Analysis Would the stand rule still have been introduced if Geelong had won the 2020 premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whingeing, fmd, never heard whingeing like it. Tigers only had to win one flag “state of the game” “not how football should be played” read: “it’s not fair” from Geelong Media Inc and your coach.
LOL your coach was sooking about the road trip to Marvel and before that threw all the toys out of his cot when the Tiggers had to travel to the Cattery even went as far as getting some Tigger-affiliated media cronies to have a big sook about it. You do know the story about Glass houses don't you

Geelong gun. There is a difference between that and a gun. 😁
A Geelong gun means he's a gun in the GREATEST team in the competition. Glad we can all agree. :smilev1:

62756599-11245809-Jeremy_Cameron_Brad_Close_and_Joel_Selwood_of_the_Cats_celebrate-a-104_1664036824958.jpg

LOL your coach was sooking about the road trip to Marvel and before that threw all the toys out of his cot when the Tiggers had to travel to the Cattery even went as far as getting some Tigger-affiliated media cronies to have a big sook about it. You do know the story about Glass houses don't you

You lot are amazing. Geelong whinge about playing finals at the MCG. They’ve only been played there for about 130 years. It’s just expected Geelong will whinge for England so nobody cares.

Hardwick out of care for the greater good of the game in answer to a question about crowds mentions Richmond games will get better crowds at the MCG than Marvel, Geelong fans go into delirious celebrations because they can claim he whinged. Like a bunch of schoolchildren gossips Cats fans.

You under-rate your supporters badly. Threads about Richmond Geelong still have most responders, most of them posting about how Richmond supporters are obsessed with Geelong but Cats supporters don’t care about Richmond. 🤣
I think it’s pretty clear at this stage that I’m the only participant who isn’t one-eyed or obsessed with Richmond. To disagree would be disrespectful at best.

No I just stopped replying to you and scrolled past all your posts.

I actually thought I was replying to this other fork and spoon operator. Thanks for making me aware of the error. Won’t happen again

So you actually announced you were going to ignore my posts.

And then you go back on that and start replying to my posts.

How can we believe anything you write Phact Boy? 😁

If we can’t stick to discussing the stand rule then I think we’re just about done here folks. Enough with the petty squabbles and name calling.
I did warn you, see post 2.

I did warn you, see post 2.
I warned myself too. See post… ah I can’t even remember which one it was now.

It’s a pity, because there actually has been some decent discussion about the rule on here, no matter which side of the argument you fall on. That’s supposed to be what the main board is all about - genuine football discussion. We have an excellent Bay 13 for those that enjoy the banter/trolling stuff.

I warned myself too. See post… ah I can’t even remember which one it was now.

It’s a pity, because there actually has been some decent discussion about the rule on here, no matter which side of the argument you fall on, which is what the main board is supposed to be all about.
In these threads I appear to side with Richmond supporters because they’re right, mate. These cats fans are absolutely obsessed..

We won a flag bro and they are still miserable

One thing is for sure, Geelong will never have the right to say they would have won the 2022 GF without the introduction of the stand rule and 5 consecutive years of AFL Football Operations Managers who were completely conflicted by their relationship with the Geelong FC coach. Because the people in question acted dishonourably in dealing with their conflicts of interest.

You make the stain, you live with the stain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I love about this comment is Geelong supporters love that the AFL meddled with the game so that Richmond had to develop another game plan!

Let's not forget some of the experts have acknowledged the importance of winning clearances under the statue on the mark rule.

So, if Richmond "gave up clearance to the opposition," was that by design, or are our players just not that great at winning clearances?
Definitely the later and your coach can’t think of another game plan but hey it’s easier to blame some grand conspiracy than accept the truth

In these threads I appear to side with Richmond supporters because they’re right, mate. These cats fans are absolutely obsessed..

We won a flag bro and they are still miserable
There are trouble makers on both sides sadly, but it is always a breath of fresh air seeing somebody who can see past their own club allegiances and discuss footy stuff objectively

Let’s have a chuckle at the good old one-flag Cats, apparently the “greatest.” Laughable supporter base desperate for recognition after years of being humiliated in finals by their arch nemesis the Tigers. 😁
Tiggies trying to latch onto our coattails and call themselves our 'arch nemesis', it's just strange behaviour. The complete mental collapse and conspiracy theories after Geelong's incredible 2022 premiership triumph has been something out of this world. Trust me when I say if you were on this side of the fence you'd be lapping up every second of it. I understand the Swans angst, I understand the Hawthorn angst, but the Richmond gnawing is equal parts unexpected and beautiful.

4d2416I8.jpg

The thread is ABOUT Geelong mate. Why do you think it’s populated by Geelong fans?
Populated by Geelong fans is not the issue mate. It’s the obsessive compulsion to s**t on Richmond at every given opportunity when we have no right to do so.

3/3 they beat us when it mattered mate. Yes, the first one would’ve been at KP in any other sport but feelings don’t change facts. I’m sure you’d swap decades of humiliating Richmond for winning those 3 games.

There are trouble makers on both sides sadly, but it is always a breath of fresh air seeing somebody who can see past their own club allegiances and discuss footy stuff objectively

How is it bias to defend one’s club from accusations and excuses?

All I see is cats fans defending the notion that a rule change is behind our success and not good football, and a handful of fans from another club blaming said change for their dip in fortunes. You’re a moderator. You should be able to recognise that.

Why the f*** would you be surprised that Cats fans are defending their club?

Populated by Geelong fans is not the issue mate. It’s the obsessive compulsion to s**t on Richmond at every given opportunity when we have no right to do so.

3/3 they beat us when it mattered mate. Yes, the first one would’ve been at KP in any other sport but feelings don’t change facts.

Who’s shitting on them?

I’m sure as hell not. They were a great side. They deserved their success. Telling someone that they need to stop making excuses isn’t shitting on them

Blind Freddy can see as soon as one thread that's 'thinly' disguised as a whinge-outlet for Richmond fans to s**t on and cope about Geelong closes, another opens almost immediately. I'm not sure why we're all pussyfooting around the issue and acting like giving them a little serve back is such a huge crime? If they love to dish it out then don't act surprised when they cop a serve back.

Who’s shitting on them?

I’m sure as hell not. They were a great side. They deserved their success. Telling someone that they need to stop making excuses isn’t shitting on them
You’re acting as if thread has no validity. Would the same OP have made this thread if it wasn’t Geelong who won the 2022 premiership? Maybe not.

Would someone else have made this thread if anyone else won instead? Most likely.

Tiggies trying to latch onto our coattails and call themselves our 'arch nemesis', it's just strange behaviour. The complete mental collapse and conspiracy theories after Geelong's incredible 2022 premiership triumph has been something out of this world. Trust me when I say if you were on this side of the fence you'd be lapping up every second of it. I understand the Swans angst, I understand the Hawthorn angst, but the Richmond gnawing is equal parts unexpected and beautiful.

View attachment 1561450

I thought we’ve established we don’t have a rivalry with you, against us you simply aren’t good enough in finals 10-2 or whatever is just utter demolition. But for some reason you guys think we are your bunnies or something lol.

Just a quick question which clubs do you have a positive finals record with? I know Collingwood is, so that’s 1 rival you have so far. Any others?

But honestly this thread needs to go in the bay now. It’s even too much for me haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back