Worst afl player you've seen (and why) | Page 59 | BigFooty

Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by DennisMarshall, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Benny78

Benny78 Norm Smith Medallist

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Bill Shorten
    I hate every single one of them born after 1993. They have crashed the quality of the game into a netball competition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Baird

Baird Norm Smith Medallist

West Coast
    Imagine actually believing this

3. ioppolo

ioppolo Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    Other Teams:
    Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
    Odd call, he didn't do much but he didn't have the anti Midas touch by any means.

4. kreglze

kreglze Brownlow Medallist

Gold Coast
    Other Teams:
    Arsenal
    Joel Wilkenson, didn't have a clue out on the pitch. Athletic beast but no idea how to get the pill or what to do with it.

Bob Cobb likes this.
  5. Ishikawa

Ishikawa Senior List

Port Adelaide
    Nah he had an absolute stinker.

6. st_trav_ofWA

st_trav_ofWA Premiership Player

St Kilda
    read my post his last 3 years were some of the worst footy played by a best 22 player

7. Captain_Bender

Captain_Bender Club Legend

Richmond
    Held Dunstall goalless once and played a pretty good game up forward in the 95 semi can't have been all that bad

8. Abasi

Abasi SUPERSTAR MODERATOR

Hawthorn
    Other Teams:
    Spurs, Socceroos
    Jason Castagna.

9. jackenny

jackenny Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Truthfully, he wasn't that bad. But he was Richmond's #1 FB for a good chunk of the '90s and was just so, so ordinary during that time (a lot like young Schoenmakers was at times the #1 FB for the Hawks during that period between Croad retiring, and before Lake - which also saw weird experiments like Roughead in defence for full games as opposed to just using him as a swingman). I used to see Richmond do the same with Richardson running back to shore up their defence, and despite Richo being a brilliant forward (with his only knock being the jitters he sometimes got when kicking set shots), when it came to applying pressure and field-kicking, he was consistently so-so.

The funniest thing about Turner though is he was an on-field leader, but his ideas and directions were usually pretty horrible. Which I think was a product of Richmond's team at the time being pretty limited in leaders in the backline. Can't knock Turner's effort, of course. I remember the Tiger's midfield being their greatest asset at the time.