Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

With only 48 entries each tournament and the names signed on so far LIV really need to score a big chunk of the top 20 players in the world to get any serious traction. Be interesting to see what happens with the DP World tour and if they ban the players as well. If the PGA and DP World tour align then the only option is the Asian tour if they want to play external events outside of LIV.
Personally I don't think it will gather enough support in its current format and signing up players at the end of their career isn't going to help with the standard of golf.
Greg Norman should never had been the figurehead for this , has no diplomatic skills and an ego the size of a planet. Giving him several billion dollars to play with makes him even worse.
Be interesting to see how it pans out over the next couple of years still think the PGA has the upper hand.

PGA tour don't give a s**t about golf in other parts of the world.

They have destroyed the Australian and South African tours by having the wrap around PGA tour starting in October now.

Something had to happen to shake things up. If it was anyone else other than the Saudis financing it, there would have been a huge player attendance at the LIV.

Hopefully this is the start to change things up.

The dp mixed Scandinavian open fascinating , the swedish womans golfer Grant 5 ahead at the moment 20 under , her aussie playing partner Scriviner cant take a trick
Great concept, but doesn’t sit right with me that Scrivener had to play a 210yd par3, 4 iron for him, same hole Grant plays from 155yd, 7 iron.
Wouldnt it be fairer if tee distances were set to match club distances?
Using 4 iron as example, would put Grant back to 180yd range.

Quite the performance by Linn Grant. Interestingly not only is she a long way in front of the chasing males but the nearest female is 13 shots back.

PGA tour don't give a s**t about golf in other parts of the world.

They have destroyed the Australian and South African tours by having the wrap around PGA tour starting in October now.

Something had to happen to shake things up. If it was anyone else other than the Saudis financing it, there would have been a huge player attendance at the LIV.

Hopefully this is the start to change things up.
The European tour hasn’t helped the Asian, Australian and South African tours much either. Their calendar takes up as much time as the PGA tour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great concept, but doesn’t sit right with me that Scrivener had to play a 210yd par3, 4 iron for him, same hole Grant plays from 155yd, 7 iron.
Wouldnt it be fairer if tee distances were set to match club distances?
Using 4 iron as example, would put Grant back to 180yd range.
Yeah I couldn't help but have similar feelings, especially as she pulled away from the Aussie lad. However, as was pointed out, she finished 13 shots clear of the next female, which would suggest it was a serious performance and very, very deserving of the victory. I wonder if she is a long hitter and she was able to get her ball into positions the other women couldn't, and perhaps those setting out the course didn't expect? Regardless it was a stunning performance in that final round, she blitzed the field.

I don't mind this concept, its happening a bit on the Australian Tour and the Asian Tour as well. I do think it should remain as a once or twice a year thing though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back