Oppo Camp Death Riding: North Melbourne Tasmania Kangaroo Spooners

Where will North Melbourne end up at the end of 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 4= 2034

Pick 19 = 948
Pick 22 = 845 (this is GC though so don’t think we can trade straight back but shouldn’t be hard to do something to make use of this)
Pick 27 = 703 (Doedee band 3 compo)

=2496 points without even involving our 1st

I don’t think that necessarily gets it done but shows we certainly have the currency if we want it. Just comes down to if someone wants it more than us as there’s others with strong hands to use if they choose too

If we could throw in next years 1st for say their 2nd then that’s a strong offer if they think they have points covered.

Also, if we were confirmed getting 4, given out list squeeze I’d be more than happy to trade our pick into next year for a premium and just go to draft with 4

I don’t think our 1st really will be of interest to GC.

It’d still get eaten up in a bid, or they’d try trade that for points too but sounds like not so many would be looking to pay a premium in that range.

I think a package of high seconds will be just as attractive. It’s all about the points number and once they feel they’ve got enough points then any cream on top for next year

Does anyone know if pick 19 would hold its point value even after an academy pick or does its value after the draft starts and a player is bid on and matched?
Hold value until that player is selected. Ie while deciding to big abd putting those picks together the later picks haven’t changed, only after the bid is lodged woukd all other picks change

I don’t think our 1st really will be of interest to GC.

It’d still get eaten up in a bid, or they’d try trade that for points too but sounds like not so many would be looking to pay a premium in that range.

I think a package of high seconds will be just as attractive. It’s all about the points number and once they feel they’ve got enough points then any cream on top for next year
We could trade it out to another club for more points and then trade those picks to Gold Coast.

There are easier ways to say "I don't understand what tanking is".

Tanking is a pure list management exercise. It's not teams who purposely try to lose games for draft picks, it's more about purposely putting a list in a state that their best can't win. The "oh we're in the race for pick 2, it's time to lose" just doesn't happen with any level of consistency and is more indicative of a self-destructive administrative group running the club. When it comes to it, the Hawks are the only team this year who actively chose to get worse this year for a brighter future. Adelaide was the same in '20-21 with how we sold off players.

There is a vast difference between that and teams like North and West Coast. They didn't make that decision. They planned to get better, however they just suck.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Hold value until that player is selected. Ie while deciding to big abd putting those picks together the later picks haven’t changed, only after the bid is lodged woukd all other picks change
Oh and also some picks will rise in value

Eg if they used 3 picks to match the 1st academy bid, later picks would move in by 1 pick

Pick 4= 2034

Pick 19 = 948
Pick 22 = 845 (this is GC though so don’t think we can trade straight back but shouldn’t be hard to do something to make use of this)
Pick 27 = 703 (Doedee band 3 compo)

=2496 points without even involving our 1st

I don’t think that necessarily gets it done but shows we certainly have the currency if we want it. Just comes down to if someone wants it more than us as there’s others with strong hands to use if they choose too

If we could throw in next years 1st for say their 2nd then that’s a strong offer if they think they have points covered.

Also, if we were confirmed getting 4, given out list squeeze I’d be more than happy to trade our pick into next year for a premium and just go to draft with 4
An alternative to that could be splitting the GC 2nd we have for 2 mid range 2nds so we could go f1 + 3 2nds for their 1st and a f2.

Go to the draft with 2 x top 10 picks this year and accumulate points next year for welsh and the younger michalanney

An alternative to that could be splitting the GC 2nd we have for 2 mid range 2nds so we could go f1 + 3 2nds for their 1st and a f2.

Go to the draft with 2 x top 10 picks this year and accumulate points next year for welsh and the younger michalanney
If we could split their 2nd for an ok upgrade in points we could offer 4 2nd rounders so any involvement of that F1 should include at minimum their F2 but maybe even some other points late

And give up pick 1? No chance imo
Correct.

Clarko rebuilt Hawks off the back of high draft picks and he wont choke on this. His coaching tenure is locked and loaded. He doesnt need to win and winning next week will effect his rebuild for the next few years.

North are no chance to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.

Clarko rebuilt Hawks off the back of high draft picks and he wont choke on this. His coaching tenure is locked and loaded. He doesnt need to win and winning next week will effect his rebuild for the next few years.

North are no chance to win.
makes me sick when they have pick 1 and possibly two if McKay leaves and then they get given that tassie kid as well, plus the have another high pick which they now don’t have to give up to bid for pick 1 off west coast

Gonna make me sick when they have 1 and possibly two if McKay leaves and then they get given that tassie kid as well, plus the have another high pick which they now don’t have to give up to bid for pick 1 off west coast
1 pp
2 pick
3 compo
+ tassie kid...

Actually let me correct this in even further, NORTH WILL NOT WIN NEXT WEEK.

Its not just Pick 1, its likely Pick 2 as well with the McKay compensation at stake as well.

Game Over, SUNS WILL WIN.
Yeah North would be insane to win, but * getting pick 2. The AFL should give that to us for compensation for last night

What was the pick swap that got us 19? Can only find consolidated overall in/out changes.

From memory it was a pretty good trade assuming North finished bottom 4.

Back