruits that will be given 1 year deals to see if they will make it. Some may and some wont which will also free up cash.

There will be plenty of cash available next year.
Chris Knights comes out of contract at seasons end (approx 300k)
Newman will most likely retire (approx. 300k)
Lids will be moved to the veterans list

Anybody thinking that us signing Winderlich as an UFA will affect next years contracts is seriously kidding themselves and has no idea about list management.

I understand that, but what if he got 500,400,300 with a trigger of 200k? The point being is it could have and we don't know. His contract might have been structured that way so he gets most of it up front.
I can tell you that there is no way he will be going around again next year for 200k when his current team want him to stay , specially with the players leaving and they need to keep the ship together. He would be on easily $300-$350 next year at essendon

Would you leave your current club where you have played 12-13 years with your team mates and supporters and not become a 1 club player to take 100-150 less

NO CHANCE

There will be plenty of cash available next year.
Chris Knights comes out of contract at seasons end (approx 300k)
Newman will most likely retire (approx. 300k)
Lids will be moved to the veterans list

Anybody thinking that us signing Winderlich as an UFA will affect next years contracts is seriously kidding themselves and has no idea about list management.
Snap, and I think lids is a vet this coming year.

I can tell you that there is no way he will be going around again next year for 200k when his current team want him to stay , specially with the players leaving and they need to keep the ship together. He would be on easily $300-$350 next year at essendon

Would you leave your current club where you have played 12-13 years with your team mates and supporters and not become a 1 club player to take 100-150 less

NO CHANCE
Nah disagree, he was going to retire anyway. Yes he changed his mind, but he is going to a new club and his mindset might have changed. We will have agree to disagree on this one.

Snap, and I think lids is a vet this coming year.

Well there you go.
The club has stated in the past numerous times that no player on the list will be overpaid.
If some supporters can't understand that, then they need to go back to school.
Our GM of footy is a former player manager, I think we underestimate just how good that is for our salary cap strategy.

Even if we have to give up pick 70-odd for him, what are the chances that we would select a 200 game champion with that pick?
Remote I'd say.

Chance that pick 70 plays in our next flag...1%
Chance that Winderlich plays in our next flag 0%

1%>0%

Nah disagree, he was going to retire anyway. Yes he changed his mind, but he is going to a new club and his mindset might have changed. We will have agree to disagree on this one.
TBH im over it , Hope it doesnt go through and essendon dig their heels in and make him honour his contract or retire
wasted list spot for an injury prone player (nothing against his playing ability i do rate him )
Knights mk2

NO CHANCE

You are forgetting that he essentially wants to come to us, or retire. Thats how much he doesn't want to play for them and be dragged through the mire again.

The idea of playing at Essendon next year to remain a one club player is not even being considered. There currently is no option to play next season at the cheats!

Chance that pick 70 plays in our next flag...1%
Chance that Winderlich plays in our next flag 0%

1%>0%

Fair enough.
In my opinion, Winderlich will improve our team.
Fills a need and makes our impotent forward line suddenly look a lot more dangerous.
Just don't see why we can't take him AND still draft youngsters.
Why not take both?
He's only one player. It's not like we are chasing 3 or 4 mature agers aka North Melbourne.

NO CHANCE
It's been established that he has fallen out with the club.

Would you choose to remain at a corrupt, selfish institution that has consistently screwed its poor players and supporters for the last two years?
Would you not instead go to a humble, improving side and add a little bit of leadership and class for a decent wage for an extra year?

It's a bit of spare coin vs retirement and your career forever being tainted. I know what I'd choose.

Infamy I'm pretty sure they would have offered him something even though it was never mentioned "publicly", you'd be crazy not to ask a star player like him what his intentions are after retirement wouldn't you?
I certainly wanted him to stay on in a coaching/mentoring role when he retired, however in hindsight now seeing how he went straight back on drugs (arguably never stopped with other substances that weren't tested for) I think it would have been a mistake to keep him around.

Is that how it works though? Looking at Mitch Clark, he retired earlier this year but Geelong still have to get a deal done with Melbourne to get him across as he's still on Melbourne's list. If Essendon play hard ball which they probably will because they are Essendon, I thought they could force him to play with them or retire given he's essentially contracted.
Mitch Clark would get snapped up with Pick 1 in the PSD, they need to trade to ensure he gets to Geelong. I think we could be pretty safe letting him try to slide through to us as he may retire if he gets picked up elsewhere, or maybe he's happy to play elsewhere, its a risk I'd take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have even said they weren't gonna take him and it all came about with luck.

He sent videos. He sent emails. He chased us. I am sure we wouldn't have drafted him if he didn't.

How is that for professionalism?

If he is the only player that does that, I would be absolutely staggered..... professional yes, unique....no

Just watching the Essendon replay. Convinced we only go after blokes who have played well against us, irrespective of their form against the rest of the comp throughout their careers. :S

Waite kicked a few against North when they played against them last time they met...... It isn't just us!!!

Essendon recruited Camporeale just so he wouldn't get 3 Brownlow votes against them every time they played!!!

You are forgetting that he essentially wants to come to us, or retire. Thats how much he doesn't want to play for them and be dragged through the mire again.

The idea of playing at Essendon next year to remain a one club player is not even being considered. There currently is no option to play next season at the cheats!

Hear hear.

Gotta give the bloke a chance seeing he's that keen to play at punt rd.

If we can get him for potato chips im all for it, a fit windowlicker would do wonders for us next year.

Playing/Assistant Coach role perhaps? would say 350k be split between the two roles, and only the playing part of the contract count towards the salary cap??

Anyone seen the bummer blitz thread on Winderlich

Y0UJC.png

It's been established that he has fallen out with the club.

Would you choose to remain at a corrupt, selfish institution that has consistently screwed its poor players and supporters for the last two years?
Would you not instead go to a humble, improving side and add a little bit of leadership and class for a decent wage for an extra year?

It's a bit of spare coin vs retirement and your career forever being tainted. I know what I'd choose.
The best way to answer your question is what are his motives ???

Have a read of what the essendon doctor said about him and also what jason himself said when he retired about his body combined with his history of injuries. Really have a bad feeling about this think, I hate it when we own other clubs hasbeens/rejects taking up spots on our list
Knights/Winderlich same same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back