Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

it is interesting that some are linking this incident to LIV golf. but JK went to find the ball, went through the processes and then realised the group behind were waiting, and in the goodness of his own heart decided to pick up and DQ himself rather than holding up the field longer.
Is that really what happened? A professional shooting 44 yards over his target? I don't even do that and I'm shite haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in an attempt to move away from the personal aspect,

In your opinion, which of the can win a major going forward?
And which one?

All 4 of them could win any of the majors for the next 5-10 years. That between them they have won 8 already and they are all in their prime golf years I am not sure how anyone could think they can't win anymore.
Now of course if they are banned from playing in them then that will be the only reason.

Why does it mean so much to the PGA tour players for the players at LIV to say we went for the money?

John Rham is playing on the PGA tour because it has far greater prize money than the European tour, as are all players not from the USA.
Players from America simply don’t leave the USA other than one or two events. Hardly global players.
Golfers and all sportsman play sport fir money, they follow the money. Nothing new here.

Why does it mean so much to the PGA tour players for the players at LIV to say we went for the money?
I actually think they'd be respected a smidgen more if they here honest and admitted they are morally decrepit and would take a big payout even if a South East Asian people smuggling ring were bankrolling a tour.

What gets people's nose out is when very unintelligent players (eg G McDowell) weirdly try to justify that they are doing this to somehow be a force for good in the world.

I actually think they'd be respected a smidgen more if they here honest and admitted they are morally decrepit and would take a big payout even if a South East Asian people smuggling ring were bankrolling a tour.

What gets people's nose out is when very unintelligent players (eg G McDowell) weirdly try to justify that they are doing this to somehow be a force for good in the world.

If they said theyre doing it for $$$ from a regime that does XYZ, trust me, they'd be lambasted all the same. IMO, the honesty line doesn't hold much weight, again IMO. I have friends who espouse the same reasoning for hating LIV ("they're lying to us fans, they're doing it for money!"). Really?

if the world and people are fair dinkum about morals, the tours should stop having events in china, middle east and probably the USA.

Well the USA and the Saudi have a huge business relationship, not sure how any individual can ge criticised when their own government live off a relationship with the Saudi government.

taking the game world wide would be good for golf yes? The PGA tour wont do that.

Should be a couple of good weeks coming up with a strong field in the Scottish Open followed by The Open at the old course.
If only the Aus tour was like this.
Imagine having a lead up event with similar calibre players, heading into the Aus Open.
I'd be putting in a call to Greg....c'mon lets resurrect Aus golf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back