Analysis Would the stand rule still have been introduced if Geelong had won the 2020 premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

The funny thing is the Tiggies haven't won a solitary final in over 2 years, and if we narrow that down to finals at the Mighty MCG, which is what we've been told is all that matters ad infinitum, we're talking over 3 years. You lot have gotta find some clubs more your level, we're the premiers, we're above you. Maybe try a Carlton or Hawthorn or something.

Lol, Cats fans celebrating deliriously when we don’t win a final for two seasons while re-setting after 3 flags in 4 years, all at the expense of their beloved Cats.

Cats fans after winning 2022 GF:

eh-seth-meyers.gif

Cats fans after realising Richmond had been ARC cheated out of the 2022 finals race:

jump-crowd.gif

Zoomed in:

giphy.gif

What I love about this theory is it's Richmond supporters telling the footy world they honestly believe Dimma Hardwick is a one-trick pony and can't develop another gameplan.
What I love about this comment is Geelong supporters love that the AFL meddled with the game so that Richmond had to develop another game plan!

Let's not forget some of the experts have acknowledged the importance of winning clearances under the statue on the mark rule.

So, if Richmond "gave up clearance to the opposition," was that by design, or are our players just not that great at winning clearances?

The thread is about Geelong mate. Who else is going to have the most respondents?

You under-rate your supporters badly. Threads about Richmond, Geelong still have most responders, most of them posting about how Richmond supporters are obsessed with Geelong but Cats supporters don’t care about Richmond. 🤣

Last edited:
What I love about this comment is Geelong supporters love that the AFL meddled with the game so that Richmond had to develop another game plan!

Let's not forget some of the experts have acknowledged the importance of winning clearances under the statue on the mark rule.

So, if Richmond "gave up clearance to the opposition," was that by design, or are our players just not that great at winning clearances?

They just haven’t been that great at anything the last two seasons.

They just haven’t been that great at anything the last two seasons.
If you didn't have an answer for me then why even respond lol!?

My question was really to another Geelong supporter, I forgot his name though, the one that suggested the stand rule did indeed affect our defence.

If you didn't have an answer for me then why even respond lol!?

My question was really to another Geelong supporter, I forgot his name though, the one that suggested the stand rule did indeed affect our defence.

Same reason you never do when I ask why you can’t just grow a spine and cop that your team hasn’t been good enough instead of having to tell yourself that it’s everyone else’s fault.

Same reason you never do when I ask why you can’t just grow a spine and cop that your team hasn’t been good enough instead of having to tell yourself that it’s everyone else’s fault.
If the stand rule was never introduced to assist "quicker ball movement" when Richmond never had a problem moving the ball quickly then I would've had no choice but to "grow a spine and cop that your team hasn’t been good enough."

What about you though, can you grow a spine and cop that I believe your team wasn't good enough to win a flag during Tiger Time without the statue on the mark rule brought in to assist you guys in moving the ball quicker?

Finally a Cats supporter admits they had to change the rules to stop us.
I’ve seen the dossier. It’s headed, “A Stand rule will kill Dimma as coach because he has no Plan B”

If the stand rule was never introduced to assist "quicker ball movement" when Richmond never had a problem moving the ball quickly then I would've had no choice but to "grow a spine and cop that your team hasn’t been good enough."

What about you though, can you grow a spine and cop that I believe your team wasn't good enough to win a flag during Tiger Time without the statue on the mark rule brought in to assist you guys in moving the ball quicker?

We weren’t good enough. It had nothing to do with the stupid rule though. It had to do with not being good enough. Do you really think if the umpire was saying stand every 30 seconds we magically would have been able to curb Dustin Martin?

To kick a winning score with Lachie Henderson as our key forward target in a preliminary final?
I’m not the one who’s been making excuses the whole way along for any of my team’s failings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We weren’t good enough. It had nothing to do with the stupid rule though. It had to do with not being good enough. Do you really think if the umpire was saying stand every 30 seconds we magically would have been able to curb Dustin Martin?

