Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know about Boos, but Boourns will certainly be heard.

Amazing how much LIV is being discussed at non LIV events the past two weeks
The Saudis have no intention of trying to make a profit.
It's basically a billion dollar propaganda exercise. The PGA are shitting themselves because they can't offer the same money .
Phil Mickleson has apparantly lost $40 million in gambling so he was always going to sign.
It's basically blood money imo and Greg Norman and the others have trashed their reputation, although players like Reed and DeChambeau already had bad reputations.

The Saudis have no intention of trying to make a profit.
It's basically a billion dollar propaganda exercise. The PGA are shitting themselves because they can't offer the same money .
Phil Mickleson has apparantly lost $40 million in gambling so he was always going to sign.
It's basically blood money imo and Greg Norman and the others have trashed their reputation, although players like Reed and DeChambeau already had bad reputations.
Correct ....but LIV will only work if they can cherry pick the best players from the PGA and DP World tour. At the moment all they can do is offer massive signing on fees to get players to jump (prize money helps as well)
If the players are eventually going to get allowed releases from the other tours then LIV will just wait for players to come through the PGA etc and pick them off. LIV is supposed to expand to twenty odd tournaments a year so it is directly trying to out muscle the PGA.
Norman and LIV have set the precedent with these signing on fees , if they have to keep on signing players on and paying off other players to drop off their 48 player roster it's going to get messy very quickly , they would be getting close to signing up half that number already and apart from Mickelson and Bryson it's pretty underwhelming.
I know that the Saudis have very deep pockets but Norman has already gone back to them for another couple of billion , the expectation from the players for signing up bonuses will be huge now. The stench of Saudi money will make it difficult to attract sponsorship as well. If they do have 25 million prize money X 20 events plus other costs of staging tournaments so minimum half a billion a year !! Without signing on bonuses !
I would love someone to ask Norman if he has invested any money in LIV golf ? If there isn't anything more important to Greg apart from Greg it's money and you don't make money with sports washing.

Correct ....but LIV will only work if they can cherry pick the best players from the PGA and DP World tour. At the moment all they can do is offer massive signing on fees to get players to jump (prize money helps as well)
If the players are eventually going to get allowed releases from the other tours then LIV will just wait for players to come through the PGA etc and pick them off. LIV is supposed to expand to twenty odd tournaments a year so it is directly trying to out muscle the PGA.
Norman and LIV have set the precedent with these signing on fees , if they have to keep on signing players on and paying off other players to drop off their 48 player roster it's going to get messy very quickly , they would be getting close to signing up half that number already and apart from Mickelson and Bryson it's pretty underwhelming.
I know that the Saudis have very deep pockets but Norman has already gone back to them for another couple of billion , the expectation from the players for signing up bonuses will be huge now. The stench of Saudi money will make it difficult to attract sponsorship as well. If they do have 25 million prize money X 20 events plus other costs of staging tournaments so minimum half a billion a year !! Without signing on bonuses !
I would love someone to ask Norman if he has invested any money in LIV golf ? If there isn't anything more important to Greg apart from Greg it's money and you don't make money with sports washing.
I don't think the Saudis care about sponsorship money, a few billion is spare change for their regime.
Norman must have signed a contract for a few years maybe and is probably gettingsomething like $120milliin a year I would guess.
The other thing is that it punishable by death to be gay and women are 2nd class citizens.

I don't think the Saudis care about sponsorship money, a few billion is spare change for their regime.
Norman must have signed a contract for a few years maybe and is probably gettingsomething like $120milliin a year I would guess.
The other thing is that it punishable by death to be gay and women are 2nd class citizens.

reprehensible. abhorrent. disgusting.

in some western societies there are people that hold these views and probably wish it be enshrined in law.

at the end of the day, we are lucky to live and function where we are without fear. the blood money issue is interesting. man city and newcastle in the epl, major sporting brands and sweatshop factories in china, examples plenty about sportswashing and human rights abuse.

We are lucky here that we are not faced with situations where sporting clubs are sponsored or owned by any of these organisations, and can easily state we would not support our team IF said team is sponsored by such org.

I know some golfing friends who wont use nike because of their history with sweatshops. I admire their stance and sticking fat.

Last edited:
It's interesting that the European Tour, European Ladies Tour & PGA Tour has tournaments in Saudi Arabia and other areas of the Emirates and there's little negative publicity of that.

The opportunities presented to the lesser lites on the LIV tour is what I'm looking forward to. How much stronger does their game become.

It's interesting that the European Tour, European Ladies Tour & PGA Tour has tournaments in Saudi Arabia and other areas of the Emirates and there's little negative publicity of that.

The opportunities presented to the lesser lites on the LIV tour is what I'm looking forward to. How much stronger does their game become.
very interesting indeed. hmmm

1417018043_4.jpg

rory in dubai (UAE)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking increasingly likely were going to get a head to head battle between Morikawa and Scheffler unless Rahm catches fire. Morikawa brings his best golf to the majors. Should be great viewing.

Looking increasingly likely were going to get a head to head battle between Morikawa and Scheffler unless Rahm catches fire. Morikawa brings his best golf to the majors. Should be great viewing.
Well that theory ended quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back