• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Job done. All eyes on next week. It will determine our season. We will need to cover Butts which is difficult.

Ridiculously good/efficient forward line, plodding midfield that still needs more, and dour but leaky back 50. That game was a good summation of our current team.

AFL umpiring is horrific league-wide. Try watching any neutral game and not tear your hair out at the inconsistency. It's not just Adelaide. I did laugh though that North didn't have a free kick for 11 minutes in the second and ironically didn't score.

Our percentage is 119. Nice.

Rory Sloane with the worst 30 disposal game you'll ever see

23 of those touches in the second half. 14 in the final quarter when the game was already done

23 of those touches in the second half. 14 in the final quarter when the game was already done
30 disposals?
No way, they continued on his sheet from last week.

Last edited:
Something very telling in the commentary late that they didn't really elaborate on.

In 2020 we were 18th and North were 17th

In 2023 we've improved to 6th with a realistic chance to play finals. North are still 17th. They were also 15th back in 2017

Huge difference in how the clubs have been run off field. North diabolical. We implemented sweeping changes. Shows there are lots of elements to get right in a rebuild and North haven't got much right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something very telling in the commentary late that they didn't really elaborate on.

In 2020 we were 18th and North were 17th

In 2023 we've improved to 6th with a realistic chance to play finals. North are still 17th. They were also 15th back in 2017

Huge difference in how the clubs have been run off field. North diabolical. We implemented sweeping changes. Shows there are lots of elements to get right in a rebuild and North haven't got much right
Noble years were absolutely terrible. At least they got some draft picks out of it.

Good:
Mitch Hinge - 2-3 Brownlow vote game. Best game of his career. Intercept marking, excellent decision making, just looks an absolute weapon back there at the moment.

ROB - See Mitch Hinge. They were the best 2 players on the ground and it wasn’t close. ROB looked like an 18 year old playing against under 16s. North were right to sub Goldstein off - he was completely embarrassed by ROB.

Rankine - first 5 goal haul of his career. Won’t be the last.

Worrell - continues to evolve before our eyes. 2023 Worrell is an improvement on 2023 Doedee for mine. Sure, Doedee is a gutsy player and a great intercept mark, but every other aspect of his game was not going well at all, especially the horrid kicking and constant falling over for no reason whatsoever.

Ned McHenry - didn’t get a stack of it, but bloody hell he’s made huge strides in his decision making and composure this year. That goal he set up in the 2nd quarter with his fearless effort to go in and under was something that nobody else on our team would’ve been able to achieve. And despite the clueless howling by the commentators, it didn’t even remotely resemble a “contact below the knees” free.

Bad:
Josh Rachele - is he best 18 at the moment? I’m not saying drop him, but I am saying he’s been a disappointment. Goalkicking is utterly putrid, and 80% of the behinds he’s kicked all year have been absolute gimmes. We aren’t talking about snaps from sharp angles.

ANOTHER concussion, this time to Butts. We seem to cop one a fortnight. Not good timing when coming up against 2mPeter. Borlase to debut? He’s ahead of Keane for mine, and going in with neither of them seems dumb when you consider Weideman and Langford are running around too.

Sloane - I think we might be seeing an all time record for “number of attempted disposals that get smothered” by Rory this year. He’s a mess. Tries hard, but personally I don’t see him as best 22 anymore.

Ugly:
How on earth is Luke McDonald one of the 2 captains of North Melbourne? This is right up there with Tom Jonas, with the only difference being that Jonas actually used to be a good player. McDonald is RUBBISH and always has been. I actually have quite a bit of respect for what North are building (minus the horrid defence, ironically led by this turkey), but far out, get a decent player in as co-captain, or just go with Simpkin alone for crying out loud.

can someone try and explain to me why sloane continually tries to kick all these 5 to 10 metre passes to his team mates where he virtually crouches over to place the ball, not drop it, onto his boot.

he looks fxxkn ridiculous.

and it just puts all sorts of pressure on himself and all his team mates around him.

it’s like watching a 90 year old try and kick a footy

and smith

his once lethal boot has deserted him I’m afraid.

these two lads really should be encouraged to retire.

Especially if Redman or Bailey Williams come to the crows at the end of the season.

Last edited:
can someone try and explain to me why sloane continually tries to kick all these 5 to 10 metre passed to his team mates where he virtually crouches over to place the ball, not drop it, onto his boot.

he looks fxxkn ridiculous.

and it just puts all sorts of pressure on himself and all his team mates around him.

and smith

his once lethal boot has deserted him I’m afraid.

these two lads really should be encouraged to retire.

Especially if Redman or Bailey Williams come to the crows at the end of the season.

it’s like watching a 90 year old try and kick a footy.
If he kicks through the ball likely to cramp or pull a hammy.

Those dinky kicks are the sign he is done.

Compare that to Tex who is still kicking through the ball with power.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aside from the win, some big positives were lots of midfield time for Rachele and Soligo, who weren't hugely influential but weren't totally exposed either against a pretty good midfield group, and ROB and Hinge's games who were both excellent. Fogarty has had a mediocre couple of months but was good today after another poor start. And 12 first half goals without any from Walker.

I wonder if they decided to give our younger developing mids more midfield time today because the Kangaroos group is younger as well. Would be interested to see Nicks/VB comment on that.

Sloane's second half was pretty good. He had 23 touches and was influential, and moving him into the middle was part of what turned around the midfield issues we had in the second quarter. The issue is that he was pretty poor in the first half when he wasn't playing in the middle and his CBAs were going to Soligo/Pedlar/Rachele. Can't really see any ongoing role he can play except midfield. Would really like to see him as the sub at some stage, though I understand why they are hesitant to do it.

Back