rayven

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PC racing
Achievable or we not quite bad enough?

We got alot harder oppisition to play than todays or last weeks. We are getting flogged regular now and our % will only go down, the two teams below us all had serious moments of dominace over us at AAMI.

I rekon it's a distinct possibility, what draft picks would we get?

Re: Wooden spon

What's a spon? As for can we win it, yes. Go through the draw and try to pick our next win.

We got alot harder oppisition to play than todays or last weeks. We are getting flogged regular now and our % will only go down, the two teams below us all had serious moments of dominace over us at AAMI.

Yeah, makes it hard to say, yeah we're bad, but we're not brisbane/port bad. :eek:

Spon: A spon is something they give out to clubs that show complete ineptitude in just about every area on field and in the coaching box during a football season.

We will not win another game playing this way. Its just not possible. Within a quarter of beating last years premiers two weeks ago and now smashed by two teams below us on the ladder by at least 10 goals. Such a stunning turn of events...

Run home....Can't see any wins in there.....

West Coast AS
Bulldogs ES
Geelong SS
Sydney AS
Bye...at least we can't lose this one.
Essendon AS
St Kilda ES
Port AS
Brisbane G
Geelong AS
Gold Coast MS

First spon coming up.

Going on last years system finishing 17th would get us pick 4 in the draft.

Whether we win the spoon or not we are playing like the worst team in the comp right now.

Could we have a Showdown for the spoon with Port? (In which they wheel out Chad Cornes for the last time & they smash us with all the heart they've been saving since the last showdown.

Your grammar deserves a wooden spoon. maybe even a "spon"

Run home....Can't see any wins in there.....

West Coast AS
Bulldogs ES
Geelong SS
Sydney AS
Bye...at least we can't lose this one.
Essendon AS
St Kilda ES
Port AS
Brisbane G
Geelong AS
Gold Coast MS

First spon coming up.

ugh - that really doesn't look good at all.

I had to rate this thread on your spelling and blood alcohol content:thumbsu:

If it came down to Poort and Crows playing for the honour of being SAs first AFL wooden spooner, we'd s**t in....but beyond that I cant see a win in the near future except for getting rid of Craig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to rate this thread on your spelling and blood alcohol content:thumbsu:

If it came down to Poort and Crows playing for the honour of being SAs first AFL wooden spooner, we'd s**t in....but beyond that I cant see a win in the near future except for getting rid of Craig.

They have beaten us already this year - there is nothing stopping them doing it again.

It depends on two things..

Firstly, things out of our control. GC have only 2 wins and a for/against record of just 55%. We have 3 wins and 80%. I can't see GC making up the 25% gap, so they will need to win 2 more games than us.

Secondly, it will all hang on the result of the Showdown and our return bout with GC (at Carrara). Win one (or both) of those and we'll avoid the spoon. Lose both and the final result is out of our hands.

Any way you care to look at it, this will be our worst ever season by quite a fair margin. Our previous worst is 8 wins & 13th position, in 1998. At this point, we'll be lucky to win 5 games for the year and/or finish higher than 15th.

Firstly, things out of our control. GC have only 2 wins and a for/against record of just 55%. We have 3 wins and 80%. I can't see GC making up the 25% gap, so they will need to win 2 more games than us.

If we keep playing like we are we won't still be at 80% at the end of the season though.

West Coast AS - A chance
Bulldogs ES - A chance
Geelong SS - youll get pumped
Sydney AS - a chance, sydney don't travel well and they are up and down, but youll probably lose
Bye
Essendon AS - they're running out of puff, i'd give you a W at home
St Kilda ES - They are average, a maybe
Port AS - should beat them next time round, they are worse than your mob
Brisbane G - a win
Geelong AS - big toubs
Gold Coast MS - a win

You won't get the spoon, not that it matters you won't get good picks either way

Going on last years system finishing 17th would get us pick 4 in the draft.

Whether we win the spoon or not we are playing like the worst team in the comp right now.

Could we have a Showdown for the spoon with Port? (In which they wheel out Chad Cornes for the last time & they smash us with all the heart they've been saving since the last showdown.

The way we are going, a team of wheelchair netballers would beat us.

I think we're half a silly chance this week though !
West Coke injury and tribunal concerns and they played really flat against GC. But I wont be tipping them !

The good thing about the showdown is Port will be coming off the bye and they might have some form leading up to it, the draw for them is OK ! That would make a change for us ! Normally them with backs to the wall !

There will be a late season rally from Adelaide which will wallpaper over the cracks you would imagine

West Coast AS - A chance
Bulldogs ES - A chance
Geelong SS - youll get pumped
Sydney AS - a chance, sydney don't travel well and they are up and down, but youll probably lose
Bye
Essendon AS - they're running out of puff, i'd give you a W at home
St Kilda ES - They are average, a maybe
Port AS - should beat them next time round, they are worse than your mob
Brisbane G - a win
Geelong AS - big toubs
Gold Coast MS - a win

You won't get the spoon, not that it matters you won't get good picks either way

Going on those predictions i can only assume that the only time you've seen us play this year was in our game against you guys where we played 2 good quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back