Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

From his Mrs
Do you mean his Mrs, who might soon own a not inconsiderable amount of the new PGA entity?

Reckon Rory might be about to get into a fight. He has filed, asking for the pre-nup to be enforced, no joint statement - that would sound like he didn't make an offer in excess of the pre-nup numbers(to avoid a fight) or that the offer was rejected.

Either way, sounds like this former couple might be hitting the mattresses one last time.

No grouping really jumping out at me. Scheffler and Clark unfortunately ruined by Brian Harman.

Aberg, Xander and JT probably my pick. Rory and DJ ok. Tiger still front and centre.

Last edited:
Did you not see that Blocky is the Starter, teeing it up with the European Ryder Cup Captain and former winner Shaun Micheel?
I missed that! You'll have to excuse me. Normally the main attraction is in the marquee group times. Completely missed the first name in the field.

The next US Ryder Cup captain vs the Europe Ryder Cup captain perhaps? The sky is the limit for Blockie..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger said the walk is much easier than Augusta as long as you stay out of the rough. Hideki is a very hot and cold golfer. Hope his backs ok though
Hideki is one of my faves. Viktor is icy cold this season.

Appointed Chris Mayo as his short game coach and finished last year as the form golfer in the world, even if his Strokes gained Around the Green was ranked 86. Sacked Mayo in the off season and this year he is running at 186 on that stat.

SG: overall in 23 ranked 8th, this year currently 113th...

To be fair to Blocky, he has squeezed everything out of this last 12 months. Can't knock a bloke for taking advantage of the opportunity.
Without a doubt.

There will be an ESPN 30-for-30 episode in 10-15 years and we will all say "oh yeahh Blockie" and look back fondly at him. How well he played. The pairing with the biggest face in golf in the final round. The hole in one. Just one of those magical sports stories that lined up perfectly. A journalist's wet dream.

He was going well with it all I thought until that podcast with Bob Menery. Just got a bit caught up in the instant fame.

Without a doubt.

There will be an ESPN 30-for-30 episode in 10-15 years and we will all say "oh yeahh Blockie" and look back fondly at him. How well he played. The pairing with the biggest face in golf in the final round. The hole in one. Just one of those magical sports stories that lined up perfectly. A journalist's wet dream.

He was going well with it all I thought until that podcast with Bob Menery. Just got a bit caught up in the instant fame.
I just hope that we don't say, "that was probably the last feel good story before professional golf collapsed on itself".

Or maybe the show finishes in the present day with Blocky working on a dusty driving range like Kevin Costner?

I just hope that we don't say, "that was probably the last feel good story before professional golf collapsed on itself".

Or maybe the show finishes in the present day with Blocky working on a dusty driving range like Kevin Costner?

Cmon mate, - pro golf hasn’t collapsed. Even with LIV the PGA tour is still the top tour in the world.

Cmon mate, - pro golf hasn’t collapsed. Even with LIV the PGA tour is still the top tour in the world.
It is for now - and I wasn't being completely serious - but they are playing a dangerous game at the moment.

TV viewer numbers are down something like 16% this year, major sponsors publicly calling out the current situation and instability at board level. I'd say it's well past time to fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back