Oppo Camp Death Riding: North Melbourne Tasmania Kangaroo Spooners

Where will North Melbourne end up at the end of 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe in a 19 team competition we can relegate the worst Victorian side to the VFL every year, thus giving us a round 18 team competition
Assuming Tasmania doesn't destroy its chances and we need to get rid of 1 team.

I propose a 3 year battle off between the 4 worst Vic teams.

Over the 3 years whom ever has the worst aggregate attendance, win loss record and financial performance is sent to the VFL.

Assuming Tasmania doesn't destroy its chances and we need to get rid of 1 team.

I propose a 3 year battle off between the 4 worst Vic teams.

Over the 3 years whom ever has the worst aggregate attendance, win loss record and financial performance is sent to the VFL.

The question would be whether another club could out-fail St Kilda on the field, because boy do St Kilda fail off the field. They'd be the leading candidate

The question would be whether another club could out-fail St Kilda on the field, because boy do St Kilda fail off the field. They'd be the leading candidate
I always assumed it would be North, Saints plus two of WB, Hawks and Dee's (and Maybe Carlton)

To be honest it's just getting rid of North with extra steps.

People on radio talking about how will the players get up for the weekend.
Our players player post their coach’s murder.
This has nothing on that event.
To be fair we didn't actually play the game straight afterwards Geelong agreed to a draw and we played the week after in West Coast in the most emotional game of all time

The majority of the best drafting was done before Clarkson arrived with Franklin, Roughhead and Lewis already earmarked for 2004 draft.
Their 2005 and 2006 drafts were ordinary.
After the 2008 flag Hawthorn was rhe destination club recruiting the likes of Burgoyne, Gibson, Hale, Gunston, Lake, McEvoy, Frawley chesply.
The 2016 O'meara and Mitchel followed by Wingard trades exactly as you say Clarko taking over and they started to pay overs.

Pretty hard to say no to a modern day great coach.
I dunno about Chris Pelchen but Gary Buckenara seems to take most of the credit for Franklin, Roughhead, Lewis etc?

While talking on SEN Afternoons, Buckenara opened up about the discussions he had with current coach Alistair Clarkson and former Hawthorn GM of Football Operations John Hook leading up to the historic draft 12 years ago that landed Jarryd Roughead, Lance Franklin and Jordan Lewis.
When he (Clarkson) got appointed he said ‘Look, I really want us to get two key position players and a midfielder’”, Buckenara said.

Discussions then proceeded on trade week, when both Gary and John wanted to trade up from pick 10 as he had an eye for Jordan Lewis and thought he was not going to remain on the board at that selection. They eventually struck a deal with Collingwood, receiving No.7 and Bo Nixon for pick 10 and pick 37.

“We did our intel. John Hook and I were at the trading period and I thought we really like Jordan Lewis but we weren’t going to get him at pick 10, so he did a great and got us to pick seven which got him”, Buckenara explained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno about Chris Pelchen but Gary Buckenara seems to take most of the credit for Franklin, Roughhead, Lewis etc?

While talking on SEN Afternoons, Buckenara opened up about the discussions he had with current coach Alistair Clarkson and former Hawthorn GM of Football Operations John Hook leading up to the historic draft 12 years ago that landed Jarryd Roughead, Lance Franklin and Jordan Lewis.
When he (Clarkson) got appointed he said ‘Look, I really want us to get two key position players and a midfielder’”, Buckenara said.

Discussions then proceeded on trade week, when both Gary and John wanted to trade up from pick 10 as he had an eye for Jordan Lewis and thought he was not going to remain on the board at that selection. They eventually struck a deal with Collingwood, receiving No.7 and Bo Nixon for pick 10 and pick 37.

“We did our intel. John Hook and I were at the trading period and I thought we really like Jordan Lewis but we weren’t going to get him at pick 10, so he did a great and got us to pick seven which got him”, Buckenara explained.

Yes predominantly Buckenara.

Tambling was actually staying with Buckenara and Richmond were convinced Hawks were drafting him and Franklin.
Richmond thought they would get Delidio at 1 and Roughead at 4 and both players have confirmed this.
Hawks went Roughead and Richmond were caught off guard and went Tambling at 4 and the rest is history.
The Lewis deal in hindsight was a gem

Fold them, about time more Victorians felt some pain "for the good of the national competition"

Should've happened during the Covid "no crowds" period.

Was a great opportunity for the AFL - "sorry, it's out of of hands, not enough money coming in to carry so many deadweight teams".

Norf, Bullflogs and Saints should've been sent back to play with Port Melbourne, Frankston etc in the VFL.

Tassie in to get us back to 16, this 19 or 20 teams is just crap.

Back