To kick a winning score with Lachie Henderson as our key forward target in a preliminary final?

I’m not the one who’s been making excuses the whole way along for any of my team’s failings.

Yes you are. You are seeking to excuse them for not being able to defeat Richmond in finals by saying they were not good enough. You totally ignore Geelong's coach was a a self obsessed megalomaniac with a god complex, their players were not strong enough mentally to make their finals performances match their home and away record, the recruiting and game plan was on the wrong track and the club sought to fix this not with on field deeds alone but rather by the nefarious means of taking advantage of conflicts of interest and cranking their media arm into action. Whingeing, fmd, never heard whingeing like it. Tigers only had to win one flag “state of the game” “not how football should be played” read: “it’s not fair” from Geelong Media Inc and your coach. Got made to pay up for Cameron, talk about f*cking sook, “Wells is fuming” trumpets Catmedia.

Noble Tiger supporters merely recognising the facts of the matter speak up anyway, even though they know they will be attacked for doing so. Weak sooking Cats continued to lose finals to Richmond, major rules got changed to Chris Sook's specific orders. It has created a stain on your club’s 2022 Premiership you will never remove in one million years of trying to victim blame. So far the totally contrived stand rule has produced two Grand Finals with an average margin of 77.5 points. Uber campaigner Steve Hocking has saved the game from the ravages of the Richmond FC.

PhactBoy logic: lassoo rule would be the biggest rule change ever introduced but stupid stand rule magically had no impact on any results ever.

Lol I didn't even know we were having an argument! You seem to want to quarrel because you can't argue.

If we were having an argument you would have answered my question,

"So, if Richmond "gave up clearance to the opposition," was that by design, or are our players just not that great at winning clearances?"

How the hell should I know? I’m not their coach. Neither are you.

I know they were too good for us before. They aren’t now. And you can’t handle it.

How the hell should I know?
You can know though if you want.

Because it's sort of important if you Geelong supporters want to argue that Richmond "needs more adaptibility" when a new rule comes in that some experts have said puts an emphasis on winning clearances.
I know they were too good for us before. They aren’t now. And you can’t handle it.
Before the stand rule, just say it lol!

You can know though if you want.

Because it's sort of important if you Geelong supporters want to argue that Richmond "needs more adaptibility" when a new rule comes in that some experts have said puts an emphasis on winning clearances.

Before the stand rule, just say it lol!

Before Jeremy Cameron. Before Max Holmes. Before Tyson Stengle. Before Brad Close. Before Sam De Koning.

No but yeah, stand rule but.

Your team was good enough. Now they aren’t.

Now that the other Scotty is off to the Dons, the AFL are looking for a new General Manager of Football. The question is do we send Hocking back in there for a little bit? He's doing well as CEO - premiership in his first year at the helm - but we're probably stable enough that we can go a couple years with someone else in the role. Big decisions to be made soon.

Now that the other Scotty is off to the Dons, the AFL are looking for a new General Manager of Football. The question is do we send Hocking back in there for a little bit? He's doing well as CEO - premiership in his first year at the helm - but we're probably stable enough that we can go a couple years with someone else in the role. Big decisions to be made soon.

Dual leadership Lingy and Moons

🤣🤣🤣 Brad Close is too good for Richmond. Just f*cking lol.

Right so now a young player who noticeably improved this year hasn’t made our team better. Neither have holmes, de Koning, Parfitt, Atkins, Stengle.

Have you been to the same school as Blaisee or drunk from the same water station by any chance? Asking for a fri- I mean, asking on behalf of a whole bunch of concerned forum users.

Right so now a young player who noticeably improved this year hasn’t made our team better. Neither have holmes, de Koning, Parfitt, Atkins, Stengle.

Have you been to the same school as Blaisee or drunk from the same water station by any chance? Asking for a fri- I mean, asking on behalf of a whole bunch of concerned forum users.

Hang on, you are supposed to have me on ignore. What are you doing replying to my insightful posts? 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back