Oppo Camp The official Melbourne FC deathriding thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

2 average 2nds - say 30 plus 31, could match pick 10 with the discount.

25 and 30 can almost match 8.

20 and 25 almost gets you to 5
Wait for AFL to make the following changes (just in time for us to be adversely impacted)

(1) devaluing points from after first round onwards so the above scenario no longer works.

(2) reduce “discount” from 20% to a lower figure - perhaps 10% going forward

Overall changes are needed as otherwise these Nth Academies are going to build super squads (GCS 3 top 15 this year alone with more to come next year). And having locals won’t cruel them in outbound trade requests like the last decade with most of their quality players.

IU wouldn't be too worried about the picks at this stage - we likely will have a player or 2 to trade next year (himmelberg) to net some extra picks and we may flip futures in to get ahead and we may well shift more picks this year that could introduce extra future picks...long time to go
Berg is a FA next year isn’t he? Can’t imagine he will generate any value in terms of compo though

One of the most underwhelming FA of all time…who has 1-2 games per year who actually looks half decent

McAdams first day at the Dees...

shocked donald glover GIF

"One East Melbourne resident recently revealed that Oliver, after a light training session at Yarra Park in the summer of 2022, bent a bunch of windscreen wipers on cars in a side street."

This deathriding got a lot more interesting all of a sudden. Not a key player but more unrest at the Dee's

AFL: "Lets punish Melbourne by stripping them of next years 2nd round pick"
some minion: "But sir, Adelaide hold that pick"
AFL: "Strip it anyway."

Dean Bailey 2.0. The punishment for Melbourne is served by Adelaide.

AFL: "Lets punish Melbourne by stripping them of next years 2nd round pick"
some minion: "But sir, Adelaide hold that pick"
AFL: "Strip it anyway."

Dean Bailey 2.0. The punishment for Melbourne is served by Adelaide.
I know that was intended to be tongue in cheek..but you know what..I would not put it past the AFL to come up with something like that where we are the collateral damage again

This deathriding got a lot more interesting all of a sudden. Not a key player but more unrest at the Dee's

Gawn needs to purchase a small hotel to keep watch on all his players... & the coach lol.

Joel Smith was really good for them in finals. Goodwin is a premiership winning player and coach. Oliver one of the best players in the league.

Maybe the solution is more drugs
Not sure long-term ending up like Cousins is a wise move...

Joel Smith was really good for them in finals. Goodwin is a premiership winning player and coach. Oliver one of the best players in the league.

Maybe the solution is more drugs

They don't work but it's a bitter sweet symphony.
I hope he can become a lucky man out of it but I don't think he will.

Last edited:
I hope you try again for Oliver next year. Obviously dependent on a few things (namely the off-field situation).

Petty I’d imagine would be a given that communication with his management would be ongoing and if the offer is around the mark again, he may actively push for a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back